Manly Media improving - a bit ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I have often felt we are SOOO far behind other NRL clubs with updates and what the heck is going on in general regarding to the Manly footy club and the players also....not even knowing who is injured ect and almost a cloud of secrecy in what was going on behind the scenes and this is part of what causes internal debates and external debates with supporters with contrasting idea's due to a lack of clarity....I think as an example the "pride jersey" situation was handled well by both Seibold and Mestrov recently which in turn, helps ppl move on and stops media bashing, as didn't run or hide and gave distict believable answers so the vultures could not fly away with more negative Manly press....that's how to move forward and they are doing it super well atm imo (early days)....but impressive start.
I think that Mestrov is really trying to address the communication with supporters and Seibold seems to be active also.
Noticed a few extra's recently, with a bit more interviews and even a segment that had Mestrov, Seibold and Turbo in relation to him heading to the USA for his hammy stuff.
I doubt Manly or Des in the past would have allowed that type of insight and feel it's a step in the right direction.
Would have more likely just been a story on "The Mole" or 360 live to let us know a cryptic Tom rushed to America story and turned it into a sideshow !!
Have noticed already with training segments and in general that bit more transparency and hope it continues.....it's the way of the times and a thumbs up that keeps Manly fans more up to date, which has been a big letdown in the past.
I do hope there the Official Manly site pages also manage this, as in recent seasons have had players who had already left 2 seasons ago and stories were often 2 weeks late.
Maybe being far too optimistic but keep your eyes out and see if you feel this area has already gone to a noticably better place.

I Believe we have the Best club Media Man in the NRL in the Passionate and hard working Wayne Cousins who is doing a fantastic job through out the season including the festive season that most people are on a break Wayne has not stopped producing Inspirational and Informative stories that we all share on this forum .

The Very Noble Humle and Passionate Wayne Cousins is an Asset to our Legendary club
We need more Passionate Manly People like Cuzzo at our club

A Manly photo from a recent Manly Media Inspirational article
Thanks Cuzzo Keep up the Great Work !!!
1672626132852.png

Yes, the media/marketing communications have definitely improved. I am not on social media, nor am I interested in other clubs so I've no idea how proactive we are in comparison, but I'm happy the way information is now reaching me via email.

A lot of this will be the change in coaches , Des was “ Mr Secret Squirrel “ , couldn’t give a **** about the media and little time for fans.
You no what Mark - agree 100%.
Des with so many secret system's and many that worked for many good years, before becoming outdated.
1 of them was keeping Manly players out of the press and all was hidden away, yet this can create pressure and a powder keg effect even for the fans and certainly a at times, can actually create more drama as media and fans begin to fill in the blanks of why all is so cryptic ?
Fact is, fans love to see what's going on with the club they support and gives a strong feel of connection which professional sport thrives on.

I would still like to see a 2hr doco released on say Monday of the first round back of each individual’s pre season journey to make the top squad..the coaches thoughts…up and coming junior stars..development players..a good look around the new centre of excellence and pre season team training and maybe a word or 2 from penn..is that really to much to ask lol

Simple answer is yes ... big improvement in attitude from the top ... Mestrov and Seibs ...
Mestrov is a pro. To turn around Greyhound racing the way he did should not be underestimated.

We don't know how our on-field performance will turn out. But either way, the considerable off field improvements have to help.

I appreciate the Des exit was incredibly messy. But that probably had a lot to do with Des himself.

There has definitely been an improvement from the club in their interaction with members/fans over the last few months and I suspect that has a lot to do with Des’ exit.But the real advancement has come from the actual media.A lot more positive stories about the club since the coaching regime change and that is specifically due their connection to the journos.Rothfield even tipped Manly to finish fifth,which I surmise is due to his relationship with Flanagan

I would still like to see a 2hr doco released on say Monday of the first round back of each individual’s pre season journey to make the top squad..the coaches thoughts…up and coming junior stars..development players..a good look around the new centre of excellence and pre season team training and maybe a word or 2 from penn..is that really to much to ask lol
Yep. Waaay too much to ask. Big $, massive amount of time.

I let Penn know about the improvement on my weekly Penn/Mestrov/Seibs/ge conference call.

But you all probably did the same on yours.

'noot noot'
Hey @globaleagle - Hat and I were just reading this and Hat piped up and said it's all his doing after our lunch date with Mr Penn in New York recently. Hard to argue with Hat, right?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4