Manly Pride

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not wanting to go back over old arguments but the lack of tolerance and acceptance demonstrated is the issue for most people. The potential hypocrisy is another layer

I fully agree .. the complete lack of tolerance for the beliefs of the 7 was atrocious ...

I fully agree .. the complete lack of tolerance for the beliefs of the 7 was atrocious ...
Despite the clear troll we should always accept beliefs if society has moved on...much like we need to move on from this discussion as everyone has stated their beliefs and talked about it on and on

Despite the clear troll we should always accept beliefs if society has moved on...much like we need to move on from this discussion as everyone has stated their beliefs and talked about it on and on

Why was my comment a troll ?

Are you saying that the vile abuse they received on these very pages was not intolerant?

Why was my comment a troll ?

Are you saying that the vile abuse they received on these very pages was not intolerant?
Woodsie you seem to be a smart guy and must know what you are doing with most of your comments.

Of course, abuse is not never acceptable. That does not take away from the fact that in the year 2022 7 players felt so uncomfortable with an inclusion jersey they would put the season at risk.

I can not get my head around the fact that this would be an issue now but as I said everyone has discussed this over and over and there is not much more value to talk about here.

There may be a difference between accepting, and live and let live ... and being asked to actively partake in a promotion ..

Just guessing, but I reckon they couldn't care less if someone's gay or not ... just don't ask them to wear the tshirt...
There are heaps of Morgan’s in Fiji. I lived their for a year and they are very accepting of all sexualities, races and religions. There is even a gay nightclub and a gay coffee shop in Suva.

Let’s just call the 7 what they are, and that’s Homophobes.

2 points.

Has this thread been hijacked? Not sure the original discussion on 'manly pride' had anything to do with the 7+ and or homosexuality.

Secondly having travelled to many places where our western views of an open society are not overly accepted in general I've found that the bigotry and narrow minded views are often much worse in communities not in the mother country. Eg. Our players that sat out the match are probably members of local churches here that are much more hardline in their views about such things than back at home in the mother country.

Now, to believers, the bible is the Bible .. and There is no mention of gambling in the bible ... and not only did Jesus drink alcohol, his party trick was turning water into wine ...

Now, most churches, historically aware of the damage an excess of either can create frown upon both and either discourage or ban them ... BUT .. neither to my knowledge are considered heaven defying sins ..

However, homosexuality is in the bible, and apparently according to those nutters ... a sin.

SO, calling the 7 hypocrites is just plain wrong ...

We’ve been through this a million times.

They are Mormon’s, where gambling and alcohol isn’t permitted. They are not Christians.

They are hypocrites.

Is there a commitment to wearing it next season yet??!
I'm hoping that first there is a commitment by the whole squad to winning more games than they lose.

Secondly, another commitment to making the eight would also work.

Additionally, the team should focus on making the top four. As overly optimistic as it might sound considering current circumstances.

Finally, a commitment to putting club first, and everything else second, would also do me fine.

Everything else is just self-inflicted, cancerous noise, that has no rightful place in MWSE.

It's time all those involved, on both sides of the equation, got over themselves, and started working together to put this club back at the top of the NRL.

In 2023 we need to see some real Manly Pride. Nothing else matters.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6