Lyon's share of praise

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
SEA Eagles godfather Ken Arthurson has paid Jamie Lyon the ultimate compliment as the Manly co-captain prepares to line-up in his 200th NRL game against the Warriors in Perth on Saturday evening.

Read the full article

"And apart from the fact he is a terrific player he is an outstanding person, too."

While Lyon will be on the other side of the country for his 200th NRL game, that is probably the way the centre prefers it.

He is still a country boy at heart who prefers to stay out of the spotlight."... Jamie lets his performance on the field do the talking rather than blowing his own trumpet. Champion player and champion bloke.

Cant argue with that. Some may say BK, and without understating his impact, Manly wouldn't make the GF's without Lyon.

Yes best buy without doubt. That try saving tackle on Gillett in the finals last year was one of the best things I have ever seen on a footy field.

i really hope that when the time comes to hang up the boots he is not lost to the club. The effect he could have working with juniors coming through, especially any country kids would be invaluable. Wouldn't hold it against him if he did return to the UK for a pay cheque, so long as he has a job waiting for him back at the club when he's done.

narelle clarke said:
I love watching him play he rarely turns in even an average game. He really is maroon and white legend!

Agreed!

Champion + infinity

Such a professional.

I would have thought the ultimate compliment would have been he's in Manlys greatest ever team. A topic covered by the good folk of silvertails not that long ago and from memory it was a resounding yes.

Even better than our best ever team, I reckon he might be in our top half dozen players of all time. I can certainly say he is in that group over the last 35 years.

My Dad is a manly supporter and a good friend of Noel Cleal's. When Manly were going okay in 05 and I was saying maybe we could win the comp - I was a little enthusiastic and he just said to me that the Eagles would give it a shake once they signed Jamie Lyon from St Helens. He was right in both respects and Lyon has grown so much with the club as a leader and a player that he would punt the anti ant cat bowl inventor from team of the year with ease. And Snoz was my favourite player as a kid.

BK still our best signing in the past 25 years though for me. What he did for the blokes around him and what he did for our team was unfathomable.

My Dad is a manly supporter and a good friend of Noel Cleal's. When Manly were going okay in 05 and I was saying maybe we could win the comp - I was a little enthusiastic and he just said to me that the Eagles would give it a shake once they signed Jamie Lyon from St Helens. He was right in both respects and Lyon has grown so much with the club as a leader and a player that he would punt the anti ant cat bowl inventor from team of the year with ease. And Snoz was my favourite player as a kid.

BK still our best signing in the past 25 years though for me. What he did for the blokes around him and what he did for our team was unfathomable.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
i really hope that when the time comes to hang up the boots he is not lost to the club. The effect he could have working with juniors coming through, especially any country kids would be invaluable. Wouldn't hold it against him if he did return to the UK for a pay cheque, so long as he has a job waiting for him back at the club when he's done.

My tip is that Jamie will be back to the bush as soon as his playing career is over. As much as I would love people like him involved with the club, I can't see it. I agree with your perceptions but he could be a valuable asset to the game in the bush.

I love Jamie that he has done wonders for Manly. I remind my Parra supporting acquaintances of his value regularly.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:

My tip is that Jamie will be back to the bush as soon as his playing career is over. As much as I would love people like him involved with the club, I can't see it. I agree with your perceptions but he could be a valuable asset to the game in the bush.

I love Jamie that he has done wonders for Manly. I remind my Parra supporting acquaintances of his value regularly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8