Manly hit with $10 000 breach notice

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nodd

Bencher
Manly hit with $10,000 breach notice
Monday, August 27, 2007 - 3:59 PM

Manly have been hit with a $10,000 breach notice by the NRL over coach Des Hasler's approaches to match officials following Sunday's controversial loss to the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland.

It's believed Hasler visited the referees room three times and was involved in a heated debate with video referee Chris Ward, discussing Ward's decision not to allow a first half try to Manly winger Michael Robertson due to an obstruction.

Hasler was also reported to have spoken to a touch judge at halftime as the Sea Eagles slumped to their second straight loss with a 36-14 defeat.

NRL rules state that under no circumstances are match officials to be approached, questioned, or harassed in any way by club officials either during or after a match.

Hasler was critical of Ward's decision in his post-match press conference but those well-publicised comments did not trouble the NRL.

"Coaches are certainly permitted to give their opinions on refereeing decisions at the post-match media conference and to take up matters with the referees' coach in the days after the event," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said.

"There is always an element of emotion around game day and it is not the time to conduct a productive analysis.

"The rules governing this have been in place for a considerable time and all coaches are aware of them."

Manly have five days in which to make any submissions in relation to the breach notice after which the NRL will decide whether the $10,000 fine will be enforced.

Source: AAP

Dear David Gallop

Go get ****ed. If your refs weren't so ****ing useless I wouldn't have to tell them that they are ****ed.

Love Dessie

Waste of money. He should have let fly in the press conference and had it widely reported in the media rather than antagonise a handful of officials directly.

I hope it works.
My first comment after the game was that it's time for Des to spend ten grand. I think it was the same thought last Monday too.

Feel free to use it now - i'm not sure if i'll ever get sick of basking in my own awesomeness

I'm absolutely computer illiterate...I'll petition Dan at a later date. :p

ep, sprays at the referreing fraternity seem to get positive results so at this time of year it's worth the ten grand. We've been on the end of diabolical calls in the last two games, calls that have cost us the games imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6