Manly Sea Eagles Feud

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What do you think is the best for the Sea Eagles future ?

• Should Max Delmege & Scott Penn work together as co-owners for the good of the club

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should Max Delmege step down

• Should Scott Penn step down

• Would the club be better of with an independent chairman

• None of above

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Manly Sea Eagles Feud it's not good for the club i just hope it can be resolved quickly.
I personally hope that Max Delmege & Scott Penn can both run the club together.

What a stupid and divisive poll.  It would have been far more valid if preferences were asked.  Who came up with this crap?  Boot him/her of the blog.  Max for PM.

DSM5 link said:
What a stupid and divisive poll.  It would have been far more valid if preferences were asked.  Who came up with this crap?  Boot him/her of the blog.  Max for PM.

DSM5 To answer you question i started the Poll

Then give yourself an uppercut Eagle-P.  The obvious answer to the poll is that they all go for a chinese meal and then work together in perfect harmony.  If they can't agree on who's to pay for the meal, then I'd vote that Penn should step down as Chair and an independent person be appointed.  Although 'none of the above' would open it up to me taking control and doing some very good work.     

I am interested in the views of others. A few of us silvertail 'trolls' have had plenty to say but there are a lot of others who visit the site that don't necessarily post or could bother arguing.

It doesn't mean anything but I can't see a problem with it.

Winning footy games is the best for our future LOL

I don't care much for the politics of the whole affair, I just want it sorted ASAP. Sent an email to my ex girlfriends dad last night dropping **** on him about the Tigers situation and got absolutely hammer with replies about our joint haha

DSM5 link said:
Then give yourself an uppercut Eagle-P.   The obvious answer to the poll is that they all go for a chinese meal and then work together in perfect harmony.  If they can't agree on who's to pay for the meal, then I'd vote that Penn should step down as Chair and an independent person be appointed.  Although 'none of the above' would open it up to me taking control and doing some very good work.      

Thanks for your input DSM5 that's the second time you have indicated you don't like it.

I voted independent chairman as what Delmege sugested in todays media. and if Penn doesn't want to work as a team he can rack off.

I would like to see them stay working together but I can't see it happening.

What happens then? Does one buy the other out? What if neither can afford it? Byso, are you keen for the old ALP Senator to take on the Chairmanship? Maybe Phillip Dean or the member from the Leagues club, who also apparently can't pay their obligated sum to the team?

17/02/2009 - By Manly Sea Eagles

In response to a number of media comments Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Ltd Board Member Kerry Sibraa released a statement today.

"I have no intention of seeking the chairman's position of the Manly Sea Eagles."

No idea who they chose, maybe someone from outside the club would be best.

Surely blind freddy can agree there is a conflict of interest atm having Penn as chairman, do you agree?

I am not sure if it is a conflict of interest. It seems a power struggle though over what is the question. Next meeting there could well be a spill - though I think that 75% is needed to select the chairman.

DSM5 link said:
Not really dsm5 rather than reading paragraph after paragraph on what's allready been repeated on the other threads at least we get a quicker view on what people think.I just hope more posters reply so we can get an idea.

Peters in Manly firing line

By Dean Ritchie | February 18, 2009
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25070273-5016307,00.html

THE Battle of Brookvale has taken another explosive twist with revelations co-owner Max Delmege was looking to sack veteran Manly official and former Sea Eagles player Peter "Zorba" Peters.

But the move caused enormous angst last night with Sea Eagles legends - and club godfather Ken Arthurson - demanding Peters retain his job at Manly as media and events manager.

Delmege remains angry that Peters accused him on radio last weekend of being "un-Manly'' over a backflip on the future of CEO Grant Mayer.

There is talk of a peace deal at Brookvale between the warring owners, the Penn and Delmege families. Some suggest Peters could join Mayer as a victim in the bloodshed.

But former Manly prop Mark Carroll said: "Zorba is known as 'The King' at Manly. He is a straight-shooter and says a lot of stuff tongue in cheek. It's verbal diarrhoea but he doesn't mean anything by it. But no way in the world would you want to see him out of the joint.
Related Links

* Manly fan fires up: don't mess with a winner

"Zorba is the glue at Manly - the bloke you go to when you need something done. He has so many contacts - he knows everyone in the game.''

Former Manly captain Max Krilich also supported Peters. "Zorba is Manly through and through. I have known him for 40 years. He has helped me a lot over the years as he has with many people in the Manly area.

"I'm sorry he has fallen out with one of the groups involved at the club. But it would hard to replace someone of his experience.''

Graham Eadie, the great Manly fullback, said he owes Peters. "I know when I fell on hard times seven or eight years ago, Zorba helped me out,'' he said. "He has been there since I arrived in 1971. He played in the 1973 grand final and has virtually been there ever since.

"You can't be there that long and not have Manly in your veins. Zorba has contributed a lot to the club on and off the field.''

Arthurson added: "Zorba is an integral part of the club. I don't think anyone should consider getting rid of him. He is a vital part of Manly.''

Peters said his comments on radio were as a journalist, not a club official. "Whatever happens will happen. But what I said on Sunday was a journalist speaking. The club has always allowed me to participate in my journalistic endeavours, going way back Ken Arthurson and a multitude of officials ever since.

"But right now I want to give all my support to Manly winning the WCC. It would be a great coup for us to do. The club is bigger than any individual.''

Canteen Worker link said:
I don't pretend to have the easy answers. None of the options look too flash at the moment.

Well you just sit back picking splinters from your ass then. The answer seems like a no brainer to a dimwitt like myself.

byso link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=179192.msg207334#msg207334 date=1234871248]
I don't pretend to have the easy answers. None of the options look too flash at the moment.

Well you just sit back picking splinters from your ass then. The answer seems like a no brainer to a dimwitt like myself.
[/quote]  Please enlighten us Byso ......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7