Manly poach young gun from Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thanks for that New Eagle, I was pleasantly surprised, most of the highlights of young players is only of their attacking prowess but your young fella can tackle too.

Looks like we’ve signed a good ‘un and he seems a well spoken kid, Joey’s will polish that up even more, as well as his footy.

Your wife and yourself should be very proud of Cayden. Welcome to the Flock.
Thanks mate and he is still just a hard country kid who likes to play hard footy. He enjoys getting a shot on to change a games momentum or lift his team and he can’t wait to pull on the manly colours

Hey guys Cayden is my son and looking forward to presenting himself to Manly in 2 weeks. Still plenty of development in him and is looking forward to working hard and matching up with other teams and knows a few players from prev rep football. He’s currently 192cm and 85kg so plenty of time to build his shape to hopefully be an asset in the future. Cheers
Welcome to Silvertails. We all look forward to your contributions. It would be interesting to know the logistical sacrifices your son and your family will face in training and playing for the mighty Manly. Hopefully it won't be too taxing.

Thanks mate and he is still just a hard country kid who likes to play hard footy. He enjoys getting a shot on to change a games momentum or lift his team and he can’t wait to pull on the manly colours
Looks the goods... can attack with speed & can break tackles, defend & also has a pass.
Hope he fulfills his potential

Welcome to Silvertails. We all look forward to your contributions. It would be interesting to know the logistical sacrifices your son and your family will face in training and playing for the mighty Manly. Hopefully it won't be too taxing.
Thanks mate and now is just the right time for him. He had scholarship options with St Gregs or Joeys and chose Joey due to its academic opportunities. They don’t know Cayden can play league or rugby as it’s never been a discussion so hill meet all his school obligations. He will train and play with the club whenever possible and the league doesn’t really overlap with the rugby. Crusher has offered for Cayden to stay whenever he is out of school with him and Kane so that will help having a few people for him to settle in with. This year will be about him settling into school and strength and conditioning to help build on his skills/shape. He is good in the gym and as a trainer so that will help.

Thanks mate and now is just the right time for him. He had scholarship options with St Gregs or Joeys and chose Joey due to its academic opportunities. They don’t know Cayden can play league or rugby as it’s never been a discussion so hill meet all his school obligations. He will train and play with the club whenever possible and the league doesn’t really overlap with the rugby. Crusher has offered for Cayden to stay whenever he is out of school with him and Kane so that will help having a few people for him to settle in with. This year will be about him settling into school and strength and conditioning to help build on his skills/shape. He is good in the gym and as a trainer so that will help.
Appreciate that it would probably be inappropriate for you to answer, but...
Doesn't stop me wondering why Cayden chose Eagles over Storm & Bunnies

A lot of the highlights were breaks made up the middle of the field,not a lot of stuff out wider(not a criticism),wondering where his future lies?Solid defender,maybe a fullback or edge back rower,lot of pace tho....good player to keep an eye on.

Appreciate that it would probably be inappropriate for you to answer, but...
Doesn't stop me wondering why Cayden chose Eagles over Storm & Bunnies
I don’t mind. Melbourne would train out of the Sunshine Coast at Bokarina. Dane Campbell his coach at Melbourne moved to Nth Qld to take on a head recruitment role and with Covid it wasn’t easy to get to QLD. He was offered the two school scholarships and Tigers dropped out after he didn’t choose St Greg’s and chose Joeys so Dane was friends and rang Joe O’Callaghan and said he’d be a good fit for them. Joe was great and offered 2 years but we had a lot of other interest from clubs tracking all year and wanted to hear from them on their pathway and devt for him. Eels were tracking for years with Anthony Field unfortunately leaving and we considered them strongly until he left, Roosters, Raiders, Bulldogs & Manly all had plans but Crusher was honest, responsive and clear on his pathway and Cayden bought into that. He liked Caydens aggressive running and assertive defence and can see he is a smart thinker for his age. Manly has blooded some good young talent and Caydens keen to grow with a strong young group to improve and test himself against. Most offers were 2-5 years but this works for us and Manly that he won’t have to change clubs while still at school, can settle into the club/culture and be ready to fire when that first year out happens and hopefully has done enough to warrant a contract extension. Hopefully it works well for everyone and the club gets value when he is ready to launch.

A lot of the highlights were breaks made up the middle of the field,not a lot of stuff out wider(not a criticism),wondering where his future lies?Solid defender,maybe a fullback or edge back rower,lot of pace tho....good player to keep an eye on.
He was instructed to run hard lines to get away from the junior (running around them) behaviours. I’d like him to try fullback at some stage and maybe back row later if he loses some pace. His acceleration into contact is his strength. He may not beat them the first four times but hopefully has put enough bumps onto them with hard running to break through the fifth time. He checks his assignment and opposites strengths and sets a game sheet and ranks his performance and compares it to others in his position to make sure he keeps improving

He was instructed to run hard lines to get away from the junior (running around them) behaviours. I’d like him to try fullback at some stage and maybe back row later if he loses some pace. His acceleration into contact is his strength. He may not beat them the first four times but hopefully has put enough bumps onto them with hard running to break through the fifth time. He checks his assignment and opposites strengths and sets a game sheet and ranks his performance and compares it to others in his position to make sure he keeps improving
Yeah,the assertive attitude and aggression in his play was eye catching from the highlights,sort of thought back row if he losses a step when naturally filling out.
You seem to be a good guy to have in his corner,hope he kicks on and welcome to the Sea Eagles(both of you)keep his head on straight(from his interview etc..seems to be a good kid and won't be an issue).
All the best and hope we all have a young star in the making on our hands....keep him away from rugby tho(lol)

Hey guys Cayden is my son and looking forward to presenting himself to Manly in 2 weeks. Still plenty of development in him and is looking forward to working hard and matching up with other teams and knows a few players from prev rep football. He’s currently 192cm and 85kg so plenty of time to build his shape to hopefully be an asset in the future. Cheers
sSig_welcome2.gif

@NewEagle
welcome-mat-isolated-on-white-260nw-1207802173.jpg

Yeah,the assertive attitude and aggression in his play was eye catching from the highlights,sort of thought back row if he losses a step when naturally filling out.
You seem to be a good guy to have in his corner,hope he kicks on and welcome to the Sea Eagles(both of you)keep his head on straight(from his interview etc..seems to be a good kid and won't be an issue).
All the best and hope we all have a young star in the making on our hands....keep him away from rugby tho(lol)
Thanks mate appreciate it and he still has three others coming through after him. 2 just finished best and fairest and are captains of their teams so they look up to him for leadership. He will work hard and hopefully that will get him there. Cheers

Thanks mate appreciate it and he still has three others coming through after him. 2 just finished best and fairest and are captains of their teams so they look up to him for leadership. He will work hard and hopefully that will get him there. Cheers
Looks like he has the athletic ability,if he has a matching work ethic he will get there,with an ounce of luck thrown in.

What! are you another Trbojevic family. Early days, but the thought of having another T family follow is unreal.
But let’s get to the important stuff Mr.C. Nickname/s for Cayden .Now already with my vast vocabulary and watching the cricket today, then watching the vid you posted, I was was calling out " nice one Cado!" There are some unpleasant nicknames for players on Silvertails. That’s why it’s imperative you let us know what he goes by now. As we can lock it in early.
The other important thing is at any stage, if Cayden, is struggling with his footy, forget all the junior development coaches, and senior coaches years of professional advice, and even Dessies. This forum knows all. You don’t even have to ask really , we’ll tell ya for free.
In all seriousness, great to have Cayden at Manly, and yourself on Silvertails. Really excited for you all, and the Manly faithful. Cheers Mr C. :);)

What! are you another Trbojevic family. Early days, but the thought of having another T family follow is unreal.
But let’s get to the important stuff Mr.C. Nickname/s for Cayden .Now already with my vast vocabulary and watching the cricket today, then watching the vid you posted, I was was calling out " nice one Cado!" There are some unpleasant nicknames for players on Silvertails. That’s why it’s imperative you let us know what he goes by now. As we can lock it in early.
The other important thing is at any stage, if Cayden, is struggling with his footy, forget all the junior development coaches, and senior coaches years of professional advice, and even Dessies. This forum knows all. You don’t even have to ask really , we’ll tell ya for free.
In all seriousness, great to have Cayden at Manly, and yourself on Silvertails. Really excited for you all, and the Manly faithful. Cheers Mr C. :);)
Ha ha simply no chance of any other option than Choppy mate as Des and Crusher are already calling him that! And if he doesn’t perform his brothers might nickname him ‘chippy’ as he will need to get on the tools for a genuine job then if he isn’t cutting it! he’s the eldest of four boys so he will set the framework for the other boys. A back rower, a 5/8 and a fullback so who knows! 13,12 & 10.
mill make sure I refer him to the forum when he is struggling for form for some encouragement or a kick up the ass. Always good to hear what others see in the kids development areas and he is at the gym now ripping in again. Cheers for the laugh!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4