Manly premiership contenders?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Is it fair to say that Manly could be regarded as a genuine threat to take out this years comp?

over recent years there have been many threats - i would say we are a chance but there are others above us still.

october is a long way away - remember back in april the cowboys were specials to win

I think so on the back of the great defence, long way to go yet though. It's just a matter of who is on top of their game at finals time, same as last year.

I can't believe that I'm actually feeling cocky about Manly at the moment. I put a tenner on Manly at work with Tigers fan this week !!! This is SOOO unlike me. I need something to whinge about...cmon Manly, your letting me down !!! Hehehehehehe...

Of course we can win it!!

I think (like most recent years) the dragons are going to be the team to beat!!

They may choke again, but as i stated in a different thread the Dragons are really starting to make their run now... the players have their future sorted out now and they only have footy on their mind and they are looking good again.

If we can keep getting the 2 points and get ourselves into position 3 - 6 come finals week 1... if we can hit our peek form (which we are no where near yet) we have every chance of bringing the trophy back to Brooky

If we continue to improve and have some luck with the injuries for sure, but at the moment I would rate us around 5th to 6th in line.

I think we are now a good chance, the Broncos are the only team that would concern us and like previous years this could quickly change with SOO effecting them.

If we continue to improve and have some luck with the injuries for sure, but at the moment I would rate us around 5th to 6th in line.
Yes - we should not get too carried away by the hype. A lot of water yet to go under the bridge.

Injuries and improvement will be the key plus who is playing best in September when it really counts. Good thing is that we are a show.

Don't forget we were coming 2nd at this time last year.

However with Bell/Orford they have added quality to our backline. Along with the improvement in Matai/Burns we have a fair dinkum NRL backline from 1 to 7.

The difference has been in the forwards Kite is playing to his potential, while Bryant has turned into a quality prop. George Rose is coming off the bench making hard yards while Glen Stewart has proved an ideal fill in when one of our backrow is out.

I watch the replay a couple of times over the weekend and have to give Deadwood a wrap, in the last 20 minutes of the games he made some valuable metres.

As Phil Gould said we have a lot more petrol in the tank this season.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6