Manly Positional changes - that could work ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Ok - this debate is about idea's based on our current squad
Share your opinions and idea's with "No Fear" that you will be sliced and diced for an "Insane Option" or 2 !!

1 - Tom T - Can also cover wing/centre....but World's Best player, so the 1 all day I say
2 - Saab - Wing only - lacks the vision and positioning at 1
3 - Harper - Centre ONLY....looking over shoulder at Koula and needs to overcome the horror finals - he can as young and had a great all round season if you take all games into account
4 - Parker - Centre ONLY - Backrow in juniors and an option that I see as a career ending KO...Another with Koula in the rear vision mirror and the man in a hotseat to keep his spot imo
5 - Garrick - Wing is Best....but his ability across the field improved 40%....can cover centre/FB reasonably - prefer Wing
6 - Foran - 5/8 firstly and Secondly, but could easily slot to 9 and do a Solid job imo
7 - DCE - Qld and Aussie 7 so his Best position....always felt in this modern game would be a sensational 9 and absolutely tear holes through the middle - don't shoot - wont happen
8 - Aloiai - Prop ONLY - and need to lift or will struggle to make the 17 in 2022
9 - Croker - 9 or halves - reliable but not dynamic, solid defensively and improved...the biggest issue is perhaps not his fault....with the improved speed of the game the potential threat from dummy half should be far greater and we lack this...adding more pressure on "pass it to Tom" - No Suprise that the Top 3 teams 2021 had Cook, Api and Grant the 3 best in this position.
10 - Marty - Prop ONLY - Big left fend could also have him attack the right edge, but prefer in 2022 he simply adds more mongrel and go forward not thinking offload, more I'm running 100mph to skittle defenders and playing the ball quickly
11 - Guoc - 2nd Row ONLY - And 2nd Row all day he is
12 - Schu - A Big 5/8 with the skillset and size to play footy anywhere....would love to see him at lock, as he would threaten the right and left with the pass to be anywhere....just maybe could also add some thrust at 9, the bloke has vision you can't teach.
I understand why Des has him backrow to simplify this gun, but also feel there will come a time to take off the shackles.
13 - Jake - Could play Anywhere in the forwards, but I like him at prop and going forward, yet ballplaying like a Pommy prop....has amazing skills and vision and the defensive glue that holds our middle together.

14 - Paseka - Front Row ONLY - Best position for this Bohemoth, who must have bought a mirror in 2021 and worked out his size, which defenders don't seem to like
15 - Walker - Also a Super centre who could go back there today and make an impact.....now a Dynamic bench option that can fill in anywhere, but I love him using his speed through the middle of tired forwards and reckon that's where he'll stay in 2022
16 - Keppie Front Row ONLY - Our Enforcer - leave him hungry in the middle to eat up opposition forwards
17 - Bullemor - Front Row with ability to play 2nd Row and cut halves up for fun....the PERFECT utility we have been missing has arrived

Others

Lawton - Verstaile as an ex half, but ideal as a 9 or a hardworking backrower in the modern game
Sipley - An angry prop who bend the defensive line like an elastic band - short stints
Koula - "The Flash" will fill in firstly on the wing - then Fullback/centre - will turn into a gun centre in time

Others ? You tell me - we have plenty

Share your opinions and idea's with "No Fear" that you will be sliced and diced for an "Insane Option" or 2 !!

1 - Tom T - Can also cover wing/centre....but World's Best player, so the 1 all day I say
3 - Harper - Centre ONLY....looking over shoulder at Koula and needs to overcome the horror finals - he can as young and had a great all round season if you take all games into account
4 - Parker - Centre ONLY - Backrow in juniors and an option that I see as a career ending KO...Another with Koula in the rear vision mirror and the man in a hotseat to keep his spot imo
5 - Garrick - Wing is Best....but his ability across the field improved 40%....can cover centre/FB reasonably - prefer Wing
6 - Foran - 5/8 firstly and Secondly, but could easily slot to 9 and do a Solid job imo
7 - DCE - Qld and Aussie 7 so his Best position....always felt in this modern game would be a sensational 9 and absolutely tear holes through the middle - don't shoot - wont happen
8 - Aloiai - Prop ONLY - and need to lift or will struggle to make the 17 in 2022
9 - Croker - 9 or halves - reliable but not dynamic, solid defensively and improved...the biggest issue is perhaps not his fault....with the improved speed of the game the potential threat from dummy half should be far greater and we lack this...adding more pressure on "pass it to Tom" - No Suprise that the Top 3 teams 2021 had Cook, Api and Grant the 3 best in this position.
10 - Marty - Prop ONLY - Big left fend could also have him attack the right edge, but prefer in 2022 he simply adds more mongrel and go forward not thinking offload, more I'm running 100mph to skittle defenders and playing the ball quickly
12 - Schu - A Big 5/8 with the skillset and size to play footy anywhere....would love to see him at lock, as he would threaten the right and left with the pass to be anywhere....just maybe could also add some thrust at 9, the bloke has vision you can't teach.
I understand why Des has him backrow to simplify this gun, but also feel there will come a time to take off the shackles.
13 - Jake - Could play Anywhere in the forwards, but I like him at prop and going forward, yet ballplaying like a Pommy prop....has amazing skills and vision and the defensive glue that holds our middle together.

14 - Paseka - Front Row ONLY - Best position for this Bohemoth, who must have bought a mirror in 2021 and worked out his size, which defenders don't seem to like
15 - Walker - Also a Super centre who could go back there today and make an impact.....now a Dynamic bench option that can fill in anywhere, but I love him using his speed through the middle of tired forwards and reckon that's where he'll stay in 2022
16 - Keppie Front Row ONLY - Our Enforcer - leave him hungry in the middle to eat up opposition forwards
17 - Bullemor - Front Row with ability to play 2nd Row and cut halves up for fun....the PERFECT utility we have been missing has arrived

Others

Lawton - Verstaile as an ex half, but ideal as a 9 or a hardworking backrower in the modern game
Sipley - An angry prop who bend the defensive line like an elastic band - short stints
Koula - "The Flash" will fill in firstly on the wing - then Fullback/centre - will turn into a gun centre in time

Found a lot of your player assessments spot on, we certainly have a lot of versatility in this squad.

Others

Great summary feathered friend

Your Koula "The Flash" quote was Fantastic !

Seeing our Centre of Excellence Koula in the flesh and in the clear and over the line for a Manly try at 4 Pines Park would be worth the trip to one of our home games

1642478844974.png

So basically your debate / argument is to basically most players in the positions they are selected amd playing in.
I think you win the debate, the coach and 99% of fans agree.
😜😂

No position in a Manly team should be owned

Every position in a Manly team should be leased

Every week . Every one of our 30 men squad should have the right to challenge for a spot in the top 17

and may the best performers be rewarded with one of the top 17 positions

Our Legendary Jersey of Excellence stands for nothing but Excellent performances on the field
Our Legendary Maroon and White colours do not represent Mediocre bur only Magnificence

2022_Sea_Eagles_Mens_Replica_Home_Jersey_Maroon_SEJRM22501_45Right_480x480.jpg

Foz is a solid defender ,but I dont think his body could defend at 9 anymore.40-50 tackles a game ,unfortunately not happening.
But heart of a racehorse and would die trying.
Agree, the days of Foz putting in those kind of numbers are long gone, still liking foz at 6 though. For foz to go around again without injury will be a minor miracle, so will definitely see a lot more of Schuster at 5/8, and that will be a good thing.

No position in a Manly team should be owned

Every position in a Manly team should be leased

Every week . Every one of our 30 men squad should have the right to challenge for a spot in the top 17

and may the best performers be rewarded with one of the top 17 positions

Our Legendary Jersey of Excellence stands for nothing but Excellent performances on the field
Our Legendary Maroon and White colours do not represent Mediocre bur only Magnificence

View attachment 20067
By the way, just love our new strip for 22 !!

By the way, just love our new strip for 22 !!
It looks a very Sexy Jersey indeed feathered friend

And The great news is

All club members get rewarded with a 10% Discount on all Merchandise All year round

It pays to belong to the Greatest club of ALL

1639706337179.png

It looks a very Sexy Jersey indeed feathered friend

And The great news is

All club members get rewarded with a 10% Discount on all Merchandise All year round

It pays to belong to the Greatest club of ALL

View attachment 20068
No doubt this will be a rampant best seller in the merchandise shop at the Leagues Club. Good times ahead Bozo..

So basically your debate / argument is to basically most players in the positions they are selected amd playing in.
I think you win the debate, the coach and 99% of fans agree.
😜😂
Your maths ManEagle is not an A+.....I mean 13 out of 17 I have comfortably playing "other positions" thats over 75% of the team offers options based on the thread right ?
In fact I have a few I believe would be better in "other" positions.
I maybe confused you a little having players 1 - 17 in the position they play today....but reading on there are a few prominant changes, have you got any ideas on the topic ? :call:

Last edited:
Your maths ManEagle is not an A+.....I mean 13 out of 17 I have comfortably playing "other positions" thats over 75% of the team offers options based on the thread right ?
In fact I have a few I believe would be better in "other" positions.
I maybe confused you a little having players 1 - 17 in the position they play today....but reading on there are a few prominant changes, have you got any ideas on the topic ? :call:
Firstly lighten up buddy. Was just having a snarky dig hence the @:p
Secondly your first choice position as in "only" or "best" or "I would have him playing there" are the positions they already play. Your topic heading is positional changes that could work using the existing team but your take home is basically saying except for a minor few could play here but he only should play, center, wing, full back or front row.

Basically the only positional change you offered were Jake and Shu.
I like it,I'm not having a go just comenting that it's awfully similar to how Des sees the same thing. And though other comments are we are short this and that, it still is not within the brief of existing team.

Personally if Parker loses his center spot to the speedsters I'd like to see how he goes second row. Good defence and good lines. Not as worried as some about KOs.
Shu at 14 to save the burn out he went through and high work rate he had until he get fitter and can handle the long grind without dimming his flair, backed of his first season was struggling, he looked cooked, gotta keep the talent fresh.

Foran given a crack at 9 for attack but in 5/8 defence if Croker needs a break allowing shu to come on at 5/8 yes I know chop and change isn't good but you asked for options.

Jake at prop, Lawton could go lock if not shu

Harps has to fight it out with koula, Walker Parker weekes even when he's ripe.

Other positions with existing players pretty much the same.

Cheers Maxta didn't mean to offend you and if I did I appologise

Indeed feathered friend

We need to live up to our Centre of Excellence !
Is 2022 the "Year of the Flash" Bozo.
Koula is moving that quickly at training, he seems to be evading the spotlight....almost like a hapless defender clutching at thin air....I won't be surprised to see have an impact sooner rather than later.

Firstly lighten up buddy. Was just having a snarky dig hence the @:p
Secondly your first choice position as in "only" or "best" or "I would have him playing there" are the positions they already play. Your topic heading is positional changes that could work using the existing team but your take home is basically saying except for a minor few could play here but he only should play, center, wing, full back or front row.

Basically the only positional change you offered were Jake and Shu.
I like it,I'm not having a go just comenting that it's awfully similar to how Des sees the same thing. And though other comments are we are short this and that, it still is not within the brief of existing team.

Personally if Parker loses his center spot to the speedsters I'd like to see how he goes second row. Good defence and good lines. Not as worried as some about KOs.
Shu at 14 to save the burn out he went through and high work rate he had until he get fitter and can handle the long grind without dimming his flair, backed of his first season was struggling, he looked cooked, gotta keep the talent fresh.

Foran given a crack at 9 for attack but in 5/8 defence if Croker needs a break allowing shu to come on at 5/8 yes I know chop and change isn't good but you asked for options.

Jake at prop, Lawton could go lock if not shu

Harps has to fight it out with koula, Walker Parker weekes even when he's ripe.

Other positions with existing players pretty much the same.

Cheers Maxta didn't mean to offend you and if I did I appologise
Some good options mate....also a few youngsters that are ripe enough fruit for Des to pick, though Des very rarely makes many changes and truth be known....I feel he will stick with that same 17 from our finals in 2021 apart from the addition of Bullemor and I believe Lawton, who had a solid half season, will be the 18.
I do feel that some rookies, namely Koula will be almost forcing his way into the side and it's a good thing as Parker and Harper need to shape up....or they will be at Blacktown and struggle to get back in.
Lastly - we're all good mate....I'm pretty direct and a bit reactive....so accept my high 5 :hand: as I can't send a beer 🍺

Some good options mate....also a few youngsters that are ripe enough fruit for Des to pick, though Des very rarely makes many changes and truth be known....I feel he will stick with that same 17 from our finals in 2021 apart from the addition of Bullemor and I believe Lawton, who had a solid half season, will be the 18.
I do feel that some rookies, namely Koula will be almost forcing his way into the side and it's a good thing as Parker and Harper need to shape up....or they will be at Blacktown and struggle to get back in.
Lastly - we're all good mate....I'm pretty direct and a bit reactive....so accept my high 5 :hand: as I can't send a beer 🍺
Agree des will pick and stick, though hopefully last season gave the old dog at least a thought of new tricks. Incumbents get first crack but the younguns are nipping at their heels.
Good position to be in

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4