Manly Banking On Youth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
On the Manlyseaeagles.com website the new Manly squad for 2007 has been announced. Many Flegg and Ball Cup players have been added to the squad plus some young and upcoming potential from other clubs. Jamie Lyon is of course the main signing and needs no introduction. This will please many pundits who are looking for the next generation of 'Crusher Kids' to step into the boots of Ben Kennedy, Kylie Leulaui and company.

The squad as announced is:

Jack Afamasaga, Michael Bani, Matt Ballin, Steven Bell, Mark Bryant, Travis Burns, Adam Cuthbertson, Shane Dunley, Sione Finefeuiaki, Jon Grieve, Aaron Groom, Glenn Hall, Chris Hicks, Sam Key, Jason King, Brent Kite, Jamie Lyon, Steve Matai, Sean Meaney, Steve Menzies, Michael Monaghan, Phil Morwood, Shane Neumann, Mark Offerdahl, Matt Orford, Michael Robertson, Jeff Robson, George Rose, Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart
Chris Trembath, Anthony Watmough, Jason Wells, Luke Williamson.

The following list are said to be new recruits (Many from 2006 Jersey Flegg) and biographical material on any will be welcome: Jack Afamasaga, Michael Bani, Jon Grieve, Aaron Groom, Glenn Hall, Sam Key, Jamie Lyon, Shane Neumann, Mark Offerdahl, Chris Trembath.

The club advises that others may be added to the squad at a later date.

Aaron groom. i would love to see him step up in the upper grades soon

Another year of watching crap dished out by Dunley. Williamson, Robson and Moorewood. FFS Dessie we won't win the comp with these guys.

From what I can gather on Bani, we got him from Queensland, he's a winger, a goalkicker and a "speed machine". His name appears in some 100 metre race in Queensland.

Neumann is also from Queensland, is young (18-20) and is a centre (possibly winger too).

Shane%20Neumann%20steps.jpg

Shane Neumann, played for Easts Tigers, winger/centre, 18-19 years old.

Groom trembath, offerdahl and keys are all very good young players that have come through the sg ball ranks due to crusher. It will be very interesting to see how they go.

Mailangi Styles is going to the UK.
The rest of that squad, leave out some of the lads who've already past their used by date, are going to prove to be big things at this club.
We have Groome, Wells, Meaney, Ballin, Cuthbertson, Bani, and Finefuaki coming through the ranks.
If you think that Manly are asleep because we've only signed Lyon, you've made a big mistake.
Just like the Tigers did a couple of years ago, we have alot of young talent coming through. These kids will make us a force again. Half of them are locals as well.

can not wait to watch williamson play next year again NOT bloody hell when is des going to wake up and piss some players off that are good for f34455 ALL

Willo is good for depth, hopefully he is mainly a PL player who comes into firsts when we have injuries, suspension etc.

Willo is good for depth, hopefully he is mainly a PL player who comes into firsts when we have injuries, suspension etc.
Agreed Garts a few older heads Willo & Dunley in PL would be good mentors for the younger blokes (Willo more than Dunley) If the younger blokes are good enough they should crack NRL.

[quote author=Garts]
Agreed Garts a few older heads Willo & Dunley in PL would be good mentors for the younger blokes (Willo more than Dunley) If the younger blokes are good enough they should crack NRL.
[/quote]

A lot of the younger players look up to Dunley apparently (it was said somewhere on this site, I think). With the new batch of Flegg players coming up, he may be pretty useful in Premier League this year :p

[quote author=Utility Player]
[quote author=Garts]
[/quote]

A lot of the younger players look up to Dunley apparently (it was said somewhere on this site, I think). With the new batch of Flegg players coming up, he may be pretty useful in Premier League this year :p
[/quote]
yeah , but he wont be there. he'll be 1st grade.
Did you go to Schoolies this year Downie?

I chatted with a friend loosely connected with the club who said tonight that Harrison (going to the Dogs) is a one of the better under age players in the club. He plays above his weight and has done well in Rep teams. He did also so that clubs on a budget (Manly) are pouring their money into first grade as a priority and that has to remain the emphasis. It might mean losing a couple of maybes in order to buy 'already are' players. He is very confident that there are young players in the club that will do well. Also that Crusher is on track in his work.

I chatted with a friend loosely connected with the club who said tonight that Harrison (going to the Dogs) is a one of the better under age players in the club. He plays above his weight and has done well in Rep teams. He did also so that clubs on a budget (Manly) are pouring their money into first grade as a priority and that has to remain the emphasis. It might mean losing a couple of maybes in order to buy 'already are' players. He is very confident that there are young players in the club that will do well. Also that Crusher is on track in his work.

Problem that this might pose is the same problem Rugby Union has. Additionally, if this was the case, one would have thought we may have attained more than one first grader after losing 2.5 in Kennedy, Leuluai & Steppa.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4