Manly Captaincy shake-up ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member

The Mole: Manly Sea Eagles stewing on captaincy shake-up in bid to solve pride jersey fallout​

Manly is considering making Jake Trbojevic co-captain alongside Daly Cherry-Evans in a bid to put the pride jersey disaster behind the club once and for all.

Despite the Sea Eagles claiming they are a united front again, there is still a massive rift between the seven players who boycotted the pride round and the rest of the squad.

The majority of the seven are Islander players, who get on better with the popular Trbojevic than they do with the veteran Cherry-Evans.

Elevating Jake to co-captain would appease the seven and be seen as a peace move to once again unify the playing group.

The Sea Eagles didn't win a game last season after the infamous pride jersey fiasco in August, bombing out with seven straight losses, and will need to find a way to get on again to be a finals force in 2023.

Trbojevic is held in high regard throughout the Manly area and is the logical replacement skipper once DCE hangs up his boots.

The new era at Manly officially kicked off when Anthony Seibold began his tenure as head coach on Tuesday.

(This thread is dedicated to my friend ... @XV-1 .. thanks for your support)

The Mole: Manly Sea Eagles stewing on captaincy shake-up in bid to solve pride jersey fallout​

Manly is considering making Jake Trbojevic co-captain alongside Daly Cherry-Evans in a bid to put the pride jersey disaster behind the club once and for all.

Despite the Sea Eagles claiming they are a united front again, there is still a massive rift between the seven players who boycotted the pride round and the rest of the squad.

The majority of the seven are Islander players, who get on better with the popular Trbojevic than they do with the veteran Cherry-Evans.

Elevating Jake to co-captain would appease the seven and be seen as a peace move to once again unify the playing group.

The Sea Eagles didn't win a game last season after the infamous pride jersey fiasco in August, bombing out with seven straight losses, and will need to find a way to get on again to be a finals force in 2023.

Trbojevic is held in high regard throughout the Manly area and is the logical replacement skipper once DCE hangs up his boots.

The new era at Manly officially kicked off when Anthony Seibold began his tenure as head coach on Tuesday.

(This thread is dedicated to my friend ... @XV-1 .. thanks for your support)
"there is still a MASSIVE.. rift between the seven" really !! who makes up this rubbish.

How does having Jake as captain instead of DCE appease the 7? What does Jake have to do with their religious beliefs? This article is complete nonsense but unfortunately the media seems to be hung up on manly this off season and running low on stories already so I doubt its the last crap we'll see.

How does having Jake as captain instead of DCE appease the 7? What does Jake have to do with their religious beliefs? This article is complete nonsense but unfortunately the media seems to be hung up on manly this off season and running low on stories already so I doubt its the last crap we'll see.
Most logical post .

Not keen on Jake being captain , great player and bloke but think his game would be affected in a negative way if he had that added responsibility . Why not just persevere with D C E , not that it is that big a deal and could not see any particular issues previously with D C E as the C .

I've got to say. I still see Froggy as our best man myself. Calm. Leads by example. Tough. A captain who can grow with the role. IMO importantly a Captain not a Rep Player missing through out the year. Someone who is Manly first, not Qld, NSW, Aust, Tonga, or Somoa. Someone who can carry that weight of responsibility of leadership, freeing up DCE, Turbo, Jurbo etc to focus on being the best players they can be.

If I'm not mistaken. Captained both the raiders NYC team and the Australian 20s team as well.

But it's certainly time for fresh approach to leadership. In this new era.

Last edited:
Jake should definitely be the players captain but I just don't trust him to be the cool head that addresses the ref. Chez still needs to be our referee intermediary.

DCE is a godsend in crunch momments and big games. He has earnt his C. But i like the idea of transitioning Jake through co-captaincy. It makes sense to me

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4