Manly Sea Eagles diehards fight to save Brookvale--Stone Parade 'My Generation'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
By Josh Massoud | May 23, 2008 12:00am
NOT so long ago, Manly were the NRL's unrivalled silvertails.

How their tune has changed. Tonight, a troupe of Sea Eagles diehards will sing for the team's supper as they battle to raise money to stay at Brookvale Oval.

Fearful their beloved team will be forced elsewhere because of a shortage in public funding for the iconic venue, emerging Northern Beaches rockers Stone Parade decided to make some noise. My Generation is the band's first single and they've pledged to donate all proceeds to revamping Brookvale's out-dated facilities.

Manly have spent two years petitioning the Iemma Government for a $10 million upgrade package. The Sea Eagles claim they can no longer compete financially at their spiritual nest because it lacks the corporate facilities of modern Sydney stadia. Officials are also furious that rival clubs like St George Illawarra, Penrith and Cronulla have since enjoyed Government handouts while their appeals continue to fall on deaf ears.

Enter Stone Parade, who are confident their debut song can break the silence. Guitarist Kevin Fouche said he and the other four band members wanted to help, given they had been attending Brookvale all their lives. "The team has given us so many good times here at Brookie, so we thought we should give something back," Fouche said. "It seems that a lot of the other grounds in Sydney have gotten money, but we never get anything."

The boys met footy heroes Steve Menzies and Glenn Stewart at Brookvale this week to launch the campaign. All will return for tonight's big match against the Dragons to sell their single under the big screen, which will also unveil My Generation's video clip.

YOU TUBE CLIP OF THE SONG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9HfI9xO3tk

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6