Main Observation from last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
so besides
  • refereee Gee being a flog
  • poor moses and jetgronk should never been seen in a manly nrl jersey again.

one thing stood out.
We knew we would miss the human freak turbo and no matter how hard Rubes tried hes a great winger and just a solid fullback.

It goes without sayiny we all knew that we knew we would
miss turbo.

The thing that it rammed home is also how under rated our captain is. God we missed cherry almost as much as tom.

no matter how hard walker and then cust tried they just couldnt get Saab the quailty ball hes been getting.

IF cherry plays last night and we win that game but before anyone is saying i put chez ahead of tommy, it’s not the case at all. But we can be competitive without one of them but with them both gone we are well back in the pack.

Also shout out to Walker i thought him and foran in well beaten team busted the asses all night.

While i dont like some of walkers off field stuff football wise i think hes a smart re-signing.

I lost you the moment you said rubes is a solid fullback. No idea out back i would have rather seen walker at fb cust 7 garrick on the wing Parker centre then maybe we would have had a chance.
i was being respectful to the bloke.

I dont have the first grade coaching record Des has but i would have played Morgan at fullback and walker at centre.

the one shining light from that tigers trial was Morgan at fullback.

The Raiders won that game off the back of ridiculously lopsided possession. The rot started when Keppie gave away a completely pointless 6 again on the 5th tackle and continued when he dropped the ball at the start of the second half.

If we hold the ball we win that match, even with the terrible individual performances we had. Most of the really dumb stuff in the second half was Dylan Walker playing jungle ball to try to score tries we hadn't earned the right to score. They were defending terribly because they were totally gassed. When we knuckled down and played actual footy we scored 2 tries in 10 minutes.

I'm not worried about that result moving forward. It was just a bad game.

I don't think the ref played much of a part in the result.
I do feel that the Bunker's call of a no try to Parker was wrong. The ref ruled it a try and the touch judge concurred as it looked like a try in normal speed. The Bunker should never be able to slow down the play because it distorts what the eyes see. All reviews should be in real speed. And why is it only tries that are scrutinised in slow-mo? If the NRL wants the "perfect" decisions made every time then every second of every match should be reviewed in slow-mo.
The Bunker is a blight on the sport. For them to be able to split hairs via a video feed -- and not be able to rule on obvious forward passes -- is laughable.

I don't think the ref played much of a part in the result.
I do feel that the Bunker's call of a no try to Parker was wrong. The ref ruled it a try and the touch judge concurred as it looked like a try in normal speed. The Bunker should never be able to slow down the play because it distorts what the eyes see. All reviews should be in real speed. And why is it only tries that are scrutinised in slow-mo? If the NRL wants the "perfect" decisions made every time then every second of every match should be reviewed in slow-mo.
The Bunker is a blight on the sport. For them to be able to split hairs via a video feed -- and not be able to rule on obvious forward passes -- is laughable.
I've seen plenty of very similar tries given this season, seems there's no consistency applied when determining "maintaining control" & "downward pressure" these days.

should've just kept it to tit for tat selection-wise. We made 5 changes for 2 blokes being out. It's not necessary and it messes up combinations in attack and defense. I would've just went with Walker at fullback, as u saw he's still a very good skillful runner and some of those left-hand side block plays we had, if we had him on the end of that instead of Garrick it would've given us more scoring chances. And Cust for Chez. Cust is like a mini version of Chez imo, he's a strike halfback, who has ball playing skills with also a good running game. Having Cust Walker and Foran all on the field for 80 minutes would've given us a better chance in attack. But nonetheless, nothing went our way and we were forced to defend our backsides off for most of the game.

I've seen plenty of very similar tries given this season, seems there's no consistency applied when determining "maintaining control" & "downward pressure" these days.
In these Covid times of penny-pinching the NRL should get rid of the Bunker, which makes just as many mistakes as do the on-field officials.
Once we get rid of the Bunker we'll all enjoy our football much more.

TBH I don't think last night was as bad as it looked.

OK, it was in the sense that we lost. But ... but ... I think its a good thing in that its probably brought the younger players back to some reality. The past few weeks we have had some rather easy wins, including one where Turbo didn't actually play. Maybe last night's loss will be good in keeping them grounded knowing that not every game is going to be us scoring 50+ and winning.

One thing I do hope is that its shown Des that unless he absolutely has to play them because there is no one else ... Jack Gosiewski, Moses Suli and I think Cade Cust should not be regulars in the first grade side.

The good thing is that although its unlikely Tom will back up 2 nights after Origin next week, DCE probably will front against St Merge. We'll also likely get Jake back as well.

Yep, Tom Burgess' match winning try v the Tigers springs to mind.
To determine that he "definitively" maintained possession when the ref ruled no try is drawing a long bow.

I know they have this "have to re-grip the ball ..." but to slow it down and look for anything more than frustrating and open to inconsistency.
Replay in real time, how come guys that have made their living being players and now commentators say "replay it in real speed, if it looks like a try, then it's a try" but the powers that be think otherwise?
I think the majority of fans and players would be happy with that, sure they'll get some wrong but we'd learn to live with it.

As @The Who mentioned, if you do it for a try then why not everything else?

The Raiders won that game off the back of ridiculously lopsided possession. The rot started when Keppie gave away a completely pointless 6 again on the 5th tackle and continued when he dropped the ball at the start of the second half.

If we hold the ball we win that match, even with the terrible individual performances we had. Most of the really dumb stuff in the second half was Dylan Walker playing jungle ball to try to score tries we hadn't earned the right to score. They were defending terribly because they were totally gassed. When we knuckled down and played actual footy we scored 2 tries in 10 minutes.

I'm not worried about that result moving forward. It was just a bad game.
Exactly keppie is a liability for us..he cost us the newcastle game where his brain fart and send off let the team down and basically gassed us then last night his lazy arse on the 5th tackle ignited the next gassing then he was back at it on 2nd half kick off..i am not a fan of keppie he lets the team down at crucial times and important matches...to lose by 14 lastnight wasnt to bad for how bad we played..we should of been flogged so that is a positive

OK, it was in the sense that we lost. But ... but ... I think its a good thing in that its probably brought the younger players back to some reality. The past few weeks we have had some rather easy wins, including one where Turbo didn't actually play. Maybe last night's loss will be good in keeping them grounded knowing that not every game is going to be us scoring 50+ and winning.

One thing I do hope is that its shown Des that unless he absolutely has to play them because there is no one else ... Jack Gosiewski, Moses Suli and I think Cade Cust should not be regulars in the first grade side.

The good thing is that although its unlikely Tom will back up 2 nights after Origin next week, DCE probably will front against St Merge. We'll also likely get Jake back as well.
And to your last paragraph next weeks game against the dragons takes on a whole new context now. If we take the same attitude and underestimate the dragons they will be coming with a point to prove and won't be easy beats whoever they field.

If we lose against the dragons they will be level with us competition points and we are right back fighting for our spot in the 8, win by any margin and we go 2 games clear in 6th.

Big stakes next weekend.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea how Sipley pulled up? Looked like it could’ve been a collar none or an AC joint?

U real

The good thing is that although its unlikely Tom will back up 2 nights after Origin next week, DCE probably will front against St Merge. We'll also likely get Jake back

I’m expecting Ben Hunt to play as well. Team mates Wednesday night, opposing each other Friday night.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8