Manly back row 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Jake a given.
Thompson = yep
Sirro (next spot).

Lane
Winterstein
Paseka
Kelepi
Brown

*other options

You have it correct.
Jake
Thompson
Sirro

Jake and Thompson are 80 minute players so Winterstein will probably interchange with Sirro. It’s interesting if they have Brown on the bench and only go with two props.

Jake might go back into prop rotation seeing as we are a bit light on there.

Don’t forget jack gossie too
Are we too light with props ?. We have Kappow, Perrett, Lussick,AFB, Sipley Toafofoa. The huge 199cm tall Teniela Paseka is also a front rower .
Gossie is a Gun. He fires bullets of aggression . For those that have seen him in action will know what I mean.

Only proven props we have are Kapow, Lussick, AFB and Perrett. So we are one injury away from testing that depth. Sipley and TP are untried and only young - props in general take a while to warm into their role - hopefully they will be the exception. I think Tanginoa can go into the prop list, he is more middle forward than edge forward IMO.

Only proven props we have are Kapow, Lussick, AFB and Perrett. So we are one injury away from testing that depth. Sipley and TP are untried and only young - props in general take a while to warm into their role - hopefully they will be the exception. I think Tanginoa can go into the prop list, he is more middle forward than edge forward IMO.
You make a good point feathered friend .

Thought Tanginoa looked more the second rower type when he came on late last year? Fast for a big fella.

Jake a given.
Thompson = yep
Sirro (next spot).

Lane
Winterstein
Paseka
Kelepi
Brown

*other options

Have you seen Paseka? He is about 6 foot 6 and 125kg, a backrower he is not.

Tanginoa can play there though, nuggety prop/backrower.

I think our forward stocks are in order .

Our pack looks better on paper than last year. I think it is much better balanced across the middle, the edges look more potent, and our overall forward depth has improved significantly. The potential of this pack is pretty exciting, if all of the depth forwards step up and and play to their potential consistently. If that happens this pack could take us into the top four in 2018. Optimistic maybe but thats how I see it right now.

Have you seen Paseka? He is about 6 foot 6 and 125kg, a backrower he is not.

Tanginoa can play there though, nuggety prop/backrower.
I have seen Paseka and he has an Explosive short speed burst that would be a horrific site for halves defending on the edges....you think his height and size make him an auto front row selection - I don’t....not to say where he will play - just feel he is capable of creating havoc on the edges also as an option.

Our pack looks better on paper than last year. I think it is much better balanced across the middle, the edges look more potent, and our overall forward depth has improved significantly. The potential of this pack is pretty exciting, if all of the depth forwards step up and and play to their potential consistently. If that happens this pack could take us into the top four in 2018. Optimistic maybe but thats how I see it right now.
Yes mate those forwards should get us up field ok and we have plenty of strike power out wide . Top 4 maybe now we have secured Thompson and MAYBE carney , but im happy with Hastings and croker .

Baz has a tough decision on his hands. Will be interesting to see his choices between Goss and Siro. Thompson is a no brainer for that left edge and Frank is most likely to be pushed out of the starting 13 but will be a difficult choice for that right edge forward.

No doubt the forward line up and depth factor is looking good but very important for Lane , Sipley and Paseka in particular to take the next step up . Lane showed some glimpses last season , Paseka has all of the attributes and Sipley seems capable . Tanga will have a go , Frank and A F B and Perrett should be strong and reliable but important also obviously that the pack leaders Marty , Darcy , Jake , Thompsen ,Siro and A P I show the way and set the example .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7