Manly board meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
im just speculating here
but has anyone else thought about the possibilty
that des went in there last night and used the old if he goes im gone approach?

Mark from Brisbane link said:
To be fair let's say that I think the board as a whole probably realised that what they were doing wasn't good for the club.Blind Freddy could tell you they all had to sit down and act like responsible adults, not like sploit children.

Whilst most comments here are critical, I'd like to praise them for  having the sense to do what they have done...sure there's been a LOT of pressure to do so BUT you have to say they have come a LONG LONG way.

Now lets play Footy!!

And Cliffy, it's only a suspension, not a life sentance, you'll be back......I just need to mediate between two good mates now to bring an end to the \"other\" war....I love you both (not the way Lucy loves you) and just want to see all SEQ fans in one BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!
as for my holiday on mwse mark
I really dont care as long as we have the right person running our club i dont need to be able to post there.

I can still read what goes on there and if something pisses me off i can just post it here.

As for the other war buddy, there is no war, theres people i choose to be friends and theres people who i have no desire to be involved in my life at all.
People like the that other qld fan fits in the latter.

Your se qld fans will be ok because after may 11 i wont be one anymore

I'll be a Northen beaches Manly fan :)

Doubt ill be at the function for the broncos game been a few threats of violence made towards me.

Im gonna be in a corperate area at the match thanks to work but ill make sure i come and around and say hi

He has just signed up till 2012 so it might be some how related...

Cliffy Gc link said:
im just speculating here

I'm just speculating here
but has anyone else thought about the possibility
that Des"s initial contract extension was in line with Sea Eagles license renewal date with the NRL?

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Cliffy Gc link=topic=179922.msg216875#msg216875 date=1238640626]
im just speculating here

I'm just speculating here
but has anyone else thought about the possibility
that Des"s initial contract extension was in line with Sea Eagles license renewal date with the NRL?
[/quote]
We did vidmar, but it is a red herring initially put up by club insiders as justification for not extending his contract. The fact is that many current players have their contracts past this renewal date. The fact that they extended Des's last night also puts paid to that.

Cliffy, you had BETTER come around and see us to say farewell buddy otherwise I'll never ever talk to you again..just kidding but would be good to see you anyway we still haven't had a phone catch up re WCC.

And I'd be happy to mediate if I could on the other issue, as I say I hate to see any Manly fans bickering...we need a common goal...BACK TO BACK in 09...it all starts this weekend!!

Oh forgot to mention in relation to Des has anyone thought about this......Des has his own business and might not actually want a contract past 2012. You'd have to say there's a lot easier ways to earn a dollar than coaching a footy team!!

2012 would be the limit is my guess.  I for one didn't like the length of the Fulton years.  He stayed to long at the trough and didn't deliver in his latter years.  He got old and bitter. 

95, 96 and 97 saw the club deliver in all but two games!!!!! 98 was a hard year after the SuperLeague debacle and we had a shadow of a team in 99 which saw Bozo step down due to a poor start to a season and a very sick wife. That is hardly not delivering in his later years. We were two wins (and plenty of steroids, poor reffing and two forward passes) away from three premierships in a row!!!

I think the result from the board meeting is a good one providing that thet are genuine in their resolutions and not just paying lip service to the fans to protect the "brand". If the bickering stops and Mayer, Penn and Delemege can honestly get on with the job of running the club and securing our future than great. Time will tell though.

Let's hope that it translates to a better on field performance this week against the Druggos.

Chip & Chase link said:
providing that thet are genuine in their resolutions and not just paying lip service to the fans to protect the \"brand\".

Nailed it in one suuccint observation C&C!

Everyone can have their conspiracy theories but I think it's as simple as this.

The board as a whole have finally realised what they were doing to the fans, the players AND the brand.

And as I have been asking them to do for the last month, put your sh*t aside, act like adults and not spoilt children and get on with it.

As I have found in many many years of running my own business, you don;t actually have to like the people you have to deal with but business is business, just get on with it!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6