Manly player coming back from injury!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What's the thoughts ?
I see Suli jump straight onto the bench last week, maybe due to lack of troops atm, but seriously, Harper has been twice as dangerous in attack and far safer defensively and actually gets the ball to his winger occasionally...not a go at Suli - he can be a Beast, but his form pre injury was uninspiring to say the least.
I will add Sirro to this also, he was ordinary in 2020 in general and NO way would I like Guoc or Schu dropped instantly for him, based on form, energy and effort they have been great.
As for sitting on the bench in the 14 - 17 jersey, I also feel the bench of Keppie, Sipley, Aloiai/Marty, (Saddler to a lessor degree) have been great and we really need a utility as 4th reserve (Cust / Croker), with the Massive loss of Aloiai for several weeks and the loss of arguably our most energetic forward Davey early season, could allow Sirro early access.
Fact is, this young side is growing in belief and confidence and for these older players who were under performing, could easily comprimise the unity within a group by getting instant selection over players who have earned their stripes and excelled.....these youngsters are playing not only for themselves, but each other and seemingly for the first time in a long time, with pride in the Manly emlem.
I say the path back should be without question through Blacktown, this auto selection only gives a feel of self entitlement without working for it and in the process, destroys the headspace of the kids who have stepped up and more than held their own.
The only players who should step straight back into the top grade imo are Tom and Jake T, DCE, Marty, Aloiai, Foran and based on this season, personally would add Paseka and Schu to this elite list.
We need to set the bar high and show our Amazingly talented youngsters coming through, if they perform and get it done, they will hold their spot in the top grade....this will also inpire the next gen we have almost ready to make a debut the opportunity is real and not simply filling in a spot till the (experienced) players come back.

Last edited:
We had Suli, Walker and the ball-hog Sir Loin for the first four matches which resulted in a backline that was as insipid as the Dogs'. Since their injuries our backline is flying, just like the way a Manly team should play.
I see no reason why these three should not prove their worth through the Blacktown system before being considered for First Grade. I also hope Tyfuna gets some match time somewhere. He seems to miss out on playing because he's needed as a reserve for the First 17.

I’ve got Walker as possibly coming onto the bench in Suli’s spot. Can cover the entire back line if someone goes down and he adds some speed. I don’t see Parker getting dropped. He defends well and he does a lot of tough carries in yardage. Des loves him and you can tell the boys enjoy playing with him too.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2