Manly Reveal grand designs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As far as I'm concerned the more seating at Brookie the better. If we had the cash I would love to see it become an all seater. It's 2011 and I believe hills are outdated for a professional football team.

The main thing this will achieve is more corporate boxes with a side on view with way better facilities than the Jane Try can offer, This is a major hurdle in securing sponsors.

Another Added benefit is selling more ticketed memberships from a premium view at good prices due to having more seats under cover thus netting more money when it rains.

It also gives the opportunity to build more / better catering shops which would help with beer and food lines, also more toilets!

As much as everyone loves the hill, selling premium tickets will keep the club financially stable and with the way the hill is $25 entry for good seats on a sunny day (hardly anyone if it rains) is way too cheap to sustain us and we need the club to be around forever, to do this we need to lose part of the hill.

The biggest hurdle in the design is Manly getting the money / grants to get it build.

I'm a sucker for the stadiums of old but Belmore Sports Ground is unfixable in it's current setup, and I'd consider it wasting money for any money outside of a knockdown and rebuild.

On thing I noticed, is the carpark, which Brookie desperately needs. For people like myself that travel over an hr to get to Brookie by car when we play Manly there, car parking is essential.

Overall apart from the loss of the hill, the covered seating is a really nice addition, as it means spectactors can go regardless of the weather.

Heck, anything looks better than the concrete prison we called ANZ Stadium, Dogs home ground... God that place is depressing :(

There really is no place like home!

The Who said:
I would prefer that they develop the northern end of the ground with a massive stadium and leave the Hill on the eastern side as is.
They have done this at WIN Stadium.
Just don't get the same contractors that built win to build Brookvale. Brookie can get a bit windy and we know what happened to the roof at WIN Stadium recently !!

MrInvisible said:
The biggest hurdle in the design is Manly getting the money / grants to get it build.

I'm a sucker for the stadiums of old but Belmore Sports Ground is unfixable in it's current setup, and I'd consider it wasting money for any money outside of a knockdown and rebuild.

On thing I noticed, is the carpark, which Brookie desperately needs. For people like myself that travel over an hr to get to Brookie by car when we play Manly there, car parking is essential.

Overall apart from the loss of the hill, the covered seating is a really nice addition, as it means spectactors can go regardless of the weather.

Heck, anything looks better than the concrete prison we called ANZ Stadium, Dogs home ground... God that place is depressing :(

There really is no place like home!

The Who said:
I would prefer that they develop the northern end of the ground with a massive stadium and leave the Hill on the eastern side as is.
They have done this at WIN Stadium.
Just don't get the same contractors that built win to build Brookvale. Brookie can get a bit windy and we know what happened to the roof at WIN Stadium recently !!

Aren't you guys going back to Belmore?
I hope so, i never got to a game there in the 90's, it's a regret i hold. Redfern is the other one.

WARRINGAH Council is now working on several new designs for the redevelopment of Brookvale Park.

The council previously released two proposed masterplans for the site, which includes the home of the Manly Sea Eagles, but are now working on a number of options.

A spokeswoman said the council was not ready to release any of the designs but confirmed they would go on display eventually.

“There are a number of options and none are set,” she said. “There is no preferred option.”

The Manly Sea Eagles, who are the major stakeholders in the redevelopment, have already released their preferred design which shows a new stand in place of the eastern hill.

It does not include the multi-storey development that featured in the two masterplans released earlier this year.

Manly owner and chairman Scott Penn said the design would help boost capacity at Brookvale Oval.

“The key thing we are always looking for is a significant increase in undercover seats,” he said.

“And this design delivers about 9000 additional undercover seats. Our focus has been to get the best possible ground we can and that new design includes everything we have been looking for.”

He said the club would approach the state and federal governments to fund the $50 million revamp.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/park-plan-not-finalised/

ManlyBacker said:
A spokeswoman said the council was not ready to release any of the designs but confirmed they would go on display eventually.

“There are a number of options and none are set,” she said. “There is no preferred option.”

Thank you miss spokewoman.

At the end of the interview she said she had nothing to add.

A byproduct of an Abbott victory in the next federal election is a better chance of federal funding. Albanese, who is in charge of this sort of funding in the labour government is a very feral anti-Manly league supporter. He has told me there is absolutely no chance of him giving any money to the Sea Eagles. What's needed is for the club to run some candidates in the next Warringah council election against anti development councilors. Toovs would be ideal.

DSM5 said:
A byproduct of an Abbott victory in the next federal election is a better chance of federal funding. Albanese, who is in charge of this sort of funding in the labour government is a very feral anti-Manly league supporter. He has told me there is absolutely no chance of him giving any money to the Sea Eagles. What's needed is for the club to run some candidates in the next Warringah council election against anti development councilors. Toovs would be ideal.

Where did you meet him DSM? It's the politics of envy.

It kind of looks odd to me. I would prefer that the new stand depicted in the image went all the way around so that it incorporates the Arko and Jane Try stands. I guess I'm into symmetry.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6