Manly memorabilia puts Penn control to the sword

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"former media manager Peters unwittingly relinquished his family's majority control"

I'm sorry but I do find this quite hilarious.

I think it will be goodbye Penn! With him not having any majority, nor spokesman he has run out of gas. I know Quantun are loaded but hear URM is even more so. Phil Sidney from Quantum sounds like he's the new boss. Interesting times ahead.

Was does this mean for the fans?
Don't know.

I likened t to a game of chess but now I think it's more like 'Snakes and Ladders."

Whatever the outcome of this game I think the fans should be more concerned with the game ON the field. We can watch that in the park AND read about factual plays in the media.

As egos collide there are always issues in boardrooms however it's unfortunate that ours is always played out in the media

Is no one concerned that the group who decides where we play and our team colours etc are trying to gain so much control?

I gotta say it all sounds really petty.

I am football club member and support the board fully and know they have the clubs best interest at heart.

My concern is what happens if they club loses 1 million dollars one year where are the football club going to come up with their share of the shortfall that scares me.

What we do need is for zorba to stop blabbing to dumb and dumber at the telegraph and whoever it is on the other side to stop blabbing to Proszenko at the SMH. Keep it behind close doors lads it making you look like schoolgirls.

Phantar said:
What a hoot!

Got any more Manly memorabilia, you wish to sell off, Peter?

Mate it could have been a used bus ticket donated by me and they would have got the required funds from quantum. Zorba had nothing to do with it.

Of equal concern Dan is why does one person ( group) want total control and if they get it what will they do with it??? As Cam says at least we know that one section of people have their hearts in the right place.

I get the feeling that Penn will pull out by the end of the year. Qantam and URM have both expressed their interest in buying out Penns share.

This boardroom feud is ridiculous,.

Another thing I am no fan of peters I think he's caused more than his fair share of issues for the club in all this but I have to say people bagging him and saying he's dropped the ball is really poor form.
In a delicious twist in the battle of control for the premiers, former media manager Peters unwittingly relinquished his family's majority control of the clubs when he donated two memorabilia items, match programs for the 1972 and 1973 grand finals, for fundraising.
How can you bag someone for donating something like that when he could of sold it for folding for himself.

I actually think the article is pretty poor form in the way it try's to look like Peters has stuffed up. But then again he probably deserves it because of the **** his mates dumb and dumber at the telegraph have put on Dave Perry since he punted peters

Mark from Brisbane said:
Of equal concern Dan is why does one person ( group) want total control and if they get it what will they do with it??? As Cam says at least we know that one section of people have their hearts in the right place.
It doesn't really sound like the penns want control it just sounds like they want fair distribution of power. It sounds like the grab for control is coming from the FC, the penns didn't have to give up that sale of ownership.

To me it sounds like all the bleating and battle comes from one side read back through all the articles and you will see that everything is anti Penn. hardly something that would come from the Penn side. I would suggest the "leak" and the issues are coming from elsewhere. That is as plain to see as the sun in the sky.

I will say that someone is a fairly good strategist, and have managed one hell of a spin campaign it just seems an odd game to play especially with other peoples money.
I am just glad that this isnt a business that depends more on clients because this activity would have wound up the organisation a long time ago.

That's a purely business minded observation. I would suggest that "someone's heart is in the right place" is two things
1) not entirely true given all the spin doctoring
2) a bad way to do business.

I can tell you the second as this is why I don't run a business, I am more concerned about doing the right thing by people rather than doing the best thing for the business.

If their hearts and heads were in the right place the board would all sit down and put together to make a plan to make things functional even if that means a few people have to step aside to make that happen. The problem is that men are fallible and egos get in the way.

I can't help but think much of this is a rude because from what I can see the business is somewhat healthy, and this shouldn't happen if it was truly so poorly managed as the papers and rumour mongers of the site would have us believe. I will however be viewing this years annual report with interest if and when I get my hands on it because the truth or at least some version of it will be fairly obvious within it

Mark from Brisbane said:
I guess when you've put millions in you expect a say in things. I don't subscribe to the believe Scott penn is evil and wants to move the club.

We all need to be balanced and remember Scott has stepped in twice to save the leagues club. Who knows with new management in place they may be able to start providing grants to the nrl club sometime down the track.

I really don't care if the 3 owners don't get on they don't need to as long as they are focused on giving the GM and Coach the resources required for manly to remain successful on field.

Cam you will motive all this spin doctoring doesn't come from the pemn camp. All the evils we are being lead to believe is coming clearly from another camp

It is a very divisive situation, and from the fans as well, everyone has different opinions as to who is good and who is bad and that just depends on which side of the spin you believe. Not much has changed for a while now and I expect for the near future either.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6