Manly owned by the fans and community

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
I'm an Avid sports fan was reading an interesting article on Green Bay Packers well known brand , successful team and small demographic in location and fan base .Very similar situation to our great club Manly Seaeagles .It's the only non profit professional sports team in the USA,it's purely owned by fans each having a Max 4%ownership with shares for life not to sell, no interest to be made because they love their club and their team with an estimated worth of 2.6billion interesting reading tell me ur thoughts.The only rights u have is voting on decisions corporate fan days and exclusive merchandise,ticketing prices are capped due to interest sell outs every game shares are abled to be left to family members

Last edited:
I have nothing against the idea.
But who hires the decision makers and keeping power hungry political tyoes out can be difficult.

I'm an Avid sports fan was reading an interesting article on Green Bay Packers well known brand , successful team and small demographic in location and fan base .Very similar situation to our great club Manly Seaeagles .It's the only non profit professional sports team in the USA,it's purely owned by fans each having a Max 4%ownership with shares for life not to sell, no interest to be made because they love their club and their team with an estimated worth of 2.6billion interesting reading tell me ur thoughts.The only rights u have is voting on decisions corporate fan days and exclusive merchandise,ticketing prices are capped due to interest sell outs every game shares are abled to be left to family members
But who puts in when there is a financial loss? Might not happen in NFL but certainly does in NRL.

I along with all our other passionate club members proudly consider our selves share holders as All our financial club members become part of our club

The Major shareholder who takes what ever loses we have on the chin is our passionate Investor Mr Penn .

The Arabs have been know to offer Mr Penn Millions on dollars plus shares in the oil refinery to take over our legendary club but Mr Penn turned them down because passionate people do not put a price on their club

The moral of the story
The more we focus on the price of things . The more we lose the real value of life.
And the mighty Sea eagles are part of our life

Become a proud Investor of our legendary club today

20210110_081944.jpg

Love the idea, but just a fantasy.
The Green Bay Packers have 360,000 shareholders.
We struggle to get over 10,000 members.

Green Bay isn't a model that would work elsewhere. A better version is the Bundesliga 50% +1.

Never said it would work or for us just wanted to put idea out there to start conversation as an idea

Join the Footy Club and you become a shareholder in the MWSE. You will actually be a part owner in the one very critical preference share that controls who we are, where we play and what we wear.
Yes, this was already set up when Max Delmege originally bought the club, he set it up so that the Football Club could buy back the shares when members paid their dues every year. Would be interesting to know how much we woud need to kick in to buy it back for the football club.

Yes, this was already set up when Max Delmege originally bought the club, he set it up so that the Football Club could buy back the shares when members paid their dues every year. Would be interesting to know how much we woud need to kick in to buy it back for the football club.
I thought that Penn also buys more shares to keep the % the same.

I thought that Penn also buys more shares to keep the % the same.
I don't think so, I think it was originally set up with the ambitious idea that the Football Club would eventually buy back the ownership of the club once the football club got into a better financial position, which would mean that Penn is actually selling shares back to the club, not buying more. I could be wrong but that is my understanding of it.

I don't think so, I think it was originally set up with the ambitious idea that the Football Club would eventually buy back the ownership of the club once the football club got into a better financial position, which would mean that Penn is actually selling shares back to the club, not buying more. I could be wrong but that is my understanding of it.
Could have just been a rumour,. But I remember a conversation where apparently Penn figured out he could also sell himself more shares OR sell the FC new shares and not sell his shares, either way watering down the FC efforts to buy the club back.

Could have just been a rumour,. But I remember a conversation where apparently Penn figured out he could also sell himself more shares OR sell the FC new shares and not sell his shares, either way watering down the FC efforts to buy the club back.
Now that wouldn't surprise me.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6