Manly sea eagles coming to Gladstone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Printed off 4 of these Grandstand tickets and am all geared up.

Attachments

• IMGP2144 (Medium).JPG
    IMGP2144 (Medium).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 15
Good on ya mate! What a massive thrill to have your team play in your hometown, and should be a great atmosphere. What is the ground capacity up there?
I think the grandstand holds around 400 and as far as the rest of the ground goes i am not really sure. Its not real big compared to other grounds that the NRL teams play on but its in good condition. I have never been inside as i mostly travel around to manly games when we can.I have been to the ground next to Marley Brown oval but that was 25 years ago at a local game.The wife is real happy and my daughters cant wait.To get the 4 tickets in the grandstand was a massive bonus.

I think the grandstand holds around 400 and as far as the rest of the ground goes i am not really sure. Its not real big compared to other grounds that the NRL teams play on but its in good condition. I have never been inside as i mostly travel around to manly games when we can.I have been to the ground next to Marley Brown oval but that was 25 years ago at a local game.The wife is real happy and my daughters cant wait.To get the 4 tickets in the grandstand was a massive bonus.

Just read 6,000 is the capacity. I’d imagine it will be sold out quickly and be a top atmosphere. Be interesting to see the split between Manly/Tits/Neutral fans.

Just read 6,000 is the capacity. I’d imagine it will be sold out quickly and be a top atmosphere. Be interesting to see the split between Manly/Tits/Neutral fans.
You would be surprised the amount of Manly fans there are up this way. I was walking through Kin Kora mall in Gladstone and had my Manly jersey on and walking towards us were another manly fan with his colours on. He came up to me and the wife and said “It’s good to see you wearing your colours”. I will be looking around with curiosity at the game to see just how many we are.

Yeah, I have come across a lot of Manly fans in regional centres. I'm on the Tweed Coast, and no shortage of shirts, caps, etc.

Hope Gladstone is absolutely rocking with maroon and white colours.

I’m sure it will be a fantastic occasion, I wish all NRL clubs would take games to regional areas.

I know there’s a cost to the bottom line but surely the NRL could subsidise each game so they are at least not out of pocket.

Looking forward to this game, driving over from Emerald. Have 2 Grandstand tickets thankfully.
What seat number,I will come over and say gday.All our 4 tickets are separate from each other so we are not sitting together in the grandstand as we had to take what we could get.Let me know what seat your at and I will come over and say gday.

I’m sure it will be a fantastic occasion, I wish all NRL clubs would take games to regional areas.

I know there’s a cost to the bottom line but surely the NRL could subsidise each game so they are at least not out of pocket.
I was looking at the sports news the other day and they said something about getting the game noticed in the USA.I only got the end of it but was left wondering.I agree mate and it would do wonders for the communities and sales,motels and also other benefits.

I was looking at the sports news the other day and they said something about getting the game noticed in the USA.I only got the end of it but was left wondering.I agree mate and it would do wonders for the communities and sales,motels and also other benefits.

The game is slowly diminishing in the bush, big regional cities might be ok but towns of 10,000 and less that had strong league sides are closing the doors.

The game needs to do something to keep it alive and having big games , nearby, would be a start!

The game is slowly diminishing in the bush, big regional cities might be ok but towns of 10,000 and less that had strong league sides are closing the doors.

The game needs to do something to keep it alive and having big games , nearby, would be a start!
It makes me wonder how Kick and Giggle(AFL) is so big.Up here in Gladstone it’s still got a following.League up here is slightly bigger than AFL though as I have bumped into more people up here from Sydney than Victoria or SA in my 26 years of being here.I can remember when we first moved up here 26 years ago, you wouldn’t see anyone as the place only had around 10 thousand people at the most.Now there are people every where.And to think that there will be around 6000 at this game.

It makes me wonder how Kick and Giggle(AFL) is so big.Up here in Gladstone it’s still got a following.League up here is slightly bigger than AFL though as I have bumped into more people up here from Sydney than Victoria or SA in my 26 years of being here.I can remember when we first moved up here 26 years ago, you wouldn’t see anyone as the place only had around 10 thousand people at the most.Now there are people every where.And to think that there will be around 6000 at this game.

I’m down in my old home town of Moree ( helping our daughter out after her husbands death) and it really pisses me off to see how our game is just forgotten about in a town like this, meanwhile the Moree Swans (FMD who’d of thought) are financially supported by the AFL and Auskick is alive and well.

We now have, in a country town of around 8000, League, Union, AFL & Soccer all competing for kids.

And what help do they get from the NRL.............0!!!

I’m down in my old home town of Moree ( helping our daughter out after her husbands death) and it really pisses me off to see how our game is just forgotten about in a town like this, meanwhile the Moree Swans (FMD who’d of thought) are financially supported by the AFL and Auskick is alive and well.

We now have, in a country town of around 8000, League, Union, AFL & Soccer all competing for kids.

And what help do they get from the NRL.............0!!!
Sorry to hear about your son in law Mark and hope your daughter is ok mate.Yea,that’s politics for you Mark,it’s a shame really as league has the potential to be bigger than AFL and I can not understand why it’s not.Moree is a nice little town,I come through there every year on holidays when I head down to Forbes NSW.

What seat number,I will come over and say gday.All our 4 tickets are separate from each other so we are not sitting together in the grandstand as we had to take what we could get.Let me know what seat your at and I will come over and say gday.
We are in Row D seats 13,14. Will be nice to meet you.

*WE ARE DOWN ON 45 TROOPS FROM LAST YEARS TIPPING COMP
AND OFTEN WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN WE'VE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER AS A TEAM
*WE NEED GREAT PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED. ARE YOU ONE OF THOSE GREAT SILVERTAIL MEMBERS ???
*YOUR FORUM IS CALLING YOU , YES YOU !!!
Join the Silvertails tipping comp today
For only $25 ( $2 dollars and 8 cents a month )*
* Prizes to be won !!!
NRL Round one starts 8th March - JUST 2 days to go

Link -
2017 Tipping Comp - Account
Upgrade Page

winston-churchill-quote-price-greatness-responsibility-jpg.7678

https://m.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/nrl-costs-to-be-released-eventually/3355938/
CONFIDENTIAL: Why cost to host NRL match remains under wraps
by MATT HARRIS
8th Mar 2018 3:00 PM

THE full cost of bringing an NRL game to Gladstone will be released, eventually.

That's the message from Gladstone Region Mayor Matt Burnett after council discussed the issue at its general meeting at Boyne Island this week.

The item was listed as confidential at Tuesday's meeting, meaning discussions took took place behind closed doors in accordance with Section 275 (1) of the Local Government Regulation Act of 2012.

The discussion was in relation to the GRC budget and costs involved with hosting a Gold Coast Titans home game at Gladstone's Marley Brown Oval on April 8.

Cr Burnett said the full costs involved will "absolutely" be released after the event but council's hands were tied at the moment due to a confidentially agreement involving the Titans.

"I'd love to put it into the public arena how much is involved but there's a confidentially clause between the Titans and Tourism and Events Queensland," Cr Burnett said.

"It's annoying and frustrating because from our point of view we'd be more than happy for everyone to know the costs involved.
"We've told them all along that we agree to this being confidential but at the end of the day budgetary matters from council are public.

"It's a commercial and confidence issue for the Titans about how much they require to make a game profitable and successful for them and they don't want their opposition to know these things.

"I get that and that's why we've got to be mindful of what we're doing but we're also spending ratepayers' money and ratepayers will know what the total cost to council was."

Titans keeping costs confidential for Gladstone NRL game. Contributed
Gold Coast Titans chief executive officer Graham Annesley was tight-lipped on the costs involved when asked about the issue when visiting Marley Brown Oval on February 28.

"It's a very expensive exercise - I can't put a dollar figure on it off the top of my head," he said.

"Taking an NRL competition game with all the broadcast infrastructure that's required - Fox Sports will be in town with their full production line-up.

"We've obviously got to get both teams in town so they're here for a couple of days, you've got airfares, accommodation, meals, the infrastructure that's been put in by the council to make the event possible - it's an expensive event to stage that's why it needs to be financially successful.

"As far as NRL clubs are concerned, we only make our revenue from our own home competition games and the only reason this game has been possible has been through the support of the Mayor and the council but also Tourism and Events Queensland.

"Clearly we're not going to generate as much revenue from gate receipts here as we would at our regular home ground so it's the additional support through the council and TEQ that make it happen so we're very grateful for that."

The Gladstone match will be played in Round 5 when the Titans tackle the Manly Sea Eagles at 2pm on April 8.

Only a handful of general admission tickets remain on sale

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10