Manly dominance over Warriors continues with Sea Eagles big winners in fiery clash

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
IF the short turnarounds are hurting Manly they certainly didn’t show it against a mistake-riddled Warriors outfit at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night.

Led by a double from centre Steve Matai, the Sea Eagles delivered their strongest performance of the season to charge to an emphatic 16-point victory.

Matai turned back the clock with a masterclass to help his side continue their recent domination over the men from New Zealand.

The Sea Eagles have now won 10 of their past 11 clashes against the Warriors.

Matai was well supported by skipper Jamie Lyon and halfback Api Koroisau, who shone just days after his man-of-the match performance against South Sydney.

Prop Josh Starling also deserves special praise for scoring his first NRL try after four years of trying.

Starling’s determined effort to barge over from close-range after 23 minutes typified the Sea Eagles’ desire in a dominant display.

The only negative for Manly was five-eighth Dylan Walker being placed on report for an attempted trip on winger Tuimoala Lolohea, but it wasn’t enough to dampen the positive mood of coach Trent Barrett.

“I thought we showed a lot of intent in everything we did and our aim was to start well,” Barrett said.

“We had a big job to do against a side that had won two in a row with some pretty dangerous players, but to a man we didn’t have a bad player.

“I thought Api and Dylan were good again the halves and our senior players led the way early on.

“I’m really happy for them.”

Manly may have been slick, but the same praise can’t be given to the hapless Warriors.

Andrew McFadden’s men went to the half-time break trailing by just six points, but they were blown off the park in the second half as the Sea Eagles raced in a further tries.

McFadden was disappointed with his team’s discipline, admitting they only have themselves to blame for the loss.

“We gave up 30-plus points at our home and it wasn’t good enough,” McFadden said.

“The opposition were excellent and I thought they came out with lots of energy and we got into a bit of a battle.

“But they probably had a bit too much scoreboard pressure for us and we forced our hand and didn’t keep our game tight.”

Manly face another short turnaround on Thursday night when they take on the inform Parramatta Eels at Brookvale Oval.

MANLY 34 (S Matai 2 J Starling M Taupau T Trbojevic tries J Lyon 7 goals) bt NZ WARRIORS 18 (B Ayshford S Kata I Luke tries S Johnson 3 goals) at Mt Smart Stadium. Referee: Gavin Reynolds, Chris Sutton. Crowd: 16,112.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/3d55a24362c717ad6bde1592a4fa0e55

I dunno who Matt logue is when doing his real job but.....

...."IF the short turnarounds are hurting Manly they certainly didn’t show it against a mistake-riddled Warriors outfit at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night......."

You ****ing moron. We just had 9 days off dip ****.

**** me, any monkey with a keyboard gets a DT job.

giphy.gif

Should read Facebook this morning. You'd think by the way the Warriors fans are whingeing that the bunker decision to order a goal line drop out is what won Manly the game.

Its a good laugh lol.

Hardly anything about the fact that quite frankly the Warriors suck.

I noticed something last night. For all of his individual brilliance when running the ball, RTS is not a patch on Snake as a fullback. His defence is almost non-existent and he's nowhere near Snake's class when it comes to organising the defence from the back. It appears as though he learned very little about that side of the game from Mini.

This is one fear I hold for the game in Australia currently. We've got all these talented kids such as RTS who've come through the U/20's straight into first grade. They come in with big wraps because they are all brilliant with the ball in their hands and when they do the same things in the NRL they are hailed as the best thing ever. But seriously, with the exception of a few (e.g. Jake Trbojevic), most have no idea what they are doing when it comes to defence. Its all about attacking football and I fear that we're travelling the same path as England have over the past 40 years in that everyone can attack, but no one can tackle.

Call me old fashioned but I would rather watch games like we were having with the Chooks 2 or 3 years ago when both sides were brilliant in defence than watch games where both teams end up scoring over 20 or 30 points.

Last edited:

You're hired! lol

:angel::giggle:

Should read Facebook this morning. You'd think by the way the Warriors fans are whinging that the bunker decision to order a goal line drop out is what won Manly the game.

Its a good laugh lol.

I didn't see too many replays....but I thought he got back into the field?

Anyone see better?

(I know it didn't change the game....just wondering if people know for sure.)

:)

Well, there are two things with that decision. Firstly it wasn't actually the bunker who called it as the media are reporting, it was actually the pocket ref. And second, the original grounding was on the line which is deemed as part of the in-goal area.

Either way it was a correct call. Its just sour grapes from Warriors fans who are frustrated that their team sucks right now.

Well, there are two things with that decision. Firstly it wasn't actually the bunker who called it as the media are reporting, it was actually the pocket ref. And second, the original grounding was on the line which is deemed as part of the in-goal area.

Either way it was a correct call. Its just sour grapes from Warriors fans who are frustrated that their team sucks right now.

Cool, thanks for that.

I guess SA footy fans are more knowledgeable than their nsw/qld counterparts! :)

IF the short turnarounds are hurting Manly they certainly didn’t show it against a mistake-riddled Warriors outfit at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night.

Led by a double from centre Steve Matai, the Sea Eagles delivered their strongest performance of the season to charge to an emphatic 16-point victory.

Matai turned back the clock with a masterclass to help his side continue their recent domination over the men from New Zealand.

The Sea Eagles have now won 10 of their past 11 clashes against the Warriors.

Matai was well supported by skipper Jamie Lyon and halfback Api Koroisau, who shone just days after his man-of-the match performance against South Sydney.

Prop Josh Starling also deserves special praise for scoring his first NRL try after four years of trying.

Starling’s determined effort to barge over from close-range after 23 minutes typified the Sea Eagles’ desire in a dominant display.

The only negative for Manly was five-eighth Dylan Walker being placed on report for an attempted trip on winger Tuimoala Lolohea, but it wasn’t enough to dampen the positive mood of coach Trent Barrett.

“I thought we showed a lot of intent in everything we did and our aim was to start well,” Barrett said.

“We had a big job to do against a side that had won two in a row with some pretty dangerous players, but to a man we didn’t have a bad player.

“I thought Api and Dylan were good again the halves and our senior players led the way early on.

“I’m really happy for them.”

Manly may have been slick, but the same praise can’t be given to the hapless Warriors.

Andrew McFadden’s men went to the half-time break trailing by just six points, but they were blown off the park in the second half as the Sea Eagles raced in a further tries.

McFadden was disappointed with his team’s discipline, admitting they only have themselves to blame for the loss.

“We gave up 30-plus points at our home and it wasn’t good enough,” McFadden said.

“The opposition were excellent and I thought they came out with lots of energy and we got into a bit of a battle.

“But they probably had a bit too much scoreboard pressure for us and we forced our hand and didn’t keep our game tight.”

Manly face another short turnaround on Thursday night when they take on the inform Parramatta Eels at Brookvale Oval.

MANLY 34 (S Matai 2 J Starling M Taupau T Trbojevic tries J Lyon 7 goals) bt NZ WARRIORS 18 (B Ayshford S Kata I Luke tries S Johnson 3 goals) at Mt Smart Stadium. Referee: Gavin Reynolds, Chris Sutton. Crowd: 16,112.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h/news-story/3d55a24362c717ad6bde1592a4fa0e55
Full match replay
Enjoy

"IF the short turnarounds are hurting Manly they certainly didn’t show it against a mistake-riddled Warriors outfit at Mt Smart Stadium on Saturday night."

We may have had 3 games in 10 days, but who wrote that crap? We went into this game on a 9 day break and it showed.

Should read Facebook this morning. You'd think by the way the Warriors fans are whingeing that the bunker decision to order a goal line drop out is what won Manly the game.

Its a good laugh lol.

Hardly anything about the fact that quite frankly the Warriors suck.

I noticed something last night. For all of his individual brilliance when running the ball, RTS is not a patch on Snake as a fullback. His defence is almost non-existent and he's nowhere near Snake's class when it comes to organising the defence from the back. It appears as though he learned very little about that side of the game from Mini.

This is one fear I hold for the game in Australia currently. We've got all these talented kids such as RTS who've come through the U/20's straight into first grade. They come in with big wraps because they are all brilliant with the ball in their hands and when they do the same things in the NRL they are hailed as the best thing ever. But seriously, with the exception of a few (e.g. Jake Trbojevic), most have no idea what they are doing when it comes to defence. Its all about attacking football and I fear that we're travelling the same path as England have over the past 40 years in that everyone can attack, but no one can tackle.

Call me old fashioned but I would rather watch games like we were having with the Chooks 2 or 3 years ago when both sides were brilliant in defence than watch games where both teams end up scoring over 20 or 30 points.
This has more to do with the NRL Product that they and the referees manufacture each week. The NRL want games with lots of points, but close until the end to keep all fans interested. They just love scorelines like 32-28 and similar. This has been a trend over the past three years and I hate it.

Did any Worriers' player get cited for inciting that melee at full time?
Did Hoffman cop a 'please explain' for his brain snaps throughout the match? As captain he certainly didn't act with any leadership.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6