Manly/Dogs - a promoters dream!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Looking more & more likely the legend Tooveys takes the Seaeagles to the GF against Des & his Dogs.....both are standouts.

Sure Storm won against a Titans team battling injury & on their home turf but were down 10-0 at ht & certainly not overly convincing.

With Inglis Bunnies will be better, especially from kick returns to give their attack momentum, as Matai will improve us with those explosive dummy half spurts & intimidating defence.

The Cows are also in that next batch with a Sharks team who have been the big improvers however - for mine its shaping up Manly vs the Dogs in the 2012 decider!!

I reckon Cronulla will be there. Manly Melbourne Dogs Cronulla. 2 of these 4 will play in the GF.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The 'promoters' would prefer Dog v Hare I'd say.

Disagree. They'll be salivating if it's Manly vs Dogs (no pun intended). Think about it Manly win the premiership with Des in 2011. A week later we have Greenberg's grubby face saying "we've got our man", then a few days later Des, who had another year on his contract with Manly, is now working at the Dogs. This is a complete surprise to everyone, and ruined our party.

One year on and that same coach at his new team comes up against the team he ditched, at the greatest show of them all: the Grand Final. Either we go back to back or Des makes history as being the first coach to win at one club then win at another the next year. It will do 2 other things: 1) it will answer the question of whether the premierships were won by the players or the coach; and 2) it will be the climax and completion of the story. A perfect end to the whole saga.

May the best team win (probably us btw). Promoter's dream.

All true. However the NRL would also love to fire up the dormant South Sydney merchandise market by their team having their afternoon in the grand final sun. Either match-up would capture the imagination of most genuine fans. The NRL itself would be less worried about history and more interested in maximising viewers/luring in a whole new batch of supporters. I guess any promoter worth their salt would love either match-up.

Playing at out peak and at full strength the only way the other teams can beat us is in their dreams

We will get the Dogs in week 1, flog them on the scoreboard and physically, and they will struggle to back up in week 2, straight sets

Manly v Rabbits is what I've been tipping.

The two ARL Clubs annihilated by the Super League mobsters and resurrected by the love and determination of their Fans :angel:

With Manly defending their Premiership Trophy :shy:

B2B with 2V :D

Personally I'd like a Manly V Cronulla GF. The NRL and broadcasters would hate it, but Cronulla has gained my admiration for battling so well under difficult circumstances. And they have been robbed of four points, so they should be in 2nd place.
However, I don;t think the Sharks will make it this year.
I'm tipping we'll play the Storm, who know all about finals footie. I still believe the Berries are being carried by Barba and this will come unstuck some time soon.

HappilyManly said:
Manly v Rabbits is what I've been tipping.

The two ARL Clubs annihilated by the Super League mobsters and resurrected by the love and determination of their Fans :angel:

With Manly defending their Premiership Trophy :shy:

B2B with 2V :D
Don't mind that idea at all. Not too many would be old enough to recall, but we still owe them a grand final beating or two.

Manly v Storm would be an NRL nightmare. No one would care as everyone but the 2 teams supporters hate us both.

I am hoping for a Manly vs Canterbury grand final. Still waiting the payback for 95, only way we can do it is to meet in the GF.

I'd be a lot more confident too. Last time they had grand final experience, this time we've got the experience.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8