Manly Sea Eagles' 10-year plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NewwyEagle

I sleep in a racing car
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...and-kieran-foran/story-fn2mcuj6-1227243823282

Manly Sea Eagles’ 10-year plan to keep Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran

MANLY have unveiled a detailed 10-year plan they hope will entice Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans to remain at Brookvale long-term.

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn said the plan would ensure his club becomes “the best in the world.”

Manly are still hoping to re-sign Foran and Cherry-Evans, even though the odds are lengthening.

Penn though hopes a robust and strong plan over the next decade will prompt the pair to remain at Brookvale.

“This is our action plan,” Penn told The Daily Telegraph. “We aren’t talking about this, we are doing it.

“We want Kieran and Daly to get excited about our future and where we are going and we want them to buy into our thinking. We’ve told them where we are heading but this is showing them where we are heading. We will bring it to life.

"This is about making Manly the best rugby league club in the world. This about painting the picture of where we are going.”

Penn’s plan involves offering a strong front office, increasing resources for players and building a new Brookvale Oval.

In an impressive presentation, Penn said: “We are now in the process of building the pillars of our new 10-year plan under consolidated ownership. We have a very exciting future ahead of us.

“The first pillar is getting our house in order. We have Joe Kelly on board as CEO and has a very talented 2IC with Neil Bare as CFO. We have two new executives coming on board over the coming weeks, Paul Grazanka as GM Consumer and Marketing and Luke Byrne as GM Corporate. These four executives led by Joe are in my opinion the best off-field team in the NRL.

“Our second pillar is to continue to invest in our football department to make sure we have the best resources available for Geoff (Toovey) and the coaching staff. We have added additional resources this year and will continue to look at new ways of improving our team in the future. We will be investing in a new training facility to ensure we have world class sports science and rehab facilities that befit a modern professional sporting organisation.

“Our third pillar is our playing venue. We need a new stadium at Brookvale Oval. No is not an option and we are working closely with Warringah Council and the State Government to find a solution to give us a stadium we require to compete at an elite level.

“The type of stadium we would like to see at Brookie is a world class, modern stadium with 23,000 seats including wifi, commercial retail outlets and restaurant quality food. We will also ensure there are a number of community facilities to ensure we deliver on our fourth pillar which is giving back to the community.”

Meanwhile, Foran may not decide his future this week. He has spoken to the club about where he thinks the systems could be improved.

Manly know Parramatta are favourites for Foran but remain hopeful.

MANLY’S 10-YEAR PLAN

* Restructure and strengthen front office

* Increase resources for NRL side

* Upgrade or rebuild Brookvale Oval

* Improve community relations

Of course Ritchie added in little things about the halves in this article but aside from that speculation, the rest of it is great news!
I'm glad we have these blokes in charge of the club. They came in to a rough situation at board level and a load of contract issues but that stuff is slowly being sorted and everything they're doing seems to be very positive for the club.

“This is our action plan,” Penn told The Daily Telegraph. “We aren’t talking about this, we are doing it.

This is the attitude I love. Our future seems to be in very good hands.

Love how this stuff just get's magically released when people in charge are under pressure 2 re sign some players. Typical politician spin when under pressure.

Love how this stuff just get's magically released when people in charge are under pressure 2 re sign some players. Typical politician spin when under pressure.

And somehow VERY similar to the crap being pedalled by the Eels, sounds great but all fluff!!

Our theoretical 10 year plan is much better than parra's theoretical 10 year plan. Ours at least has things that can be realistically planned. Theirs happens to include a couple of premierships. Maybe if they wish hard enough

The saying, 'if wishes were horses, beggars would ride' is the most apt description when discussing the Eels (and their fans) talk about near term premierships.

Apart from an increase in asses, I'm not expecting any great influx of equine activity out Parramatta way anytime soon.

The saying, 'if wishes were horses, beggars would ride' is the most apt description when discussing the Eels (and their fans) talk about near term premierships.

Apart from an increase in asses, I'm not expecting any great influx of equine activity out Parramatta way anytime soon.
you never know they might start using horse sedatives to shut choc up

I like this plan. Let's hope it comes true. Would be great to see our club get some updated facilities.

I have never come home from a game at Brookvale thinking "geez that was a great day, if only I had some "restaurant quality food"". Half the time my gut is turning due to nerves and any duck a l'orange would be wasted on me. If I could get a bucket of chips and water for my son for under $8 to keep him quiet, all would be good. Never needed Wifi while at the football either !

Maybe the ten year plan should have been implemented about 6 months ago and we may not be in this predicament. Maybe it took their committee that long to come up with the "4 pillars" idea. Personally I would have called them the "4 hitups" of success, kinda catchy don't you think ? Maybe I should become a management consultant -

Great speeches and promises remind me of politicians. Saying the new people are the best in the business before they have done anything is just words and perhaps a little disrespectful of the recent departures. ??

Who else is in the team?

Proof will be required for us fans before we start applauding.

Sign the halves, find another major sponsor, don't lose any others, develop the players on and off the field.

Winning football matches, and the fans enthusiasm ( which comes with politician support for necessary DA and funds) will hopefully get the Brookvale oval development done.

Couldn't agree more. Generally:

A great plan with poor implementation, fail.

A poor team with a great plan, fail.

Poor team, poor implementation, poor us!

It's hard to see a 10 year plan without the halves.

Rugby league clubs need big corporate sponsors and great leaders

Penn says we have the best team, including Zorba,

Hope he is right. Cheering for the team.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2