Manly Leagues Club support

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With the club's AGM coming up next week, their financial statement is now available on their website.

They claim a massive turnaround to achieve an $80K profit from a loss of over $1 mill the previous year. Analysis would indicate a lot of paper shuffling, however whatever!

What is mainly sad is that they only contributed $6763 to what appears to be the Manly Junior League (down from $43K last year). Considering that they aren't making any money you can't expect more, but what is the point in having a League's Club if they can't propogate the sport as they were originally were incorporated to do (and did for many years, especially during our first run of premierships).

Compare this to what Penrith and other Western Sydney clubs are achieving, whilst we run on the smell of a Penn's oilrag.

With the club's AGM coming up next week, their financial statement is now available on their website.

They claim a massive turnaround to achieve an $80K profit from a loss of over $1 mill the previous year. Analysis would indicate a lot of paper shuffling, however whatever!

What is mainly sad is that they only contributed $6763 to what appears to be the Manly Junior League (down from $43K last year). Considering that they aren't making any money you can't expect more, but what is the point in having a League's Club if they can't propogate the sport as they were originally were incorporated to do (and did for many years, especially during our first run of premierships).

Compare this to what Penrith and other Western Sydney clubs are achieving, whilst we run on the smell of a Penn's oilrag.
Yeah Penrith are the benchmark in rorts. We need a Stuart Ayres $30 million batch of free money.

and to spend another sport grant in retirement apartments (called the “Royce” lol) instead of on the sports facilities they applied for.

Look at it this way, our team is not heavily reliant on LC money, a great advantage in the era of COVID-19, when other clubs are so heavily reliant on the pokies to stay afloat.

The league club is basically a facility that houses a gym and pool and play centre and high altitude training and probably a long way down the list is a viable club (especially with DY riss 2k's north and Diggers a couple east)

Lets put things in perspective here feathered friend

It is Penns oil rag that is keeping our club viable

Because most of the Manly so called fans like you and I are not contributing by becoming club members like other club fans do

Us Manly fans are known to whinge and make excuses rather than take the initiative and make the effort to make a difference
Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 556
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836

Because most of the Manly so called fans like you and I are not contributing by becoming club members like other club fans do

Us Manly fans are known to whinge and make excuses rather than take the initiative and make the effort to make a difference
Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 556
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836
well said, so join up you bunch of whingers!
even the warriors are getting a boost in membership numbers from people who can see that their club needs members now more than ever.

before anyone asks, yes i am a member

well said, so join up you bunch of whingers!
even the warriors are getting a boost in membership numbers from people who can see that their club needs members now more than ever.

before anyone asks, yes i am a member
Congratulations @castle eagle for making an effort to make a difference to our Great club by being a proud and passionate Manly Sea eagle club member

The most Important people at the Manly Sea eagles club are the people that want to be here

The passionate players

The passionate coaching staff

The passionate sponsors

The passionate club members

How passionate are you for your great club The Manly Sea eagles ?

There is a club membership pack available to suit every ones budget

Get the Manly passion into you

Our club membership team is waiting for your call 02 99703000.
taupaum-190330_gt_84.jpg

The Manly Leagues Club has too much competition from bigger, better clubs. On the peninsular there is: The Pittwater RSL, DY RSL, Harboard Diggers, Balgowlah RSL and from boutique venues such as the Collaroy Club, The Newport plus numerous large pubs and a host of surf clubs, golf clubs and bowling clubs. I doubt there is another region with such a plethora of similar gathering places.
When you look at the facilities at the mega-successful clubs, such as the Diggers and the DY RSL, then I can't see a future for the Manly Leagues Club unless they invest $100-M or so in a complete rebuild, and change the business model to include apartments on upper levels as the two mega-clubs have done.

Sorry if this has been written, but I wonder when the Lease is up, and I also wonder what options are in the Lease?

Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509
Tigers 16, 235
Dragons 15, 035
Dogs 15, 170
Roosters 14, 361
Warriors 12, 673
MANLY SEA EAGLES 12, 556
Sharks 9, 768
Titans 7,836
I agree with all that is said, however another 15000 members will only contribute enough for one, maybe two experienced players.

I can only thank Penn's oil rag (previously owned by Max Delmege) otherwise we wouldn't even be following the Northern Eagles.

It is just unfortunate that we no longer have a viable League's Club to even show some support to our MWJRL teams.

I agree with all that is said, however another 15000 members will only contribute enough for one, maybe two experienced players.

I can only thank Penn's oil rag (previously owned by Max Delmege) otherwise we wouldn't even be following the Northern Eagles.

It is just unfortunate that we no longer have a viable League's Club to even show some support to our MWJRL teams.
Good day John
I am glad that you have shown the grace to be grateful and thankful to Mr Penns contribution to our Great club .

Your prediction of only 15000 Manly club members is only a small drop in the Northern Beaches as compared to how many closet fans we have that are filled with great joy and happiness when our team wins but are not willing to give anything back to their great club by becoming club members just like most of the other NRL clubs on the NRL Club membership ladder ladder below

We no longer have a viable leagues club but we do have great Manly people that can make a difference like sponsors and the Manly fans who are the heart and soul of our club

This NRL Club membership Ladder John represents me and you the Manly fans and it is not only unfortunate that us Manly fans have not shown to have any heart for our Great club it is also very disheartening indeed !

But we can all take a good look at our selves in the mirror and face and re discover our integrity and become the Great Manly people that we can be and proudly show our greatness by contributing and becoming club members of our Great club the Manly Sea eagles and start making a difference

We only make a difference when we make an effort and not when we start whinging

THIS IS THE NRL LADDER OF CLUB LOYALTY

HOW LOYAL ARE YOU FOR YOUR GREAT CLUB THE MANLY SEA EAGLES ?

DONT JUST TELL US HOW LOYAL YOU ARE

SHOW US TODAY !

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY GREAT MANLY FAN
RING AND FIND OUT WHICH MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IS BEST FOR YOU
Rabitts ,28,413
Broncos 27,463
Eels 26, 809
Storm 21, 650
Raiders 18, 388
Panthers 18, 906
Knights 18, 139
Cowboys 16, 509