Manly are Class Act, Sheens

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Joe Barton

12Jul07
Tigers coach Time Sheens says his team will have to be at its best to match Manly in their clash tomorrow night.

WESTS Tigers coach Tim Sheens declared his team will need to bring their ``A'' game if they hope to walk away from Brookvale Oval with a victory tomorrow night.

The four-time premiership winning coach also dismissed the Rugby League Week players' poll released yesterday that revealed Manly are the most over-rated team in the comp.

Despite the Tigers possessing one of the most potent attacks in the NRL, Sheens believes defence will be the key to a win against the high-flying Sea Eagles.

``Manly's A-game is better than our A-game and we won't beat them just in attack,'' Sheens told the Daily last night.

``We have to bring out an A-plus game in defence because we give up too many points in defence.

``Manly at Brookvale are always going to be very difficult to beat and that will be no different this Friday.''

Asked if he agreed with the players poll verdict Sheens said: ``You've got to be kidding.

``I don't know who wrote that but I don't think they know what they're talking about.

``Manly are going really well, they're a class act.

``I think we were rated the fourth softest pack in the comp as well (in the Sun-Herald poll the week before), so no, I don't take any notice of that.''

One player that Manly will need to contain is giant Kiwi Taniela Tuiaki.

``He's a strong kid and obviously hard to put down,'' Sheens said of his young charge.

``He doesn't hit the gaps like Steve Menzies, he is more interested in the Tongan sidestep - just running straight over the top of you.''

Brett Stewart, whose last-minute heroics snatched an unlikely win in the corresponding fixture last year, was expecting another tough game.

``Yeah, it'd be nice to get another try like that,'' the NSW fullback said. ``They're playing a good brand of footy so we're going to be in for a tough night no doubt.''

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2