Manly Captaincy shake-up ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't really see him as someone who has a voice, I may be wrong.
Jake has the passion to fire the players up, I don't think it matters to him and the rest of the team if he is the captain/co-captain/vice-captain or whatever. DCE has the level head as the one who talks to the referees.
Just thinking about bringing the players together.
Need someone they can look up to.

Just thinking about bringing the players together.
Need someone they can look up to.
That assumes they don't look up to DCE. The only place I've seen that is in an anonymously written column called 'The Mole' who gets it wrong more times than the bunker.

I don't see him as someone who has a voice, I may be wrong.
Jake has the passion to fire the players up, I don't think it matters to him and the rest of the team if he is the captain/co-captain/vice-captain or whatever. DCE has the level head as the one who talks to the referees.
DCE has the level head to not only talk to the referees but also handle the media - and being Manly, the media takes some handling.

Yes, Jake has the passion to fire the players up on and off the field and, importantly, actually be taken notice of by the players. I don't think there's any other player, including Tom, who would be as effective at this.

If under consideration, I can't see DCE accepting any sort of demotion, so DCE and Jake as co-captains seems the best compromise.

Relax people. It's more than likely that Jake is being groomed for the full captaincy in a couple of years when DCE retires.

Gotta give DCE credit, even though his ability to influence the game when we are on the back foot is questionable as a half, as a captain he has a cool head makes good decisions especially in captains challenge moments.

I've got to say. I still see Froggy as our best man myself. Calm. Leads by example. Tough. A captain who can grow with the role. IMO importantly a Captain not a Rep Player missing through out the year. Someone who is Manly first, not Qld, NSW, Aust, Tonga, or Somoa. Someone who can carry that weight of responsibility of leadership, freeing up DCE, Turbo, Jurbo etc to focus on being the best players they can be.

If I'm not mistaken. Captained both the raiders NYC team and the Australian 20s team as well.

But it's certainly time for fresh approach to leadership. In this new era.
Interesting choice

Full of admiration for the Frog but he’d be the first one dropped if we have a top notch 9.

That assumes they don't look up to DCE. The only place I've seen that is in an anonymously written column called 'The Mole' who gets it wrong more times than the bunker.
I meant they could still look up to DCE as top boss

I don't care who the captain is or who deserves it. We need an inspirational on field leader. We have not had one for years. Press performances and dialogue with our numb nut referees is secondary and will not inspire the players around you. Its what you do on the field that will impact those around you.

Relax people. It's more than likely that Jake is being groomed for the full captaincy in a couple of years when DCE retires.

Gotta give DCE credit, even though his ability to influence the game when we are on the back foot is questionable as a half, as a captain he has a cool head makes good decisions especially in captains challenge moments.
I think schuster will be captain at some stage. He will be coming into his prime as dce retires.

We don't lack inspiration, we lack organisation.
Well DCE offers neither lol.

I would say we lack both, but it's a captain's job to inspire and a halfback's to organise. Some special 7s can do both.

I will be happy if ours can at the least organise, and as he doesn't inspire when the chips are down, the players will need someone else to look to. Tom certainly has this effect on the players, but if he misses chunks of the season, we need someone else in the middle of the action

I don't really see him as someone who has a voice, I may be wrong.
He's an islander, of course he has a voice. It's like the Welsh. You'll just never him sing "Abide with Me"

I actually think Tommy's the leader on field when he's playing. The (c) doesn't really seem to matter.

I like the idea of Jake as a co captain but let DCE doe the talking with the ref. Jake would be easily bullied by the ref. Too much of a nice guy. His passion could also get him into trouble.

DCE while not a forceful person clearly lets the ref know what he's thinking & is intelligent & articulate. However he does need to complain to the ref more.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2