Manly backrow Dynamo's

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Like every Manly supporter, have been living the footy played by the Seaeagles in 2021....and applaud the contribution of Every player.
I have been a fan of both Schu and Guok, long before the season, but confess they are absolute favourites now.
Guoc seems to grab the ball and explode through, inside or over his opposite defender and has an offload....and his defence is brutal, I rate him our true intimidator and the opposition seem to feel the same way, 1 bloke Chambers ran away from quickly recently..,
Schu is all class, silky ball skills, sidestep and nothing more I like then his direct power runs, taking 2,3 defenders to shut him down and he plays the ball as they are still in a shambles, defensively can improve, though as a 1st year back rower at NRL level is doing unbelievably well.
Some say shut the book of tricks but I say read us a few more pages, just don't forget to blend with some tough, rugged footy as is a powerful young man.
As dominant as Tom is, for ppl looking for some extra Seaeagles superhero's - I say look no further than this talented young gun backrow Dynamo combination

Like every Manly supporter, have been living the footy played by the Seaeagles in 2021....and applaud the contribution of Every player.
I have been a fan of both Schu and Guok, long before the season, but confess they are absolute favourites now.
Guoc seems to grab the ball and explode through, inside or over his opposite defender and has an offload....and his defence is brutal, I rate him our true intimidator and the opposition seem to feel the same way, 1 bloke Chambers ran away from quickly recently..,
Schu is all class, silky ball skills, sidestep and nothing more I like then his direct power runs, taking 2,3 defenders to shut him down and he plays the ball as they are still in a shambles, defensively can improve, though as a 1st year back rower at NRL level is doing unbelievably well.
Some say shut the book of tricks but I say read us a few more pages, just don't forget to blend with some tough, rugged footy as is a powerful young man.
As dominant as Tom is, for ppl looking for some extra Seaeagles superhero's - I say look no further than this talented young gun backrow Dynamo combination
Both to me have been very quiet lately. Schu has certainly been quiet and Haumole hasn't been taking the line on with vigor. The Storm will crowd Tom everywhere he goes so we will absolutely need others to step up. Haumole needs to be on the long run hitting up from the boundary fence and Schu needs to use those silky hands to create opportunities while Tom is being mugged. These two really need to stand up on Friday night and I expect they will and their efforts will be very very different to recent weeks. I think Des will have a number of plays aimed at using Tom as a decoy.

I really hope Schuster stands up this week ..
Manly were best this season when we had attacking options all across the park... Tom, DCE, Foran and Schuster all involved in every set, scoring points at will...

Imo since his injury Schuster has been half the player he was mid season.. sure, he's doing some of the grunt work, but when the attacking raids are on the bloke is nowhere to be seen... A far cry from the playmaker he was 10 weeks ago... For us to win this week we need all hands on deck, not all hands on hips watching Tom try and do something by himself

Manly were best this season when we had attacking options all across the park... Tom, DCE, Foran and Schuster all involved in every set, scoring points at will...

Imo since his injury Schuster has been half the player he was mid season.. sure, he's doing some of the grunt work, but when the attacking raids are on the bloke is nowhere to be seen... A far cry from the playmaker he was 10 weeks ago... For us to win this week we need all hands on deck, not all hands on hips watching Tom try and do something by himself
Nowhere to be seen! Watch the cowboys game again.
He is there in support for two of Tom’s tries.

Nowhere to be seen! Watch the cowboys game again.
He is there in support for two of Tom’s tries.
Ok, he was in support for toms 2 trys..
When he was on fire, he was involved in the trys, not just running in support.. he was the link man between Tom and the halves... He was the bloke with the ball in hand, drawing in defenders before putting someone through a gap to score... He was ALOT more involved in actually setting up the trys than just running in support of one or 2...

Ok, he was in support for toms 2 trys..
When he was on fire, he was involved in the trys, not just running in support.. he was the link man between Tom and the halves... He was the bloke with the ball in hand, drawing in defenders before putting someone through a gap to score... He was ALOT more involved in actually setting up the trys than just running in support of one or 2...
Being a bit harsh I reckon...has still been creating momentum with bulldozing runs and hitting hard in defence...at the young ages of Schu and Guoc, consistency is a rare thing and they have it more than most seasoned players.
Anyways I reckon outside Tom, both Schu and Olakau'Atu will be up with DCE as Manly's players likely to create opportunities.....unfortunately but not suprisingly, seems Bellamy is well aware of his fact already.

Never fear folks....the go button will soon be pushed by Des. This is it people....unshackled shoosh and Guoc. Enjoy the crowning of 2 kids that will be talked about for the next 10 years.

Both to me have been very quiet lately. Schu has certainly been quiet and Haumole hasn't been taking the line on with vigor. The Storm will crowd Tom everywhere he goes so we will absolutely need others to step up. Haumole needs to be on the long run hitting up from the boundary fence and Schu needs to use those silky hands to create opportunities while Tom is being mugged. These two really need to stand up on Friday night and I expect they will and their efforts will be very very different to recent weeks. I think Des will have a number of plays aimed at using Tom as a decoy.
Usually 100% on big men coming from deep to hit the line at full tilt, but this is not always the best fit for Guoc....yes he is a big unit, but skillful and has explosive speed and agility, allowing him to get early ball at lower speed and pick his best option - which he often does with great effect, picking out the best line then exploding forward and either poking his nose through the line or trampling through the other side.
Same style as David Fifita who catches the ball quite static, then explodes and there was another player years ago who had similar qualities by the name of Gordon Tallis who also caught the ball at 60% - picked his action - then expoded....a rare ability that when used properly creates chaos and is unpredictable - exactly what we need.
You will notice by the time they hit the line, Guoc is near full speed, having this explosive attribute which other big men don't...its part of his game.

Last edited:
Crazy to consider that Haumole has probably outshone Schuster this year...all the talk has been about Josh's big future (for good reason) but his form has tapered a little and big Olakau'atu has exploded. He is dangerous like Kikau but I think he is even better because of his lower centre of gravity. He is thick through the middle but still tall. Kikau on the other hand, loses his feet a fair bit. It's also a great sight to see big Haumole wind up; he glides across the field. It was poetic and beautiful the way he set Jake up on the weekend.

Crazy to consider that Haumole has probably outshone Schuster this year...all the talk has been about Josh's big future (for good reason) but his form has tapered a little and big Olakau'atu has exploded. He is dangerous like Kikau but I think he is even better because of his lower centre of gravity. He is thick through the middle but still tall. Kikau on the other hand, loses his feet a fair bit. It's also a great sight to see big Haumole wind up; he glides across the field. It was poetic and beautiful the way he set Jake up on the weekend.
Another plus for Guac is that he keeps the defending left edge guessing a fair bit.
He’s working a good combo with Chez either running a crash line for a short ball or giving an option for a grubber through the line.
He’s definitely helped our right side defence too.

My only concerns about Schu and Guac are they both have a penchant for carrying the ball in one hand so are a target for getting stripped in the tackle.
The way the bunker is ruling these days they tend to rule against the ball carriers that go into the line looking to offload as a “loose carry”.

Usually 100% on big men coming from deep to hit the line at full tilt, but this is not always the best fit for Guoc....yes he is a big unit, but skillful and has explosive speed and agility, allowing him to get early ball at lower speed and pick his best option - which he often does with great effect, picking out the best line then exploding forward and either poking his nose through the line or trampling through the other side.
There was another player who had similar qualities by the name of Gordon Tallis who also caught the ball at 60% - picked his action - then expoded....a rare ability that when used properly creates chaos and is unpredictable - exactly what we need.
You will notice by the time they hit the line, Guoc is near full speed, having this explosive attribute which others don't...its part of his game.
Guac has basic physics up his sleeve .
If you have more weight and more velocity on your side.
9 times from 10 you will be crashing over that line from close range and one on one.
This guy is going to score a ton for us.

Guac has basic physics up his sleeve .
If you have more weight and more velocity on your side.
9 times from 10 you will be crashing over that line from close range and one on one.
This guy is going to score a ton for us.
The try he scored against the Raiders had a bit of David Fafita about it. He beat Jack Wighton too, who is a big body himself and notable defender.

Guaca and Schuster have done extremely well this season, both will go close to origin next season.

Best game I seen Schuster play was against the eels in the first game we played them this season, he got early ball in that game with some space.

Guaca has been enormous, we haven’t seen the best of him yet though, his game keeps improving in many ways.

They're both a threat which means opposing sides are having to work really hard and compress their defenses to try to shut them down. I think that's a fairly significant factor in why our back 3 have been so lethal.

The thing I love about our side is that almost every single player is a legitimate threat to the defensive line in one way or another. No plodders in this team!

The try he scored against the Raiders had a bit of David Fafita about it. He beat Jack Wighton too, who is a big body himself and notable defender.
Fifita is another great example of an agile , powerful backrower who does NOT catch the ball at full speed, in fact is often flat footed , then "Explodes" with his best option line after assessing the defenders in front....in fact he is the perfect example, but we are talking about possibly the hardest man along with Tom and Teddy to tackle in the game - all for different reasons

Never fear folks....the go button will soon be pushed by Des. This is it people....unshackled shoosh and Guoc. Enjoy the crowning of 2 kids that will be talked about for the next 10 years.
I hope so mate... Imo guac has been great the last month... Dangerous with the ball, scored some top trys, that assist to Jake would be on every highlight reel of the week if not for toms 2 brilliant trys... (Well, beating 9 players to the line is all Tom, but Garrick and DCE deserve the credit for the second try)

The schu is a weapon, and we need him to be to beat the storm imo.. we won't win relying on DCE to Tom... We need foz, DCE, Schuster and Jake to all be firing and ready to play the playmaker role and be dangerous all across the park... Imo it's the only way we win this one..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11