Lyon's heart misses a beat on arrival in London

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
Jamie Lyon's heart skipped a beat when an old run-in with British immigration officials threatened to rear its head again when Manly flew into London for rugby league's World Club Challenge (WCC).

A problem with his visa paperwork when Lyon arrived to join Super League club St Helens in 2005 led to a lengthy hold-up at the airport that time.

And, despite the five-eighth having travelled to and from the UK subsequently, the incident apparently set off alarm bells as he attempted to enter the country on Monday.

A club spokesman said after a few tense moments the issue was resolved however, and Lyons was allowed through passport control.

"That was sorted out fairly quickly, for a while Jamie thought, 'Oh no,"' he said.

The 23-man Sea Eagles squad flew business class and landed feeling fresh and alert for their warm-up match against London club Harlequins on Sunday ahead of their WCC clash with Leeds Rhinos at Elland Road on March 1.

"We're great ... the players went for a walk this afternoon to get their legs and they're looking forward to training tomorrow," the spokesman said.

Australian teams have struggled in the annual fixture, having won just two of the nine games since it became an annual event held in the UK in 2000. The Sydney Roosters were the last NRL team to win it, six years ago.

The cold, wet English winter conditions have often been blamed, and the Sea Eagles are determined to adapt quickly, hitting the training track on Tuesday morning (Tuesday night AEDT).

The match against Harlequins kicks off at 3pm Sunday (0200 Monday AEDT) at Twickenham Stoop in west London.

Test prop Brent Kite, on compassionate leave, is Manly's highest profile absentee from the tour, and star Parramatta signing Tony Williams is out injured.

New recruits Chris Bailey and Shane Rodney are in the squad, while backs Steve Matai and Brett Stewart are expected to play in the WCC clash after recovering from off-season surgery.

George Rose returns from his horrific broken leg suffered in 2007.

Please - o please League gods spare us any injury. My team for Harlequins (to avaoid injury):-

1. D. Singe
2. André Rickenbach
3. Reilly
4. Penn
5. Deans
6. Cliffy - GC that is
7. Hasler
8. Aaron
9. Delmege
10. G Mayer
11. Zorba
12. Sibraa
13. Mouse

and I reckon they's STILL beat a team with Randall, Dorn and Heckenberg in it ! LoL

Ryan link said:
Please - o please League gods spare us any injury. My team for Harlequins (to avaoid injury):-

1. D. Singe
2. André Rickenbach
3. Reilly
4. Penn
5. Deans
6. Cliffy - GC that is
7. Hasler
8. Aaron
9. Delmege
10. G Mayer
11. Zorba
12. Sibraa
13. Mouse

and I reckon they's STILL beat a team with Randall, Dorn and Heckenberg in it ! LoL
That is a cracker of a team! Plenty of size and weight - won't get pushed off the ball.

Max at 9 could improve his delivery and Penn on the wing will have a chance to show his evasive skills and fancy footwork!!! :)

Penn would be sent of in the first minute for kicking his own team-mates.  Zorba for whinging and being a little bum-****er.  Still Delmege would rally the troops and score the last and winning touchdown.   

1. Chris Hicks
2. Scott Donald
3. Steven Bell
4. Mark Lennon
6. Luke Dorn
7. Michael Monaghan
8. Daniel Heckenberg
9. Chad Randall
10. Kylie Leuluai
11.Phil Bailey
12. Luke Williamson
13. Steve Menzies