Manly players out tonight with illness?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
I heard something on the radio that many manly players are sick and wont play tonight.

Does anyone else know more about this?

Courtesy LHQ:

"MANLY coach Des Hasler admitted his side was "doing it really tough" ahead of tonight's clash with South Sydney at Brookvale Oval.

Halfback Matt Orford, centre Steve Matai and back-rowers Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough are all suffering the effects of a virus, while Matai also has a back problem, placing him in further doubt.

Hasler will make a decision on the fitness of the players this morning, with Jack Afamasaga added to a now eight-man interchange.

Still, Brett Stewart, Steve Bell, Jamie Lyon and Brent Kite all emerged relatively unscathed from Origin II, while Steve Menzies has been cleared to make his long-awaited return from a groin injury"

MANLY coach Des Hasler admitted his side was "doing it really tough" ahead of tonight's clash with South Sydney at Brookvale Oval.

Halfback Matt Orford, centre Steve Matai and back-rowers Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough are all suffering the effects of a virus, while Matai also has a back problem, placing him in further doubt.

Hasler will make a decision on the fitness of the players this morning, with Jack Afamasaga added to a now eight-man interchange.

Still, Brett Stewart, Steve Bell, Jamie Lyon and Brent Kite all emerged relatively unscathed from Origin II, while Steve Menzies has been cleared to make his long-awaited return from a groin injury.

Souths fullback David Peachey has been granted compassionate leave following the death of an aunt. Peachey will return to Dubbo for the funeral and his place is likely to be taken by Reece Simmonds.

We may get to see a different style in Manlys play tonight. With Beavers inclusion and if Afamasaga gets a run there might well an increase in attacking flair from our back row.

Just hope if Afamasaga gets a run he has few errors and impresses enough to keep himself in the frame for a bench spot in future games.

Ah yes. Virtually cloudless here.

If Orford is out, the temptation is going to be there for Des to move Monas to half with Dunley in as hooker. :wall:

Guess we lack depth in the halves lately :doh: ;)

I noticed Brett Stewart had a big lump on his cheek after the game... If he is out.. i'd put hicks to fullback with Bani on the wing.

On the bright side.. if G. Stewart and A. Watmough are done... it's a good chance for Cuthbo to finally stand up and be counted and a good chance for Afamasaga to prove his worth.

I got on Manly 1 - 12 yesterday at $3.. I'm thinking it's going to be a tight one with Manly just getting home.

P.S. - If Ox is out it's Manly by 13+ What's our record with Mona's at 7???

Wouldn't it be a blast from the past to see Monaghan at 7 and Dunley at 9 tonight :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4