Manly interested in Gasnier

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Picked out a bit of an article mentioning our interest in Gasnier

Sydney Roosters join race to sign former Dragons centre Mark Gasnier
By Dean Ritchie
May 17, 2010

Sydney Roosters have joined St George Illawarra and Newcastle Knights in the chase for former Test centre Mark Gasnier.

There are also suggestions Manly and Cronulla have spoken privately about attempting to sign Gasnier, who will return to the NRL after a stint in French rugby.

Gasnier's manager George Mimis admitted that a number of NRL clubs were chasing his star client.

But provided St George Ilawarra can arrange and finalise some third-party deals, it would appear Gasnier will head back to the Dragons for the rest of this season.

If, however, those deals fall over, there are clubs queueing to sign the former New South Wales centre.

"There have been a number of expressions of interest in pursuing Mark should the Dragons deal not eventuate," Mimis said.

"But the Dragons are our primary focus right now."

Asked were the Roosters and Manly interested in Gasnier, Mimis said: "Yes, there are a number, including those clubs."

The Dragons had a clause inserted in Gasnier's early release prohibiting him from playing with any other NRL club before 2012. But Saints officials may ignore that if financially compensated.

Roosters chief executive Steve Noyce confirmed his club had discussed signing Gasnier.

"We were just seeing what the lay of the land was," Noyce said. "His name came up some time ago. If I was a betting man, I would suggest he is going to St George Illawarra. Peter O'Sullivan (Roosters recruitment manager) is often putting our club out there to see if players would like to join us."

Cronulla chief executive Richard Fisk was reluctant to discuss whether his club wanted Gasnier, but did admit: "The three-quarters is an area we have identified as wanting to strengthen."

Manly chief executive Graham Lowe could not be contacted but the Sea Eagles' interest in Gasnier is minimal.

Last week there was talk of letting Matai go ,due to cap space .So why would be be looking at this over priced Turd Burglar.

What a dumb article - they put some club names to the player manager.  What do they expect him to say - "Nah I'm having real trouble finding anyone to offload this bloke to"

Of course he will say yes to anything suggested.  Having no response from the clubs just shows the article isn't worth being written.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7