Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So back on topic , does anyone think the club knows a bit more about the Fainu situation than any of us numnuts do , because signing a player who you know won’t be able to play for another year ( assuming they think he’ll win) whilst not having a recognised first grade hooker as a backup ( not even one ) seems like the craziest decision I’ve seen from recruitment in years !!

Oh sure I get the “ loyalty card” but there’s loyalty and there just bad decisions , and I’m
leaning towards this being potentially one of those .

Yeah I know , Foran to 9, BUT we all know his body won’t handle it , so we have a rotation of Foran & Croker , which I’m sure is going to put the fear of god into opposition teams ( or should I say put the look of glee).

IMO Fainu is potentially the best 9 behind Cam Smith .
I believe he is potentially our best Manly 9 ever in terms of individual brilliance .
As far as ego goes it is hard to be humble when you are as great as Fainu is . So he can be excused for that .
Lets not forget he is still a young fellow that is chasing fillies ;)
the ego I was referring to is the gang leader one

It makes complete sense Mark.

If we don’t sign him, others can approach him and if he gets off, we lose him.

If we sign him and he gets off, we get him cheap.

If we sign him and he gets charged, contract null and void.

It’s a win win situation to re-sign him on unders.

The club gets dispensation for him being stood down so the club isn’t disadvantaged. I think it has zero to do with loyalty and all to do with the potential of him getting off. He’s a superstar in the making in the 9 jersey. You don’t let them go.

Yes it's a real smart play from our recruitment guys so well done to them. Does anyone know what the new amount is that he is signed up to?

“Reports suggest the Titans and Bulldogs were among teams that had expressed their interest in signing the 22-year-old once he becomes a free agent at the end of the 2021 season.

The Tongan international wants to repay the Sea Eagles for standing by him and has agreed to a contract extension, costing him up to $300,000 a season.”

Hopefully that gets him locked up at Manly.....not Silverwater!!! From what I understand, I think there are good odds of that happening. Fingers crossed for the young guy.

the ego I was referring to is the gang leader one
Thats it feathered friend !!!
That is what we were missing in our pack this season
A Gang Leader to intimidate and get on top of the opposition .
Our Boys have been too tame . We need some Manly mafia in our Maroon Jersey
The sooner we get Fainu the Godfather back the better .
1200px-The_Godfather_movie_logo.png

Thats it feathered friend !!!
That is what we were missing in our pack this season
A Gang Leader to intimidate and get on top of the opposition .
Our Boys have been too tame . We need some Manly mafia in our Maroon Jersey
The sooner we get Fainu the Godfather back the better .
View attachment 15776

You are losing me BOZO ...

I think you're talking this idea of Fainu having bad defence into your head. After reading that it sounds like he is a lazy slob that constantly gets ragdolled in the middle, letting in try after try and linebreak after linebreak. Our middle defence (and defence as a whole) was great last year. It was a lot better than every Trent Barrett/Api Koroisau year before it! Pretty sure Api missed the most tackles in our squad and perhaps even in the whole nrl in years like 2018?

Fainu is a playmaker that delivers crisp service, but importantly, in the right places as he has a good vision around the ruck and feel for the game. Api was off the field for 15 or so minutes last night and Penrith kept ticking on because they are a team filled with playmakers, so Api most of the time just needs to provide good attacking runs out of dummy half (his main strength) to target markers that aren't square and break down the ruck. Off the back of that the halves link the backline and players like Kikau.

He didn't work for us in the sense that we lack playmakers so whenever we hit form it was off offloads and jinking runs. That's great to watch, although is very inconsistent and fell apart in big games. We had no fallback except in 2017 when Green and DCE formed a relatively good partnership.

Fainu was outperforming Api significantly in 2019 with his vision, passing game and also his running game (which is so similar to Api's). Often when he wasn't on the field and Api was on for his stint we lost some sharpness in our attack. We had a choice of who to keep, and we kept the better dummy half. Api works at penrith as he doesn't have to worry about a lack of speed or a lack of playmakers. All api has to do is create momentum. If you put Fainu in the Panther's 9 jersey they'd be the same. They kept winning comfortably when api was injured mid-season. Fainu's stand-down stuffed us, that's all that's wrong with this choice

I know you were fishing for a reaction so here are a few 2018 statistics for you young Harry ....

Brian Kelly was the only Manly player in the NRL top 50 missed tackles
Api had the highest average for missed tackles in Manly and the 12th highest in the NRL
Jake had the highest tackle average in Manly 42.0/game (6th best in NRL)
Api was next best 41.2 (8th best in NRL)
Manase was 38.3 (16th best)

I loved having Manase and Api both playing for us ... as an allround value for money player on and off field I would pick Api ... I will be super stoked if Manase comes back and plays as well or b3etter than he dide before and does not cost us more lost game time and cap $$$ from dumb arse gangsta bullsh*t

Last edited:
Thats life my feathered friend
Along lifes journey we win some and we lose some
And as soon as we realize and accept this fact we dont get disappointed or upset ;)

I didn't say I was either of those feathered friend

I know you were fishing for a reaction so here are a few 2018 statistics for you young Harry ....

Api had the highest average for missed tackles in Manly and the 12th highest in the NRL
Api was next best 42.0 (8th best in NRL)

I loved having Manase and Api both playing for us ... as an allround value for money player on and off field I would pick Api ... I will be super stoked if Manase comes back and plays as well or b3etter than he dide before and does not cost us more lost game time and cap $$$ from dumb arse gangsta bullsh*t
Speaking of Gangsters
This is an other GANG STAR that we are missing in our pack
download (6).jpg

Api was next best 41.2 (8th best in NRL)

Agree hate the gangster bull****, it's so hard to not cringe at the little hand signs and the Gucci hats w/ branded shoes, branded tops, branded pants. That's one thing I don't like about Fainu at all. Surely by the time he retires (supposing he gets free from the charges) at age 35 or whatever he will be past this phase. Surely?

Anyways, as for what I see first hand, and putting those stats in perspective, I'd rather Fainu make 38 tackles a game, yet miss less than Api does. Sure he makes 3 more tackles a game on average but that isn't all that exciting and probably is a little distorted by their average game time. So 50/50 on defence. I don't think either are horrible by any strech in that regard although do think Api is less consistent, pulling off awesome one-on-one tackles but slacking at times. Personally I vote Fainu in that department, but when it comes to attacking structure and all-round attack i'd say hands down Fainu. As for off-field as we've established Fainu is a little concerning (same w/ Suli) and definitely Api takes the cake there.

Fair enough to vote Api as the all-round better influence, but if we want results i'd have to say we try sort through Fainu's off-field problems and get him in a place to play some footy in the 9 jersey.

What a legend he was. One of the hardest men from the hardest era of league. Rambo Gibbs was the closest match I've seen to Igor, just not as hard. Would love either right now.
The great thing about our Legendary premiership winning players is that they were not only respected for how great they were . They also instilled fear and insecurity into the opposition with their brutalness , unpredictable skill and the speed to kill that turned half breaks into full length tries .

Last edited:
The best by a mile !! Tough and best defender I have ever seen !! What a player
Igor was a great dominant player and he was surrounded by a team of dominant players.
Not all were big name players but they were big game contributors
Players that all contributed and made an impact as soon as they filled in and not drop balls and drop off tackles and capitulate.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4