Mal Reilly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Interesting to see that Zorba's column indicates that Mal Reilly intends to settle in Newcastle.

There was very strong mail last year that Reilly would be the man to replace Hasler as coach should he not produce the goods.

Where there is smoke..............

Mal would have a lot of friends in Newcastle.

There are rumours that Mal will return to coach there as well. The Manly ones seemed to be wishful thinking.

I have a lot of resepct for Mal Reilly. He always seemed to get the best out of his players, and we all know where he took them in '97.

If Des Hasler can't produce a consistent, competative team in 2006, I would be very surprised indeed. If not, I'd like to see either Brian Smith, or Tim Sheens given the nod.

Des has a lot of positives though.

Fitness Regime
Professionalism
Commitment
Goal Oriented
Upholds Privacy
Realist
Loyal

to name a few, but like every coach, I believe he has some flaws, and they are

Communication
lack of Willingness to change

Ok - now I have given some criticisms, so rather than just blurt it out, I thought I'd give specific examples

Communication:- Captaincy, Michael Monaghan, Chad Randall, Sam Harris, player purchases, positional play...to name a few

lack of Willingness to change:- Walker from fullback to 5/8, Jason Kings consistent inclusion, Mullane at 1/2 back, Stephenson's inclusion (at times), Harris being played when injured to name a few...

It's a big ol year for our Dessy...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4