Manly injury update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Injury Update after Round 18
11/07/2011 3:31:18 PM
The Sea Eagles have had a few knocks in their win against South Sydney but will have had no major injuries added to the casualty ward.

Jason King suffered a slight hamstring strain but will be right to take on the Newcastle Knights next Sunday.

Joe Galuvao had mild concussion but will be looked after by our rehab team this week to make sure he's fit and ready for Round 19.

Will Hopoate and Tony Williams are on track with their rehabilitation and should be ready for return in Round 20 against the Penrith Panthers.

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=39028&title=injury-update-after-round-18

Good news for King and Joe, from memory that is the 3rd time Joe has looked in real pain (storm,dragons and souths) and come out the next week.
It will be interesting to see where Hoppa plays when he comes back.

It was Joe's hand that was the problem in those other games. He actually said that it was good to play with some pain. Tough man.

lloydy said:
Good news for King and Joe, from memory that is the 3rd time Joe has looked in real pain (storm,dragons and souths) and come out the next week.
It will be interesting to see where Hoppa plays when he comes back.

Yeah Smokin Joe has been outstanding this year and put his old body through an absolute battering. It's catching up with him now i guess.

Can't wait for round 20, barring any injuries, we'll be full strength!!

I think we've missed T-Rex in attack and defence, he bends the line when he runs.

Young Hoppa will slot straight back into the #5 jersey, which was also occupied by a famous Hopoate in years gone by.

Smokin Joe has only just turned 32. I think he has 2 more good seasons in him. Don't for Civonceva (Sounds like a disease) is 35.

I asked Joe yesterday after the game if he was going round another year and he heaved a big sigh, smiled and said he didn't know. I told him he is a champion and we would all love him to stay.

Good info misskate.

The three that need the most fatigue management leading into the finals are Joe, Foran & Gift. They all put team success before their own bodies. Des will be on top of it though.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Shane Rodney

Holy **** ! No room for Will Hopoate, Michael Oldfield, Vic Mauro and the others. Just insane. I know a lot of you would have Hoppa in there for Wolfman, but Wolfman has also done nothing wrong, and if you go with how Des runs things, you get an injury, your at risk of not playing for some time, if your replacement does a job.....and Wolfman has been certainly doing a job !

EDIT: I have one differential to the above. If Wolfman has signed with Parra, Hoppa comes straight in, or Oldfield continues.

Ryan i dont see how you rate Wolf so high
I love the bloke,he is great for our club....however

He let balls bounce which i rate as a huge nono and
he muffed a try Ala Tony(LAST YEAR!!!) in the same game

I have to believe Wolf will finish the year in NSW Cup

That said future looking both our GF wingers will be gone
in 2014 with Oldfield and Hopoate taking both the spots,hopefully
they will find a big end of career contract with english clubs

Robbo is just so....dependable

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts