Manly Night Football - Good bad and the completely painful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Ok,so manly night football was no good for us yet again

First to the negatives
Our forwards while trying hard as played the wrong strategy
Our man Jamie Lyon was well covered and completely shut down,2 or 3 marking him
Our bench made little to no impact and yes,Choc had his worse game of the season
Naysayers will be rubbishing our hopes of a premiership by now,i sometimes wonder if it makes them happy to rubbish our own team

Positives
We arent as F**KIN hopeless as we seemed on monday night,our intensity dropped when Gasniers drop was declared a try,Harrigan out,anyone got a cement truck for sale?

Choc will be kicking his own ass as will most of our forwards
Des will be working feverishly on a new gameplan,this man is a god when it comes to strategys
Stewart and Rodney are uninjured as are the rest of the team
King wont be watching any games in the forseeable future
Hodkinson will be leaving soon
Foran played more of a halfback role,noticing his halves partner thinks his a 5/8
his short kicking game,or cross field bomb was brilliant
Robertson back to fullback
Oldfield looked brilliant and made one mistake but come on,shocker of a bounce and how can he play at a ball he wasnt playing at? wtf?
Video ref harrigan has been dropped,goodbye asshole

Conclusion

What i took from monday nights game
Basically,a ****house call went against us (Ala 2007 GF,that no penalty for attempted murder) and our intensity dropped off completely,from that point on we looked like shot ducks,attack was bland and predictable and the players just went through the motions and the scoreboard kept ticking over

We have less than a week to prepare but that video review session will have ALOT of rockets fired from Des to alot of the players and they wont want a repeat of that,I expect us to absolutely slaughter the warriors,knowing we've played possibly the ****test game of the season by any team against saints our team will be dying to get out onto that field after a aweful week made worse by our coach who will strip paint off the walls and they will want to make him proud,The warriors are really in for the asspounding of a lifetime

Manly by 13+ final score 46-6
Even you doomsayers have got to see the logic in this post,your power in the force must sense alot of tension and anger out at narrabeen,i almost feel sorry for the warriors but i cant wait to see them get pasted,they wont just be beaten,they will be completely embarrased and exposed as finals pretenders

Not sure about your logic . . .
The team played far worse against Newcastle than they did against Illawarra, as well as against several other sides - The Titans (first time) comes to mind.
But importantly, what new game plan can Des have when he picks the same team every week?
Do you think players such as Hodkinson, T-Rex and Bailey suddenly gain new skills?
An injection of young new players could help. Look how well Oldfield performed.
I think we'll beat the Warriors, but I'm worried about future success with this same 17.

We played a lot worse this season than that effort on Monday night, that's for sure. Canberra and Newcastle games being the most recent examples. 

Once Gasniers try was given by that cheat,the game was over,they went through the motions and never looked in the contest

Shane link said:
Once Gasniers try was given by that cheat,the game was over,they went through the motions and never looked in the contest

I don't think that's true. The try made it 10-0. Manly scored the next points and played some of their more constructive footy after that decision.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4