Manase Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fainu is gone, he ain't playing NRL again and almost for sure not for Manly.
Anyone know how that works with his contract? I assume Manly are paying him now but when can they cut him loose?
I know I’ll regret asking this, but here goes what special knowledge do you have to be so unequivocal In ascertaining Fainu will never play NRL again and almost certainly not for Manly?

This report states that Justice Stephen Rothman said:
“As close to murder as you can get,”.....

In the dim, dark past I used to cover courts for a newspaper and this statement doesn't ring true to me. Why would a magistrate hearing a bail application form such a view without any real evidence being given? It sounds prejudicial.
Now, if the Police Prosecutor had made the statement I could understand it. The Prosecutor will make untested claims in these early hearings just to make the charge seem more serious and make the bail application harder to obtain.
He is not a magistrate he is a Supreme court Judge, and probably one you would prefer to appear in front of if you had the choice, when seeking Supreme Court bail.
He granted the bail, and the comment was no doubt simply to reinforce to Fainu, in case he was in any doubt, that the allegations are extremely serious so he'd better obey his bail conditions to the letter. What he said will not be any part of the trial.

OK my bad, i have no inside knowledge, just applying common sense.
This is not a he said/she said case, he has been charged with multiple identifying witnesses. He will be found guilty. He will likely end up in jail, or regardless get some form of punishment. NRL will deregister him. When he gets out he will unlikey be registered by the NRL if he can still even play.
Only the most optimistic Manly fan thinks he is coming back to the team.
Ok well that’s it then no need to investigate further .
Mods can we close the thread it’s case closed.
Des start looking for another hooker
Crusher get up to QLD and recruit someone anyone
Wayne release a statement Fainu is guilty no need for trial or evidence testing
Witnesses can go home no need to appear
Lastly
Evidence Department you can throw away the alleged bloody knife (if it exists)with whomevers fingerprints are on it and discard the alleged grainy video shot in the half dark that no one has seen
Thanks Jimbo ur scalpel like legal de construction of the case has saved us all a lot of time and energy .I say that sincerely,and I’m always sincere even if I don’t mean it.
Good day sir !!

Well said Mark. Not sure if it happens with every generation but I'm super glad that I'm in my fifties and not in my twenties or even younger now. It all seems like such a superficial and, at the same time, brutal society.

YOUR"RE IN YOUR ****EN FIFTIES ! .... hahaha ... just kidding you youngster ...

Jimmy I’d like to refer you to the Brett Stewart case where in everyone’s eyes he was as guilty as sin , bound for at least 10-15 years in goal for raping a teenager after a drunken night out at the season launch.

The media were like rabbid dogs, the NRL fined the club ( I think $400k but maybe it was less) and banned Brett from playing ( forget the exact suspension but 8 weeks springs to mind) and took him off the season launch promotional TV advertisement.

David Gallop was like a dog with a bone, he was guilty guilty and guilty before he was even tried.

And if you are indeed a Manly supporter and not a troll you’ll know it was a set up and the jury unanimously agreed ( in a record 7 minutes).

Some of the jurors lined up outside the court to watch him walk out, some visibly crying that this young man could go through such an experience.

You may well in fact be right BUT every Australian deserves the presumption of innocence before their day in court and your opinion really doesn’t matter Jack ****.

PS: I don’ t bet on football games not court cases.

Silvertails finest hour ( in my opinion).
Fully agree. That bloke went above and beyond in the Brett saga.
I am relying on those on here with law degrees, or at least a very good handle of the law, regarding MF (hmmm, maybe not use his initials.)
I am not going to name names, as I’m afraid in true lawyer style, they will
start sending billable rates to me.:sweating::p

I am not going to name names, as I’m afraid in true lawyer style, they will
start sending billable rates to me.:sweating::p

Reminds me of the "House" episode where a lawyer walks into House's office and asks:

"Are you house?"

H: "Er yep."

L(awyer): Did you use my name and firm to send a letter to someone?

H: Er...yep.

L: Well here's a bill for $400 and if you do it again I'll sue you! ~walks off~

OK my bad, i have no inside knowledge, just applying common sense.
This is not a he said/she said case, he has been charged with multiple identifying witnesses. He will be found guilty. He will likely end up in jail, or regardless get some form of punishment. NRL will deregister him. When he gets out he will unlikey be registered by the NRL if he can still even play.
Only the most optimistic Manly fan thinks he is coming back to the team.
Any chance you can give me tomorrows Gold Lotto numbers from that crystal (common sense) ball you have Jimmy?

Jimmy I’d like to refer you to the Brett Stewart case where in everyone’s eyes he was as guilty as sin , bound for at least 10-15 years in goal for raping a teenager after a drunken night out at the season launch.

The media were like rabbid dogs, the NRL fined the club ( I think $400k but maybe it was less) and banned Brett from playing ( forget the exact suspension but 8 weeks springs to mind) and took him off the season launch promotional TV advertisement.

David Gallop was like a dog with a bone, he was guilty guilty and guilty before he was even tried.

And if you are indeed a Manly supporter and not a troll you’ll know it was a set up and the jury unanimously agreed ( in a record 7 minutes).

Some of the jurors lined up outside the court to watch him walk out, some visibly crying that this young man could go through such an experience.

You may well in fact be right BUT every Australian deserves the presumption of innocence before their day in court and your opinion really doesn’t matter Jack ****.

PS: I don’ t bet on football games not court cases.
You bet on football, yet you put Brett Stewart in goal for 15 years ? @:D

He is not a magistrate he is a Supreme court Judge, and probably one you would prefer to appear in front of if you had the choice, when seeking Supreme Court bail.
He granted the bail, and the comment was no doubt simply to reinforce to Fainu, in case he was in any doubt, that the allegations are extremely serious so he'd better obey his bail conditions to the letter. What he said will not be any part of the trial.
Yeah, the problem I have there SeR8 is it has been said. They can instruct jurors or those involved in the trial to not take it into account, but once words have been uttered in a public forum, it is very unlikely that ppl will forget them. If anything, it will jog their memory if they had forgotten what a Supreme Court judge had said. Just my opinion.

Ok well that’s it then no need to investigate further .
Mods can we close the thread it’s case closed.
Des start looking for another hooker
Crusher get up to QLD and recruit someone anyone
Wayne release a statement Fainu is guilty no need for trial or evidence testing
Witnesses can go home no need to appear
Lastly
Evidence Department you can throw away the alleged bloody knife (if it exists)with whomevers fingerprints are on it and discard the alleged grainy video shot in the half dark that no one has seen
Thanks Jimbo ur scalpel like legal de construction of the case has saved us all a lot of time and energy .I say that sincerely,and I’m always sincere even if I don’t mean it.
Good day sir !!
As an avid student of the wit of sarcasm , I bow too you Sir. Top shelf.@:D

3 people are going to point at Fainu
Depends on the witnesses. If they are members of a rival gang, maybe their testimony won't stand up in court.

Personally, I will give Manase the benefit of the doubt until a case is proven against him. It will be a shame if his career is cut short, both for the game and the Sea Eagles.

Going forward, hopefully, he will be part of several Sea Eagles premiership winning teams.

I hope your right but there' s something very unconvincing about his lawyer's statement

“Our position is, and always has been, that our client is innocent. We will, in the course of time, fight these charges when they go to trial. We will push for a [trial date] as soon as possible.”

I somehow think if they had a real defence they would be giving it plenty of air time in the media whenever they could

Im no lawyer but I doubt that’s the case either , you’d shut up and say nothing.

By the way I’m not saying he’s not guilty I’m simply saying until proven otherwise he can claim the presumption of innocence.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8