Manly issued breach notice from NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a f**kwit. His first decision as CEO is to try and **** us over. What a surprise, just carrying on from his dogscum days. Over to you Manly it's seige time.

The fans are already showing how they feel.

Attendances and ratings are down. That is never a good sign.

The new commission has done sweet FA. Someone please tell me something positive they have done.

This will be very easy to fight. At no stage did Tooves question the refs integrity. On the Lima incident his comments were no diffferent to Maquires on Fa'aoso so why wasn't that prick fined. Lodge the objections and then simply refuse to pay up when they get dismissed as is predictable.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
A lawyer would have to cost less than $10k to fight this. It would even be worth paying a solicitor $20k for the sheer satisfaction of showing the nrl they are a bunch of fwits

Eagles2nv said:
The fans are already showing how they feel.

Attendances and ratings are down. That is never a good sign.

The new commission has done sweet FA. Someone please tell me something positive they have done.

Looking at the crowd at tonight's game is plain embarrassing . There would be 5,000 at best . Ah we'll at least the NRL have their priorities sorted .

The whole thing just beggars belief. Anderson saying the officials did a good job is just an insult to the intelligence of anyone who watched Friday night's game.
I hope Manly do fight it and back Tooves.

Manly to review referee's report before deciding on Toovey's $10,000 fine
Date
August 19, 2013 - 8:24PM
Adrian Proszenko

Manly boss David Perry says the club will await the referee's report before deciding whether to contest a $10,000 fine for Geoff Toovey's explosive post-match comments.

Sea Eagles officials are privately fuming they have been slugged with a breach notice when South Sydney forward Jeff Lima received only a one-week suspension for his ''suspicious'' leg twist on Anthony Watmough, after their controversial Friday night encounter at Gosford.

Toovey was livid with several decisions that went against his team, most notably a no-try ruling against centre Steve Matai and a first-half penalty count of 6-2 against his side. He vented after the match and stood by those comments the next day.

The Sea Eagles have five days to respond to the breach notice and will use that time to study the referee's report, a weekly debrief on the contentious rulings from the game.

Asked if the club will contest the fine, Perry said: ''We'll look at it very closely. I'll wait for the referee's report … We'll wait for all the information - we haven't received the breach notice as yet … and then consider the facts before we determine how we'll proceed.''

The Rabbitohs took the early guilty plea after Lima was charged with a grade-two dangerous contact for applying unnecessary leg pressure on Watmough in the ninth minute of their come-from-behind victory. It was Watmough's first match back from a knee injury, prompting Toovey to label the tackle as ''suspicious''. Lima will miss one match, Souths' Friday night encounter with Canterbury.

Watmough remains in doubt for Sunday's clash with the Raiders.

Toovey claimed on Sunday he didn't question the integrity of the match officials but was slugged nonetheless. According to guidelines, coaches are also prohibited from making excessive or unjustified criticisms of the adjudicators. Excessive criticism is deemed as moving beyond identifying perceived errors and making an emotional attack on match officials.

''I accept that emotion is a big part of our game but that is not an excuse for unwarranted attacks on match officials,'' said the NRL's head of football, Todd Greenberg. ''There needs to be a balance between coaches expressing their opinions and their emotions, and showing respect for the game and the match officials in that process.''

Toovey was adamant the Matai ruling was the turning point in the match.

But referees performance manager Daniel Anderson said: ''The officials followed the proper procedures in the video-review process and arrived at the correct decision. The referee on the field ruled the player grounded the ball short and was then held up, and there was insufficient video evidence to warrant overruling that decision.''

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manly-to-review-referees-report-before-deciding-on-tooveys-10000-fine-20130819-2s70k.html

Wonderful to see that Anderson has been indoctrinated into the Greenprick speak . F***en arse licker

Will Greenturd ever make the same judgement on Des Hasler or whoever is the coach of Canterbury when they go off the rails about the inept referees? I doubt it. If it looks like a dog and barks like a dog....

Greenturds and Daniel Anderson's comments show just how much the NRL is in denial about the state of their referees. Why is it ok for the NRL to launch attacks on clubs and players, yet its a big no-no if the situation is in reverse?

Toovey should bring the boys together and create the siege mentality.

The NRL doesn't want Manly to win. They're not "the pride of the league". They've won too many times. They're not part of the "propped up" selected few.

It's time for Manly to stick it up the lot of them.

Radio king Alan Jones has thrown his support behind Geoff Toovey
JON GEDDES MANLY DAILY AUGUST 19, 2013 4:53PM

RADIO king and former coach Alan Jones has launched a passionate defence of Geoff Toovey's comments after Friday's loss to South Sydney.

After the game Toovey said there had to be an investigation into how it was handled.

"And they have to be accountable for the penalty count - it ended up 10-5 and there were a couple of even-ups at the end of the game," he said.

Jones said the Sea Eagles coach was speaking up for the club's supporters and his players after the 22-10 loss.

"We are back in the arc, it is juvenile," Jones said.

He said no one was against referees, who were like players and did their best.

"Players cop it, coaches cop it. Well, how come these people are precious, unchallengeable diamonds in the game?" he said.

"I am simply saying Toovey has a legitimate point.

"All he is saying is: 'Hang on, all these things should be explained'."

Jones said that the Manly crowd would have left the game livid and that they expected someone to speak for them.

"And I have said, if the bloke is a permanent whinger then the public laugh at him," Jones said.

"Toovey is not a permanent whinger so he has a serious contribution to make.''

Jones said Toovey was also worried about his injured star Anthony Watmough and whether another player was attacking him or exposing his problem.

"Toovey has expressed his view, how is this damaging to the game?" Jones asked.

"It might be damaging to someone's ego, but it is no way damaging to the game.

``Someone has got to wake up why the crowds are not there -and the answer is not punishing coaches - honest coaches, decent people,'' Jones said.

He said people like Toovey and Ricky Stuart have given their lives to the game and have a lot to offer.

The man who guided the Wallabies to their 1984 Grand Slam win and also coached Balmain and Souths said people want some passion and emotion in the game.

``The turnstiles are not turning and this is one of the reasons,'' he said.

``Open your trap, defend your players, defend your supporters, defend your club and you are going to fined $10,000.''

``It's a lot of money $10,000.''

Jones said his comments had nothing to do with the fact that the Sea Eagles were playing Souths, whom he used to coach and would love to do well.

``It could have been Manly and Bullamakanka,'' Jones said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/radio-king-alan-jones-has-thrown-his-support-behind-geoff-toovey/story-fngr8iii-1226700059182

HappilyManly said:
Good read HM. Sometimes Jones is quite inappropriate but like Tooves he speaks his mind. In this case good on him. He's not so much speaking for Tooves and Manly he's speaking for the good of the game which is fast becoming a rort.

I don't see how Toovey actually breached any rules? He didn't call anyones integrity into question etc.

As for the Matai try, someone needs to send the excerpt from the rule book to Daniel Anderson and the others, the fact the rules actually say if the ref didn't see it he can't call it a no try

Ryan said:
Flood Greenburg's twitter account.

I can't myself and another silvertails user who I won't name bones lol got blocked grand final night. I don't know why lol

HappilyManly said:
JON GEDDES MANLY DAILY AUGUST 19, 2013 4:53PM

RADIO king and former coach Alan Jones has launched a passionate defence of Geoff Toovey's comments after Friday's loss to South Sydney.

After the game Toovey said there had to be an investigation into how it was handled.

"And they have to be accountable for the penalty count - it ended up 10-5 and there were a couple of even-ups at the end of the game," he said.

Jones said the Sea Eagles coach was speaking up for the club's supporters and his players after the 22-10 loss.

"We are back in the arc, it is juvenile," Jones said.

He said no one was against referees, who were like players and did their best.

"Players cop it, coaches cop it. Well, how come these people are precious, unchallengeable diamonds in the game?" he said.

"I am simply saying Toovey has a legitimate point.

"All he is saying is: 'Hang on, all these things should be explained'."

Jones said that the Manly crowd would have left the game livid and that they expected someone to speak for them.

"And I have said, if the bloke is a permanent whinger then the public laugh at him," Jones said.

"Toovey is not a permanent whinger so he has a serious contribution to make.''

Jones said Toovey was also worried about his injured star Anthony Watmough and whether another player was attacking him or exposing his problem.

"Toovey has expressed his view, how is this damaging to the game?" Jones asked.

"It might be damaging to someone's ego, but it is no way damaging to the game.

``Someone has got to wake up why the crowds are not there -and the answer is not punishing coaches - honest coaches, decent people,'' Jones said.

He said people like Toovey and Ricky Stuart have given their lives to the game and have a lot to offer.

The man who guided the Wallabies to their 1984 Grand Slam win and also coached Balmain and Souths said people want some passion and emotion in the game.

``The turnstiles are not turning and this is one of the reasons,'' he said.

``Open your trap, defend your players, defend your supporters, defend your club and you are going to fined $10,000.''

``It's a lot of money $10,000.''

Jones said his comments had nothing to do with the fact that the Sea Eagles were playing Souths, whom he used to coach and would love to do well.

``It could have been Manly and Bullamakanka,'' Jones said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/radio-king-alan-jones-has-thrown-his-support-behind-geoff-toovey/story-fngr8iii-1226700059182
That's massive from jones because he is a souths man.
Kudos to him for being so objective

If, as Greenburg & the NRL say, Toovey's comments are so unacceptable & detrimental to the game that they must be fined $10000 & issued a breach notice, why can the world still watch the presser via the NRL website?

http://www.nrl.com/rd-23-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/574621/embed/t4NGx2ZDoaePAQQVHv7MHkSZztPt82AT/default.aspx

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6