Manly in Crisis (a mega thread)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

#crisis ??

• Yes

Votes: 111 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 91 45.0%

• Total voters

Cliffy's Jockstrap

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
One of the things a team needs in order to make a serious premiership charge is plain Mr Magoo luck, and we have had absolutely 0.0% Zilch of that this year. So probably we again field a pretty wonky looking team against the Dogs and that is what it is. But if we again get thrashed and lapped by that lot then I think Mark's question is answered and we know we got a dressing room problem.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One of the things a team needs in order to make a serious premiership charge is plain Mr Magoo luck, and we have had absolutely 0.0% Zilch of that this year. So probably we again field a pretty wonky looking team against the Dogs and that is what it is. But if we again get thrashed and lapped by that lot then I think Mark's question is answered and we know we got a dressing room problem.
I expect a loss , but making a game of it would be a positive sign.

If , as I expect , it’s 44-6 then yes indeed “ Houston we have a problem “.

If it’s 44/32 and they’ve had a crack then all good.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So you're okay with Des assistants to get the sack, but not Des? How can you justify that?
Man. Here i was thinking we were getting along and BOOM. You drop one on me. So much for new friends..... ;)

I believe the thread was dealing with one or both leaving is it not. My thoughts are directly related to 1 or 2 positions being available.

I didn't say I WANT HIS ASSISTANTS SACKED at any point however if they do need to be replaced then......... the walker brothers would be my choice.

Ryan

Journey Man
Man. Here i was thinking we were getting along and BOOM. You drop one on me. So much for new friends..... ;)

I believe the thread was dealing with one or both leaving is it not. My thoughts are directly related to 1 or 2 positions being available.

I didn't say I WANT HIS ASSISTANTS SACKED at any point however if they do need to be replaced then......... the walker brothers would be my choice.

Fair enough - but my question to you is do you think Des Assistants need to be sacked or moved on? If the answer is "no", why do you think the club thinks they should, but not include Des?

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
This game will determine if DES has lost the dressing room.
Why ?

The dogs will be out to win this one, i feel they will be looking to do to ensure a payback for Des while he is on shaky ground.

if we get walloped its one more secure nail in Des coaching carrer coffin and it prooves he has lost the dressign room.

If the coach means anything to the players they will ensure a win to build postivley for next year.

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
To answer the original question Mark, the only ones who really know the answer are the players...we're just on the outside of the dressing room looking in. So my guess, for what it's worth, is that Des hasn't lost the dressing room...yet. He still has the respect of the players.

DCE on the other hand, could well have. I've watched DCE and his body language at our games many times and felt, particularly after the opposition has scored or the chips are down, he doesn't have the leadership skills and enough "oomph" for the players to take any notice. I want to see him really barking at the players, like Jake does occasionally, but it's not in his nature.

Realistically, however, I can't see him (and his pride) losing the captaincy and think the only solution is for DCE and Jake to be co-captains.
A Captain has nothing to do with the amount of effort you put in, if you are a player waiting for someone to inspire you to play well you shouldn't be on the field

Marto1970

Reserve Grader
This game will determine if DES has lost the dressing room.
Why ?

The dogs will be out to win this one, i feel they will be looking to do to ensure a payback for Des while he is on shaky ground.

if we get walloped its one more secure nail in Des coaching carrer coffin and it prooves he has lost the dressign room.

If the coach means anything to the players they will ensure a win to build postivley for next year.
Half the dressing room are injured so do they count

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
A Captain has nothing to do with the amount of effort you put in, if you are a player waiting for someone to inspire you to play well you shouldn't be on the field
I don’t disagree but they aren’t going to take you to the next level either.

Trbo makes ordinary players less ordinary and sadly that is what the storm have done for years under Bellyache.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Kenty ... ALL HAIL KENTY .. in an article today about the nonsense of giving coaches a deadline to perform ...he says coaches then make short term decisions .. and then you sack a coach mid season .. just dumb ..

But here's the rub ... he goes on to throw this gem in about Dessie ..

quote ... "and Des Hasler, which might have a deeper undercurrent than just performance, a power grab is currently on at the Sea Eagles, and Hasler is unwilling to secede "

Anywho .. what do you think of that @Red Pill . .. what do you say about my tin foil hat now Mr. McSmarty face pants ...

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The Power struggle Perspective ......

If we Go with our Egos our Legendary club wont be going anywhere

No one is bigger than our Legendary club and our clubs best interest must come first

The sooner we all start working together the more powerful our Legendary club will become

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Kenty ... ALL HAIL KENTY .. in an article today about the nonsense of giving coaches a deadline to perform ...he says coaches then make short term decisions .. and then you sack a coach mid season .. just dumb ..

But here's the rub ... he goes on to throw this gem in about Dessie ..

quote ... "and Des Hasler, which might have a deeper undercurrent than just performance, a power grab is currently on at the Sea Eagles, and Hasler is unwilling to secede "

Anywho .. what do you think of that @Red Pill . .. what do you say about my tin foil hat now Mr. McSmarty face pants ...
Ha ha maybe Kenty is reading your posts. Maybe his buying the same cheap inferior foil as well. Time will tell Nostradamus:)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16