• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan ridgepipe

Reserve Grader
my mail as of yesterday is

that there is every chance wolfmans injury may be season ending

a number of players have been training separately to main group for quite a while due to chronic niggling injuries with robbo being one of the worst effected

the young guys will only be used as a fallback option if things get dire

make of it what you will

I make of it that we need to scratch all plans and have a long hard look at out team.

Start blooding youngsters, the chips are low anyway

How do backs have niggling injuries before a ball has been kicked in anger?  Are we scrimping on medical staff again?

why dont you just get back in your box Cand C.

as a number of guys on this site will tell you I have prety good access to whats basically going on at the club and I thought it might be interesting for some readers.

take it how you will.i couldnt give a toss.

the news about wolfie doesn't surprise.  He never kicked on at parra because of injuries and he had one injury free season in 2008 and 2010 looks like being a continuance of his bad injury run.

And we signed him for another 2 or 3 years?  FMD

And aging player roster.  Des's reluctance to blood younger players looks like hitting us hard this year.  Made worse by the fact that we don't really have a reserve grade team

Yes we do, it plays in the Qld Cup.  The 'reluctance' you refer to Tooks is one game old. He well may blood younger players this season.  We should all take a deep breath and see what happens.   

DSM5 link said:
Yes we do, it plays in the Qld Cup.  The 'reluctance' you refer to Tooks is one game old. He well may blood younger players this season.  We should all take a deep breath and see what happens.   
  One game?  He did it all last year and it has been a hallmark of Des' entire coaching (and arguably playing) career. 

Do you remember how long we saw Jye Mullane's capers for?  It was obvious to all that he had to go, but it went on for week after week after week. 

DSM5 link said:

No. That reluctance has been noted for years.

Pretty sure DSM was sprouting about Dazzler's reluctance to blood youth last year when Hodko couldn't get a start over the Ox.

OK, I take back my suggestion that Hasler is not an agent for change.  One lives in hope though Matabele.  It can happen.  I just hope the conditioner gets the guys up to scratch this weekend so they can remain competitive for the whole match.  They were buggered for the last fifteen and that contributed to the loss imo.  The Tigers looked fresher, faster and thus had their tails up at the end.  Very funny Volley, I didn't name anyone explicitly to replace the little man, just anyone.

DSM5 link said:
OK, I take back my suggestion that Hasler is not an agent for change.  One lives in hope though Matabele. 
Yeah, I've been doing that about Mugabe for 30 years.  Fat lot of good it does hey?

susan ridgepipe link said:
my mail as of yesterday is

that there is every chance wolfmans injury may be season ending

a number of players have been training separately to main group for quite a while due to chronic niggling injuries with robbo being one of the worst effected

the young guys will only be used as a fallback option if things get dire

make of it what you will

It should not be a big surprise that players have niggles even before the season starts. It is more of a surprise when players can actually string many games together, such as Robbo, or Douglas from the Sharks. And that's probably more a fluke when you considere the impacts that occur. I know Kite had some 'clean-up' knee surgery off season, but he seemed ok the other night. Are there any other major worries you know of?

According to The Sunshine Coast Daily today, Bailey could be out this week too and Hodko could get an NRL call-up.  Bailey is set to undergo x-rays on a suspected broken hand he suffered in Monday night’s loss to the Wests Tigers.

Hodkinson could get NRL call-up

Steve Zemek | 19th March 2010

Sea Eagles half-back Trent Hodkinson could be called up for higher duties with Manly this weekend.
Warren Lynam

THE Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles could be without halfback Trent Hodkinson for their crunch Queensland Cup clash with the Central Comets at Stockland Park tomorrow.

The Daily understand the 20-year-old playmaker is in line for an NRL call-up for the injury-ravaged Manly.

Manly’s backline has been decimated following injuries to Brett Stewart, David Williams and Chris Bailey.

Bailey is set to undergo x-rays on a suspected broken hand he suffered in Monday night’s loss to the Wests Tigers.

A Manly spokesman confirmed the second rower-turned-centre was in doubt for the clash with the Eels at Parramatta Stadium on Sunday afternoon. More would be known following the team’s training run this morning.

If Bailey is forced to withdraw, captain Jamie Lyon could move from five-eighth to centre.

Hodkinson could then form an inexperienced halves combination with New Zealand representative Kieran Foran.

Manly and Sunshine Coast officials were tight-lipped yesterday.

However, they did confirm Hodkinson was on stand-by.

“We’ve got a number of players and options we want to look at first,” the Manly spokesman said.

“We’ll make the decision once we know a bit more today.”

If Hodkinson does receive his NRL debut, Ben Whiddon will likely move from the bench into the Sunshine Coast No.7 role.

Since the local team’s debut in the Queensland Cup last year, the Sea Eagles and the Comets have developed a small rivalry.

The Comets won their inaugural match 34-32, thanks to a last-ditch try orchestrated by then-Bronco Dave Taylor.

The Sunshine Coast responded with a 46-0 demolition of the Rockhampton team. However, the Comets got the last laugh of the season with a 21-14 semi-final win.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4