Manly Fun Day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
With ManlyBacker and Byso I attended the Fun Day this afternoon/evening at the home of the Sea Eagles at Narrabeen.

Twas a good afternoon and well organised. It was professionally set yo with face painting, hair dyeing, streamers and balloons for the kiddies, the Sea Birds (this year sponsored by Jim Beam) handing out sponsor's products and the players sitting at desks signing autographs. There was a brief formal introduction of the players but the rest of the time was informal with signing of posters, mingling etc. A sausage sizzle and some promotional stands for Harbord, Forrestvile and Valleys junior clubs, Manly Daily, Coke (ironic considering we were once a Pepsi club) and Artic Spas finished off the displays. Some 2005 Classic made merchandise was sold at cheap prices but unless you were XXXL or a shrimp there wasn't much except some new Reebok 60th anniversary jerseys for $165.

A good initiative and well worth attending. The three posters will take pride of place in the Canteen!!!

I also chatted with the various club officials and all the players and will post some of what was passed on in the next few days.

Byso took many good photos and will post them in the next day or two.

Did anyone bother to get my kids a signed poster this year?

The 2005 one is looking a bit tired, especially with the pins stuck in the faces of Monas, Randall, Luchetti, Hoppa and Donald.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4