Manly fan Joe - Des - Good news story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In a crazy time where all the media hysteria is about players doing bad things and many Red flags against our great game, I really enjoyed this story.
Hope fellow Silvertails can appreciate it and the NRL needs to jump on this type of thing instead of only promoting the bad news....anyways - read for yourself.

And to Joe - Good on you Champ - you lead those boys onto the field with pride !!

https://www.seaeagles.com.au/…/17/a-dream-come-true-for-joe/

With all of the adversity in RL, why can't the Daily Crap run a headline like this, what an excellent story and gesture. Well done all involved.

There you go Slimeberg that's how you promote your brand instead of trying to kill it

Doesn’t sell newspapers nor get people to click.

That’s all the media care about today, even the NRL’s own media department are like this.

Stories like this might bring Todd’s daughter and her friends back to the game.
I was being serious - and taking a little swipe at Todd. Manly, under Des, has always been a font of good news stories. Des has always expected and encouraged positive community involvement by his players. I can remember a story during the 2007 final series (may even of been before the GF) that Monas had gotten very little sleep before the match because he’d been sitting with young patient at a hospital. Des had the team visiting the hospital and, reportedly, this kid had formed a real attachment to Monas so, when he was having a particularly bad night, the hospital called out to Michael who came in and sat with him. Wish I’d kept the article cause I can’t find it on line.

Doesn’t sell newspapers nor get people to click.

That’s all the media care about today, even the NRL’s own media department are like this.

Sadly you're 100% correct. While great stories, things like this generally only interest fans of the club involved, whereas things like the JDB case and the 1nglis retirement are guaranteed clicks from fans of just about every club. And those corporations like Nein, Fox, SMH, DT and as you said, even the NRL all make money every time someone clicks on their stories which takes them to their websites.

But stories like this with Joe and Pop getting to meet their idols show the way to engage the fans of the game. Unfortunately too much emphasis when it comes to "fans" are what the corporate partners, the broadcasters, the betting agencies etc, want and who they want is to target which is others with money, other potential corporate sponsors, note the average punter. We as spectators are only a means to an end.

Awesome read, gives me tingles and makes the hair on the back of the neck stand up. Well done to Mat for looking out for a fellow Sea Eagle, and what can you say about the team and the Man himself Des.... I hope Joe has a absolute blast running out on the ground..
Go You Good Things!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8