Makes Me Sick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Booted out

By JOSH MASSOUD

May 24, 2006

SHARKS rugby league star Tevita Latuv last night paid the ultimate price for allegedly punching a teenage girl in the face – his football career.

Latu was sacked by the Sharks after a 10-minute board meeting unanimously determined his two-year deal be torn up.

The Kiwi International's sacking came on the same day he was charged with assault after 19-year-old Brooke Peninton suffered a broken nose during an incident on Monday.

Emerging from the meeting outside Cronulla Leagues club, Latu declined to publicly apologise to Ms Peninton on advise of his barrister.

"I just wanted to say sorry to my team mates for letting them down," he told reporters.

"I don't kknow what the future holds for me."

Cronulla's move effectively de-registers Latu from playing rugby league in Australia.

The NRL last night said it would refuse to re-register him "for an extended period", but it is understood only extraordinary circumstances will convince the league to welcome him back.

Latu is the third player to be banned by the NRL, after Julian O'Neill and Dane Tilse.

His chances of resuming his career overseas also appear to be over because of an

agreement between international league bodiesto acknowledge bans world-wide.

Sharks CEO Greg Pirece yesterday agreed to compensate Ms peninton for her medical expenses and loss of earnings.

Latu will face Sutherland Local Court on June 15 charged with one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

This is where the law is an ass. He can apologise to his team mates but not to the victim.

We may not hear the full story - whether he propositioned her, made unwelcome advances or whether she did something to upset him. However the action of the club and league indicates he is certainly culpable yet he can't bring himsellf to say sorry. Pathetic!!!!

Congratulations must be given to sharks management for taking to right decision so promtly.

He is in illustrious company with Tilse and O'Neil.

It is a pity the bulldogs management don't act in the same manner.

Apparently the girl was stalking him , not that its right for him to whack her, maybe that is why no appology to her was forthcoming, a post from napper on wss below

Not trying to say it makes it any better although this was the case in the Latu incident

Mate of mine was out with Latu and a few cronulla/dogs players i wont name.

This chick hassles Latu wherever he goes, sitting on his lap, trying to hook up with him and just doesn't leave him alone. He explained to her he wasn't interested and she kept hassling him. She followed Latu, my mate and a few other players out of the pub, then to the BP in Cronulla where the incident happened.

She was there, Trying to talk to Latu and he said \"leave me alone etc...\" He then started throwing chips at her and telling her to go away. She said \"Grow Up\" and pushed him in the face. He then hit her.

Not that it makes it any better, but you can see how frustrated players must get. The media makes him out to be a nutcase who belts women for nothing, yes he belted this chick, But she wouldn't leave him alone. People just dont get the picture. He's a still moron for hitting her. And he deserves his punishment. Was starting to get his career back on track. Stupidity

Linda and I saw this last night and were both disgusted. A despicable and low act!

Never hit a woman. Plain and simple. I can see how frustratng it would have been, he should have just pissed on her.

I saw a photo of her on the news at some bikini parade. I would have just drilled then sent her packing

The story goes she was with a not so well known bulldogs player outside the BP.. she was mentioning how the sharks had been beaten earlier that day and then Latu began throwing chips at her... she had enough walked over and got up him then pushed him and latu went "crack"...

I think it's a bit rough to be thrown out of the game for common assault. Seems to me I read a few years ago that one of our illustrious and favourite sons was out belting his ex at Double bay and also whacked an ABC journo at the same time. No ripping up his contract. Do you get sacked if caught belting a bloke? No, seems sexist to me. Apologise, cop the time or the cost and get on with it.

I don't think the club booted him out for the act as such... it's the dragging down of the clubs "brand" that would be ****ting them off.... i can't blame them really.

I don't know how many clubs would want to have "girl basher" banners spread all over their home ground by supporters... especially infront of sponsors and what not.

i would have hit her , definately just in a different way.
Sexy little thing.

hehhe
i remember at school we used to talk about the 3 fs
Find em
F##K em
Forget em

that would have been my advice to Latu

Interesting to see what would have been done with Latu if he were one of the rat pack of up and coming superstars hey?

I wonder if it would have been all hushed up and swept under the carpet like it was for a few "superstars" of Bulldog persuasion in Coffs Harbour?

After all, you can't tarnish your most marketable players and adversly affect the bottom line, can you?

Interesting to see what would have been done with Latu if he were one of the rat pack of up and coming superstars hey?

I wonder if it would have been all hushed up and swept under the carpet like it was for a few \"superstars\" of Bulldog persuasion in Coffs Harbour?

After all, you can't tarnish your most marketable players and adversly affect the bottom line, can you?
some do get away with it

look at the repeat offender groper gower

they have double standards and lesser players do get made scapegoats
Daniel Tilse from canberra is a perfect example when the knaughts sacked him

I think your right mata!!

Did anyone see how Matt Utai has a contrary conduct charge for throwing one punch in the blew on sunday??

SBW started the bloody fight threw about a dozen punches and is right to go!! :~? :~?

I heard that he hit her because she refused to wear a sheepskin rug.

I think your right mata!!

Did anyone see how Matt Utai has a contrary conduct charge for throwing one punch in the blew on sunday??

SBW started the bloody fight threw about a dozen punches and is right to go!! :~? :~?

thats because he ran to join in a fight that was already in progress therefore inflaming the situation more.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4