Manly Backrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
In all of Manly's top sides over many seasons they have fielded and outstanding backrow. 2005 is seeing the emergence (at last) of Watmough and add that to Beaver back to his very best and Ben Kennedy, we are starting to look very classy in that area.

They work, hold the edge of the rucks effectively and are running the ball with passion and determination.

I am hopeful that Witt will start to put Beaver and Choc through gaps out wider and we will have one of the very outstanding backrows in the comp.

Very true CW, I had the same thought myself earlier in the season. The other point that we are going to have tested over the next few weeks is depth, which those other sides also had.
The comparisons of the great Manly sides also don't end at there, there's also always a great fullback, a superstar centre & a classy 5/8th.
Do we have that ? Not willing to judge this early in the season myself, but what do you learned folk think ?

Very true. It's great to see our forwards dominate the backrow have given the spark we needed.....well done Manly!

Duff i take it steve didnt come over last night if your posting at 9:45pm

The 5/8 needs to be given a good chunk of the season to settle. If Witt is not firing come june 30, then have a look.

We all know we need a centre or 2.

The problem with the backline is that 2 are close to retirement. They may, although i doubt it play 2007 but that would be the limit.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4