Manly hold talks with Coote

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is Coote a five eight?. I know he has played there, but think the cows have got it right playing Coote at Fullback and Morgan in the 6. Coote is more injury prone playing up in the line. He's wont be a centre option. Hes a great player but I find him a strange option for us!

Is Coote a five eight?. I know he has played there, but think the cows have got it right playing Coote at Fullback and Morgan in the 6. Coote is more injury prone playing up in the line. He's wont be a centre option. Hes a great player but I find him a strange option for us!
He has a long history of injury, great player but not worth the risk.

He had a great season a cowboys last year. He is a decent option at 5/8 if he can stay injury free.

Manly chasing him tells me that killer or skivvy (or both) are retiring this year and walker is going back to centre.

Just had a look at who's available. There really isn't many halves free at this stage for next year. I do see one George Jennings and his brother are both coming off contract. We need a centre. We gifted the panthers Hiku. It's only fair they return some love isn't it!

I cant see Walker being moved from the 6 after 12 months. He would have to really under perform. Coote is not currently playing 6, so it would be throwing 12 months out the door and starting from scratch with another project.

Nope can't see it. Next year Baz and Bozo wont be willing to wait, it will be all systems go for a title.

We all expected Tom to be the next fullback, me includee, but our club talking to Coote has me wonder if Toms big frame and still growing, has those who matter seeing him as our star centre?

Well now before i go with the i told you so, Bozos fn crazy rant. Who else is thinking Gutho or Hiku, both would have to be cheaper then the current premiership fullback wouldnt they? They sure have youth on there side and are just coming into there prime. Bozo if we have coote at fullback What the **** were you thinking.

Last edited:
Not sold on this. I can kind of see the thinking, he is far too slow to play fullback as good as he is, and with Morgan at 6 Cows won't be desperate to keep him. I feel his form is more of a right time right place kind of thing.

Always been a talent but was out for 3 years basically, and was only injury free last year. I think that amount of money could be better spent elsewhere, with better 6 prospects out there - including Walker for me.

Coote is a handy player & more in the $350 - $400,000 imo.
Can see him being a worthwhile player at any club with his versatility, but feel he is a high injury risk though has maybe shown the worst of that is over, with a string of Cows games.
A player like Wighton (if available) or young Jennings would be ideal on the back of the big forward signing for 2017....fullback is Snake while he can walk who will give Turbo his rightful fullback spot in time....agree Turbo could play anywhere in the backline including 5/8, but with the freedom to roam in the position he loves, fullback will see the best of him.
I like Coote, but feel we will be convinced Walker is our ideal running 5/8 by seasons end to compliment DCE & would prefer a centre....Coote is a fullback or 5/8.
Maybe Coote to that left edge with Walker outside, but there's better options of a natural centre (with speed) & don't forget , though unproven at any level, young Tom Wright is still to come & plays both 5/8 & centre...if good enough.

Just had a look at who's available. There really isn't many halves free at this stage for next year. I do see one George Jennings and his brother are both coming off contract. We need a centre. We gifted the panthers Hiku. It's only fair they return some love isn't it!

There's a few. The 2 Tigers halves are yet to commit, Corey Norman is among that Eels cap mess, Kodi Nikorima isn't going to see a starting 13 opportunity at Brisbane any time soon, Blake Green probably squeezed out of Melbourne and Luke Keary likewise at Souths.

There's a few. The 2 Tigers halves are yet to commit, Corey Norman is among that Eels cap mess, Kodi Nikorima isn't going to see a starting 13 opportunity at Brisbane any time soon, Blake Green probably squeezed out of Melbourne and Luke Keary likewise at Souths.

Corey Norman or Blake Green would be great signing I think.

Moses, Norman, Keary in that order for me!

However, I think Walker will evolve into a good 5/8.

Like the team, he's improved with each game & I expect both to continue that upward trajectory!

He's asking for around $600,000 a season, a bit rich considering his injuries.

It's a bit rich considering his talent. He's good. But he's not 600K good.

If the others want to pay that, then good.

We could have kept Hiku and Gutho for that sort of coin.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6