Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep, I'm done with Fainu. This gangsta stuff and his 'liking' Hoppa's vitriol tops it right off.
Guilty or not another year without him, whilst still having to pay him and using cap space for nothing in return, is a year too long. Not worth waiting for.
I thought we did get some cap exemption with the 'no fault stand down policy'.

I'm not going to crucify Manase for liking a post. Kids do it automatically these days, it's not like he made a statement supporting John Hoppa.
I'll wait til he is judged by the courts, til then I support him as the club is doing.
As for the gangsta stuff again I won't crucify him. He is young and makes bad choices, but probably does not know any different. Hopefully if is proven innocent players like Thommo can guide him into maturity.

Last edited:
I'm not going to crucify Manase for liking a post. Kids do it automatically these days, it's not like he made a statement supporting John Hoppa.
I'll wait til he is judged by the courts, til then I support his as the club is doing.
As for the gangsta stuff again I won't crucify him. He is young and makes bad choices, but probably does not know any different. Hopefully if is proven innocent players like Thommo can guide him into maturity.
Further to this doesn’t manaise have cognitive functioning issues? Possible intellectual impairment. I think this was used in his defence over the sex video charge.

Further to this doesn’t manaise have cognitive functioning issues? Possible intellectual impairment. I think this was used in his defence over the sex video charge.
Good point too.
I don't like to write someone off without hearing from them.

If he is not guilty, and does nothing wrong for the next ten years?

You know for all the good will towards the kid he may have actually done it you know. This isn't anything like the Brett Stewart case in that he was accused by 1 other person of xxxxx. He was drunk , she was a lier and it was a set up. He said she said. Yes it was an NRL fick up but thats where the similarities could possibly end.

In this case you have someone who could have died. Was stabbed. Apparently there are witnesses. No one else has been put forward or come forward.

look at it this way. Given MF has the potential to earn a lot of money over the next 15 years you would think one of his 'brothers from different mothers' who may or may not have history may be willing to step forward and take a rap for repayment in kind. That sounds cold I know but don't you find it strange that no one else is in the frame for this?

I hate to say it but from a general public point of view ( not one eyed silvertail supporters) he looks guilty as charged. Sure we all hope not but let's be realistic.

I think this probably needs to be filed under your other thread about being surrounded by BS. There are a ton of assumptions i here mate.

Which one did you pen first ?

Just an observation, not hassling

The standown rule is wrong. I've discussed my point of view several times before.
I am awaiting the De Belin case. He has been unable to play for two seasons and has always maintained his innocence. It's also cost him a lot of money in legal fees.
Now, if he receives a favourable outcome in his trial how will the NRL react? There will be a huge backlash against the rule.

Looks guilty as charged?

Do we need to bump the Brett threads?

A couple of things

1. I was not there nor have I read the detailed case information therefore I do not feel qualified to judge / comment on the case (I am not even sure there has been enough information to the public at this point?) He might be guilty, he might not but how anyone can make a definitive judgement is beyond me
2. The no fault stand down rule, much like the draft, will last until the first player who is stood down and is then found innocent takes legal action. In all these cases it is very difficult for the NRL to get it right, if not impossible to have a blanket rule. As I have said many times in the past the only way to handle these issues would be independently and transparently (if that is possible at all)
3. People wanting him to go from social media likes and profile? Because that is always an accurate representation of a person etc

You have just increased my perception of self worth and increased my serotonin levels (part of the reason why people create a social media "version" of themselves...and maybe one thing that people in my industry tend to manipulate)

"It's complicated"

Ok, that's enough ge. I don't want to take the focus away from your valid points raised.

Looks guilty as charged?

Do we need to bump the Brett threads?

A couple of things

1. I was not there nor have I read the detailed case information therefore I do not feel qualified to judge / comment on the case (I am not even sure there has been enough information to the public at this point?) He might be guilty, he might not but how anyone can make a definitive judgement is beyond me
2. The no fault stand down rule, much like the draft, will last until the first player who is stood down and is then found innocent takes legal action. In all these cases it is very difficult for the NRL to get it right, if not impossible to have a blanket rule. As I have said many times in the past the only way to handle these issues would be independently and transparently (if that is possible at all)
3. People wanting him to go from social media likes and profile? Because that is always an accurate representation of a person etc
The point I was trying to make is that the MF case is far removed from Brett's case in the material details.
I would say JDB's case is more like snakes as in its a straight accusation of a crime from one party to another.
MF it appears has been fingered by a number of witnesses where a man WAS stabbed. You know someone who brings a blade and regardless of if they mean it or not attempt to murder someone.
As for making assumptions everything I mentioned has been said in this very thread by other many times.
Choose to side with whoever you like but if the kid is proven guilty the roasting and vilification directed his way from this site will be epic.

The point I was trying to make is that the MF case is far removed from Brett's case in the material details.
I would say JDB's case is more like snakes as in its a straight accusation of a crime from one party to another.
MF it appears has been fingered by a number of witnesses where a man WAS stabbed. You know someone who brings a blade and regardless of if they mean it or not attempt to murder someone.
As for making assumptions everything I mentioned has been said in this very thread by other many times.
Choose to side with whoever you like but if the kid is proven guilty the roasting and vilification directed his way from this site will be epic.

My point is that I can not choose a side at the moment and learnt from the Brett trial etc to not do that.

If he is guilty then he should not be in the game for a long time

You have just increased my perception of self worth and increased my serotonin levels (part of the reason why people create a social media "version" of themselves...and maybe one thing that people in my industry tend to manipulate)
It works with smiley face speed limit signs. When it's in the yellow slow down, you'll get the green smiley face.@:)

Fainu’s case is set down for July 2021. It is anticipated to go for 3 weeks. Which all but rules him out for all of next season. Whether he’s guilty or not, he’s let the club down horrendously. Until we put a class hooker out on the field we are cannon fodder. Levi is hopeless. So is Crocker. And Cust is the new Craig Field. He’s headless.

Manly extend Fainu's contract despite player facing trial
Adrian Proszenko
By Adrian Proszenko
September 16, 2020 — 5.49pm

Manly have re-signed Manase Fainu for a further two years in a huge show of faith given the earliest return date for the troubled star is in July of next year.
The NRL suspended Fainu indefinitely under its "no fault" stand-down policy after he was hit with multiple charges after allegedly stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance last October. The Sea Eagles hooker is pleading not guilty and will stand trial in July.
Manase Fainu is fighting to clear his name.

Manase Fainu is fighting to clear his name.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS
Despite the seriousness of the allegations – and the fact he would have been sidelined regardless this season due to a serious shoulder injury – rival clubs have been circling for his signature. The Titans and Bulldogs are among the teams to have expressed an interest in acquiring his services once he becomes a free agent at the end of 2021.
However, Fainu wants to repay the Sea Eagles for standing by him and has agreed to a contract extension, even though it has cost him up to $300,000 a season.

"I’m very grateful for what they have done for me with the position I am in now," Fainu told the Herald. "Loyalty is big for me. If you’re loyal to me, I’ll be loyal back to you.
"Fingers crossed that [I am exonerated], I want to beat this charge.
"I don’t know when I get to play but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I just want to get out there with the boys."
Fainu thanked Manly CEO Stephen Humphreys and recruiter Scott Fulton for all the support they had provided while his career has been in the balance. However, the 22-year-old made particular mention of coach Des Hasler.
After being charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company, Fainu spent two weeks behind bars. Hasler was constantly in contact throughout the ordeal and even visited the Tongan international.

"All the guards looked when Des came in and I got a bit more respect when I was inside," he said.
"I’m grateful to Des. Other clubs offered me more money. I just wanted to give back to Des for what he has done.
"He saw me when I was in prison and I want to play with my brothers one day."
Fainu has been earmarked as a future Blues player and siblings Sione, 19, Sam, 16 and Latu, 15, are also contracted to Manly.
Humphreys was hopeful the quartet would fulfil their dream of one day playing in the NRL together.

"We have agreed a new contract for Manase for 2022-3," Humphreys said. "If he is cleared of that, he would be available towards the end of next year.

Manly extend Fainu's contract despite player facing trial
Adrian Proszenko
By Adrian Proszenko
September 16, 2020 — 5.49pm

Manly have re-signed Manase Fainu for a further two years in a huge show of faith given the earliest return date for the troubled star is in July of next year.
The NRL suspended Fainu indefinitely under its "no fault" stand-down policy after he was hit with multiple charges after allegedly stabbing a man at a Mormon church dance last October. The Sea Eagles hooker is pleading not guilty and will stand trial in July.
Manase Fainu is fighting to clear his name.

Manase Fainu is fighting to clear his name.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS
Despite the seriousness of the allegations – and the fact he would have been sidelined regardless this season due to a serious shoulder injury – rival clubs have been circling for his signature. The Titans and Bulldogs are among the teams to have expressed an interest in acquiring his services once he becomes a free agent at the end of 2021.
However, Fainu wants to repay the Sea Eagles for standing by him and has agreed to a contract extension, even though it has cost him up to $300,000 a season.

"I’m very grateful for what they have done for me with the position I am in now," Fainu told the Herald. "Loyalty is big for me. If you’re loyal to me, I’ll be loyal back to you.
"Fingers crossed that [I am exonerated], I want to beat this charge.
"I don’t know when I get to play but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. I just want to get out there with the boys."
Fainu thanked Manly CEO Stephen Humphreys and recruiter Scott Fulton for all the support they had provided while his career has been in the balance. However, the 22-year-old made particular mention of coach Des Hasler.
After being charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, affray and recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company, Fainu spent two weeks behind bars. Hasler was constantly in contact throughout the ordeal and even visited the Tongan international.

"All the guards looked when Des came in and I got a bit more respect when I was inside," he said.
"I’m grateful to Des. Other clubs offered me more money. I just wanted to give back to Des for what he has done.
"He saw me when I was in prison and I want to play with my brothers one day."
Fainu has been earmarked as a future Blues player and siblings Sione, 19, Sam, 16 and Latu, 15, are also contracted to Manly.
Humphreys was hopeful the quartet would fulfil their dream of one day playing in the NRL together.

"We have agreed a new contract for Manase for 2022-3," Humphreys said. "If he is cleared of that, he would be available towards the end of next year.

Great attitude By Manase

Great work Manly Sea eagles

Great attitude By Manase

Great work Manly Sea eagles
We’ll see how well that loyalty holds up if he is cleared in court and at the end of that new contract.Fair chance we’ll hear the predictable “I have to look after my family first and recoup the money I lost during the court case and the offer from(insert cashed out teams name here)was too good to refuse

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4