Manly Look Set To Stay At Brookvale Oval With $10m State Government Upgrade Grant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
bones said:
Ralphie said:
Yes, it's $20 million all together. The project will cost $25 million with the remaining $5 million to come from private investors.

Gee you lot are hard to please. Abbott has fulfilled his pledge and Baird is about to do the same. FFS be happy, the deal is done, we will be at Brookie forever now.

Norths fans were happy when their deal was done to build a stadium on the central coast too. Their future was secure lol.

Yeah Souths new training facilities were locked in last year too

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/ambitious-plans-for-brookvale-oval-revitalisation/story-fngr8hax-1226692282690

Mals said:
$5m from Warringah Council? Is that remotely possible!?!?
When the Council was in administration about six or seven years ago,there was a grant of $4 million from the administrator , and also a grant of $6 million from the then premier Morris Iemma, I imagine a lot of it was used for the Jane Try extension and I think the change rooms were refurbished as well

I'll curb my enthusiasm until the club makes an official announcement.
Why would we believe what's written in the Daily Terror - especially by Bulldog Richie?
I know club officials have been working on this deal for a long time, so they deserve congratulations.
While much crap is written about the standard of our beloved Brookie (added to by Todd-the-tool) rarely do they compliment it for being the BEST ground for fans to view the action. Isn't that the most important aspect of attending any sport?
Both Canberra and the Titans have excellent stadia, but what has it brought these clubs? Poor crowds and even poorer results.
Brookie is so much more than comfy seats and lavish loos.

Doesn't the nrl want all stadiums with some minimum of number of seats?

I thought it was 25k?

If the renovations do go ahead could the nrl say too bad can't play there anyway?

Still kinda sucks we don't get any home finals at the fortress.

Yeah, this doesn't sound that great.
Sounds like they're going to ruin the place and still not meet the criteria.

THe hill must remain pn the Western side. They can fill the resto of it with 6 storeys of corporate facilities for all I care after that.

If it does go ahead like this it will make the morons who go on about stadium seats look even more stupid. Why does Brookvale need another empty grandstand reducing capaity while everybody crams in on an ever reducing hill?
We're packed in like sardines in a 12k crowd these days while the Arko stand is empty, the FM stand is half empty and the new end of the JT stand is empty. It stupid.

KaZa said:
That can be raised by the club. Someone can go around the games with a chip in for brookie plate.

In all seriousness. Does anyone know what the plan is? I remember ages ago there was a grand stand built sort of behind the hill with the hill remaining? This would INCREASE gates and add class to it. The report from DR (even though hes a plodder) says that it will be on the hill with grass in between. That's silly as we will lose the capacity.

I hope its as per the original plans as they looked good.

These are the ones I found but it says 50 million plans. I am sure I saw other ones from the Council website someone posted on here that were for a 25 million upgrade.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/m-plan-to-revamp-brookvale-oval/story-e6frexnr-1226155236514

I do not believe private enterprise can put money towards the stadium as it is a council run facility. It is one of the reasons that the trust idea is being pushed (open up sponsorship etc)

Duff said:
Yeah, this doesn't sound that great.
Sounds like they're going to ruin the place and still not meet the criteria.

THe hill must remain pn the Western side. They can fill the resto of it with 6 storeys of corporate facilities for all I care after that.

If it does go ahead like this it will make the morons who go on about stadium seats look even more stupid. Why does Brookvale need another empty grandstand reducing capaity while everybody crams in on an ever reducing hill?
We're packed in like sardines in a 12k crowd these days while the Arko stand is empty, the FM stand is half empty and the new end of the JT stand is empty. It stupid.

Yeah I am worried by the wording

this is the last idea i can remember, http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/ambitious-plans-for-brookvale-oval-revitalisation/story-fngr8hax-1226692282690

it doesnt look good and the area next to the stands will have their view blocked so more lost area.

This is my favoured compromise

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/oceania/australia/new_south_wales/manly_brookvale.shtml

Yep, something along the idea of the second one would be ok Fluufy.

We need more corporates but we really don't need seats. There's no interest in the ones already there.

Duff said:
Yep, something along the idea of the second one would be ok Fluufy.

We need more corporates but we really don't need seats. There's no interest in the ones already there.

The FM and KA Stands are already overpriced. $58 for a seat in the KA stand. Might aswell make that a corporate facility, same with the FM Stand

Ralphie said:
Yes, it's $20 million all together. The project will cost $25 million with the remaining $5 million to come from private investors.

Gee you lot are hard to please. Abbott has fulfilled his pledge and Baird is about to do the same. FFS be happy, the deal is done, we will be at Brookie forever now.

Private investors? What about Warringah council?

It is their ground

tookey said:
Ralphie said:

Private investors? What about Warringah council?

It is their ground

Maybe the N R L and its future fund. They are stockpiling money from the media deals.

I don't care where the money comes from. Just happy to be getting it and we don't have to leave the Fortress.

dowdz said:
I don't care where the money comes from. Just happy to be getting it and we don't have to leave the Fortress.
Except during September and October of course!:D

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6