Manly Are Back Oh Yeah!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roy Masters, isn't he dead yet!?
His great legacy, his great achievement is spreading hatred in this world. He seems extremely proud of this factor, whenever he talks about it. He makes no apologies for overtly manipulating people through emotional irrationality.

Curious use of a pretty high intellect, writing flair, ability to influence and a general high capability. Each to his own.

His great legacy, his great achievement is spreading hatred in this world. He seems extremely proud of this factor, whenever he talks about it. He makes no apologies for overtly manipulating people through emotional irrationality.

Curious use of a pretty high intellect, writing flair, ability to influence and a general high capability. Each to his own.
And he spent time in manly as a child, living there, someone must have bullied him.

And he spent time in manly as a child, living there, someone must have bullied him.
Masters made clear that he wanted to create an us v them attitude at Wests, to get the players motivated - riled and angry - and that Manly were seen as an easy target.

It started in the 1978 Melbourne preseason match against Manly where he encouraged his players to target Manly players with hits in backplay. Several Manly players were hospitalised after that game. They then extended the tactics to other teams with great success, and significant damage to the image of the game.

Eventually the ARL cracked down on Wests' thuggery. Suspensions for eye gouging and the like. And when Hartley proved himself capable of intimidating the intimidators, and pulling them into line, Hartley was promoted to top referee for the final series. The rest is history, legend and myth.

The article shows a gross mis-education of both the area of Manly through it's history and the recent history of NRL clubs; buying and selling players to a large extent more than Manly.

Funny how the article title was changed to make it more provocative, yet the majority of 'rival fans' opinions are different to that of that authors.

What do you expect, she comes from covering country Group Nine RL -

It's disappointing isn't it, that this myth keeps getting perpetuated by the media.

Now we have a junior hack stepping up to the plate.

It doesn't worry me that other fans hate us, most of them not knowing why ( just being educated that they have to) but gee it is 2015 and not 1978 any longer.

Funny how the article title was changed to make it more provocative, yet the majority of 'rival fans' opinions are different to that of that authors
That was the biggest surprise for me, fans from other clubs basically acknowledging that the article was bull****.

It's disappointing isn't it, that this myth keeps getting perpetuated by the media.

Now we have a junior hack stepping up to the plate.

It doesn't worry me that other fans hate us, most of them not knowing why ( just being educated that they have to) but gee it is 2015 and not 1978 any longer.
I watched my first live Manly matches in the mid to late 70's and then through the 80's. The obsession with this awesome team was entrenched. In all honesty as a kid the negative press about Manly used to upset me a bit and made me fiercely defensive for my team and probably increased my one-eyedness.
As a grown up I don't give a flying rats what people think about Manly - just makes me realise the amount of people who are blindly influenced by rehashed articles about things they personally know nothing about. The media creates heroes and villains and the masses believe what they're told. Dumb-arses!
Manly is the thinking person's football team.
I proudly flaunt my Manlyness everywhere.
Go Manly! Always!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7