Manly join the race for Mead

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually watched back the PNG game and saw some of the things he did which were actually very smart and he is still pretty quick and his most recent injury is an impact injury so it won't afftect his speed I understand it's not ligament damage
so one game changed your mind?

Mead has publicly stated himself that he is not as quick as he used to be;

“I don’t think I’m as quick as when I first started first grade, but I’m hoping my effectiveness in runs will improve.” (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/19d797e73fa7d04b473ebe8988b95aeb)

and here is footage of him being run down;
https://www.facebook.com/6878248073/posts/10152924315578074/
He looks like he is running on the spot in the last 20m.

It might seem like I am going all out to make a point here, but it's more a case of being sick of these St George Illawarra type signings that are starting to creep into Manly. Our prospects for next season are David Mead and Blake Green. The Manly I know go after the cream of the crop not the dregs.

“I don’t think I’m as quick as when I first started first grade, but I’m hoping my effectiveness in runs will improve.” (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...d/news-story/19d797e73fa7d04b473ebe8988b95aeb)

Unfortunately he is our best option for 2017.

Another year of Jorge watching his player when there is a ball in the air to the winger he has to catch, oh please no.

Those bullocking runs of his at say centre. He'd take time to get used to the defence. But dam you would think he would be a handful in attack, straight away.

With the year a write off, the coach might as well try a few odd things and start planning and building for next year.

Turn this year's negative into next years positive.

QUOTE]
That checkered run vs the Warriors was 120mtrs at least from the time he took the bomb in goal v Lolos 50mtr sprint, it's not surprising he was walking at the end.

He's def lost speed but he's still quicker than most, his attitude is his best asset, such a good competitor

Our best option is to re-sign Taufua (great dummy half runs) and snare a young talent like Brenko Lee who is young, big, fast, and strong.
No **** me that is not the best option. Our best option is Tupou is the Rorters want to ditch him. Watch his try last night. I'd say that would have be Jorge he jumped over if they were playing us but Jorge would have been nowhere near it.

No **** me that is not the best option. Our best option is Tupou is the Rorters want to ditch him. Watch his try last night. I'd say that would have be Jorge he jumped over if they were playing us but Jorge would have been nowhere near it.
100% agree

The backline means nought unless we have a dominant forward pack and a cohesive and willing team, of which we appear to have neither.

Did you see the try he bombed?? He was an abomination after that for the rest of the game!! The dogs scored while he was standing there pointing at the bloke next to him to make the tackle. I can see why the rorters don't want him.

Did you see the try he bombed?? He was an abomination after that for the rest of the game!! The dogs scored while he was standing there pointing at the bloke next to him to make the tackle. I can see why the rorters don't want him.
I didn't want to watch more than I needed too

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
From The Courier Mail

MANLY has emerged as the most likely new home for Titans winger David Mead.

Mead is yet to receive a formal offer from the Titans who are playing hardball with most contract negotiations.

Mead has played 140 NRL games for the Titans, mostly on the wing, but is hoping to become a fulltime fullback.

If he stays at the Titans he will have to accept a decent pay cut, as coach Neil Henry isn’t keen to splash cash on wingers like previous management did.

Manly’s recruitment chief Bob Fulton has held discussions with Mead’s management about luring the PNG captain to Brookvale Oval.

Former Titans coach John Cartwright is also at the Sea Eagles as an assistant to Trent Barrett.

Mead is keen to stay on the Gold Coast, however he hasn’t felt much love from the Titans who have allowed him to source other offers before they make a final decision.

With current wingers Anthony Don and Nene Macdonald on cut-price deals, it’s going to be hard to see Mead stay unless he is willing to accept a big hit to his hip pocket.

His Titan team mate Hoffman could be an interesting signing, quite good and versatile. Could fill the Hiku role, provided he doesn't want too much coin. Which he probably does.

From The Courier Mail

MANLY has emerged as the most likely new home for Titans winger David Mead.

Mead is yet to receive a formal offer from the Titans who are playing hardball with most contract negotiations.

Mead has played 140 NRL games for the Titans, mostly on the wing, but is hoping to become a fulltime fullback.

If he stays at the Titans he will have to accept a decent pay cut, as coach Neil Henry isn’t keen to splash cash on wingers like previous management did.

Manly’s recruitment chief Bob Fulton has held discussions with Mead’s management about luring the PNG captain to Brookvale Oval.

Former Titans coach John Cartwright is also at the Sea Eagles as an assistant to Trent Barrett.

Mead is keen to stay on the Gold Coast, however he hasn’t felt much love from the Titans who have allowed him to source other offers before they make a final decision.

With current wingers Anthony Don and Nene Macdonald on cut-price deals, it’s going to be hard to see Mead stay unless he is willing to accept a big hit to his hip pocket.
Really pleased that we are going for consistent performers for good prices it's solid recruitment plan that will give us great quality results. Mead isn't amazing, but he does all he is asked for and he is safe under the highball, not super fast but he is above average speed for most wingers and will be a great buy. Can break a tackle too

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6