Manly made Arthur better NRL coach: Mannah

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Captain Tim Mannah says Parramatta's decision not to sign Brad Arthur as head coach last season could prove to be one of the Eels' best moves.

Former Eels assistant and caretaker coach Arthur lost out to Ricky Stuart for the job in 2013 and got to fine tune his craft as an assistant to Geoff Toovey with perennial finalists Manly while Parramatta endured another season of wooden spoon misery.

Read More

Captain Tim Mannah says Parramatta's decision not to sign Brad Arthur as head coach last season could prove to be one of the Eels' best moves.

Former Eels assistant and caretaker coach Arthur lost
Manly+Sea+Eagles+Training+Session+zhpoSG8axvIs1.jpg
out to Ricky Stuart for the job in 2013 and got to fine tune his craft as an assistant to Geoff Toovey with perennial finalists Manly while Parramatta endured another season of wooden spoon misery.

When Stuart left for Canberra ahead of the 2014 season, the door again opened for Arthur at the Eels and this time the club pounced and Mannah says he's returned a far more complete coach, ready to push Parramatta back up the NRL ladder.

"Brad has come back from Manly a new man ... going there has probably been the best thing for him," Mannah said.

"We had him here before he went, he had a great work ethic, he had everything he needed to be a great coach but I think spending a year with a team like Manly, it has made him a more complete and balanced coach and he now really ticks all the boxes.

"I can see the growth and development he has got from going there and Parramatta is better off for it."

Arthur was part of the Manly set up that reached last year's grand final, losing to the Sydney Roosters, he previously enjoyed grand final success with Melbourne as an assistant to Craig Bellamy in 2009.

Mannah believes those experiences with such successful clubs, coupled with his time at the Eels under coach Stephen Kearney in 2011 and 2012 and later as a caretaker coach after the Kiwi mentor was sacked, have given Arthur the right tools to succeed as a first grade coach.

"He came from Melbourne where he spent a number of years and they obviously had a lot of success and he knew one way of doing things," Mannah said.

"Then to go to Manly and see a different club that is also very successful and to see the way they do things gives a bit of balance to see that you can do things differently and still get the same result.

"It has helped him become a better coach and it has helped us become a better team as well."

James MacSmith
AAP

http://www.nrl.com/manly-made-arthur-better-nrl-coach-mannah/tabid/10874/newsid/76114/default.aspx

Quote: "Arthur has came back from Manly a new man..."

Don't tell me the coaches are on the calves blood too!

The Who said:
Quote: "Arthur has came back from Manly a new man..."

Don't tell me the coaches are on the calves blood too!
It not calves blood it's really 2V's blood that they inject

How good is Mannah. Here is a guy playing for a rival NRL side and he has the guts to say it how it is regardless of any comebacks that may go to him. Great work and you are correct Tim, Manly make everyone better even coaches as Des now reaps the benefits. Come to the sea eagles when you feel like winning a premiership, you are welcome in my books.

Tim is a classy person and an honest worker in a previously unmotivated side :angel:

I hope Parra does resurrect, they are our heritage foes after all :)

It is almost a fair trade considering the amount of players they have provided to us over the years...

The Eels should improve quite a bit this year. The difference in coaches, from Uncle Arthur to Brad Arthur should be evident immediately. I can't wait to take all the credit (on behalf of Manly) for their improvement. My mate the Eels supporter can't win again this year. lol

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6