Manly and Offloaded Players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Since the end of last season Manly have offloaded several big signings (though they were under contract:

Sam Harris left despite being contracted - to the Tigers.
Ashley Alberts was released.
Kane Cleal left despite being contracted - to Souths
Daniel Heckenberg left despite being contracted - to England
Mitch Creary left for business reasons - though he has returned due to shortage of backs.

To my knowledge we have not made any big-name signings to replace any players.

This begs the question: Were we under salary cap pressure or are we off-loading non-wanted talent in order to save up for some big time future savings??

We can only speculate - though obviously Bell and Orford are big name signings.

Any clues???

You didn't mention any big signings.

As to:

"This begs the question: Were we under salary cap pressure or are we off-loading non-wanted talent in order to save up for some big time future savings??"

My guess is both.

do you remember when they released a few of those players last year, everyone was saynig they must be freeing up cash for orford etc, see a pattern this year?

do you remember when they released a few of those players last year, everyone was saynig they must be freeing up cash for orford etc, see a pattern this year?

We're struggling to keep them under the cap with Orford's oddly structured deal?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4