Manly Heart & Spirit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When I think gutsy I think winning against adversity. What adversity did we have tonight ? A whole bunch of errors and stupid penalties, useless kicking game, and poor options from our playmaker. I don't call that gutsy, I call it dumb and disappointing. Sure we lost Ferris early, and we were without a couple of regulars, but I won't remember this game as a courageous effort. They hung tough for the last 5 minutes, but really we shouldn't have been in that position. In fact the Roosters probably should have won, I thought Aubasson was onside so we dodged a massive bullet there.

Ugly win for sure, but not gutsy. Don't wallpaper over the cracks by trying to pretend we showed something we didn't. We are a long way off the benchmark at the moment. Good thing is the only way is up, there have been signs of improvement each week.

Let's not forget the stupid 5 day turn around we had against a side that played 9 days ago. This kind of scheduling stupidity is actually dangerous and unfair.
Thankfully, the players overcame all the **** we had going against us to steal the win. Obviously we have a long way to go but tonight the effort was top notch and that's all I ask of our players.

Might

Well add Pearce, JWH, Cordner, Copley and Leulua and I think they thump us.

Our roster is has holes in everywhere. I'd feel a whole lot better if we had Hiku, Gutherson Chee-Kam and Horo in our squad.
Out of the four you mentioned Hiku is the only one who would possibly make our full strength squad. I would've loved to have had all 4 for depth.

Out of the four you mentioned Hiku is the only one who would possibly make our full strength squad. I would've loved to have had all 4 for depth.

Yeah I was thinking more of a depth point of view too.

Mind you if, and its a big if, we are to be a threat in this comp our wing situation must be rectified.

If Brett is injured we have massive issues.

Maybe im missing something, but hasnt the rule always been any player offside within 10m of the ball cancel out any play? Alot of ppl talking about manly being lucky as aubusson was "onside" (i think its 50/50) but the winger (toupu???) was CLEARLY 5m offside and standing well within 10m of the try....
Unless that rules been changed too???

Maybe im missing something, but hasnt the rule always been any player offside within 10m of the ball cancel out any play? Alot of ppl talking about manly being lucky as aubusson was "onside" (i think its 50/50) but the winger (toupu???) was CLEARLY 5m offside and standing well within 10m of the try....

That's what I thought as well, unless they've changed that rule and not told anyone - if you are in front of the kicker you can't come within 10m of the play...that said, I also thought one foot behind the kicker/goal line etc meant you were onside, but while the bunker were checking it, they definitely said 'must have both feet behind the kicker'. If that's the case, I reckon they got it right, Aubusson's front foot was in front of Mitchell, only the back foot was iffy.

Does the fact that the ball hit Killer negate Taupu's offside?

That's one of those "only if it's Manly" rules when all else has failed to deny us.

Yea, im not 100% sure, but i recon they could find some obscure wording in the rules to cry foul over (no pun intended )
But i was 100% sure it woulda been no try cos the winger was well and truely offside and right next to the play

The roosters last try IMO was a forward pass that rolled a meter forward also, every commentator said it was forward pass except the touch judge. Perhaps the NO TRY which was a 50/50 call anyway went our way cause there last try certainly went the roosters way. The 5 day turnaround killed us snake was flat, Tafua was poor tonight he gave them 12 points, it was a gusty win against against a very desperate side that had better go forward than us. GO MANLY !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4