Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I'll eat some humble pie for a few comment about Lyon at 6.

He is our best option. We looked a lot better with him in the halves than Burns.

Still a long way to go but of the cattle we got he's the best option for next year forward.

Also, Bell made the most of a few side shuffles tonight. Hopefully the Origin has played him back into form and he keeps up tonights performance in the weeks to come.

Lyon played ok. I still miss him making those line breaks, rather than creating them...but hey, I'm being greedy !!!

Did Lyon play tonight? I thought he was injured.
cmon mata get your head outa your ass, by far our best lineup of the year, although menzies atarting over williamson could be a improvement. pardon over speeling mistakeees im a bit tanked.

Lyon was okay tonight but I am not totally convinced. What is apparent though is that our outside men scored a heap of tries and Orford was hitting the line again. Beaver also made the extra man a few times out wide so what is happening inside must be okay.

I thought Lyon was really good last night, heavily involved early on and was setting up a few things.

That ball he got to Menzies who then hit Orford and then Stewart dropped it was class

The back line scored all the tries last night so all of them must be doing the right things. Lyon is terrific in defense and doesn't give the penalties that Burnsy does so he'll do me at 5/8 for the time being (and I'm a burns fan). It was interesting that Des went for the power bench last night. Will he do it again against the Tigers?

He still hasn't even made 1 line break this season. Until he does, I think he is underperforming.

You are wrong.

Lyon has made one line break this year against the dogs. he beat 4 players and then dropped the ball when he was in the clear. :roll:

Hasn't made a line break and has made one Try Assist. Great 5/8. Good way to spend 500K. Would have been better off buying BK a Bentley.

Jamie Lyon
Games 13
Line Breaks 0
Try Assists 1
Tackles 286
Trys 4

Hasn't made a line break and has made one Try Assist. Great 5/8. Good way to spend 500K. Would have been better off buying BK a Bentley.

Jamie Lyon
Games 13
Line Breaks 0
Try Assists 1
Tackles 286
Trys 4
Read above - those comments are wrong as I saw him break the line in one game!!!!! :cop:

Question to you all:-

Would you rather play WITH or AGAINST a team that Jamie Lyon is playing in?

Thank you. I think we all know the correct answer here.

Not saying he's a bad player, when he is on he's a freak.

I'm happy we signed him. But not entirely happy with his attack.

Canteen Worker - ok, 1 Line break then. Huge feat. lol.

Stats like that don't really show the full picture

If Bell had found the line a couple of times v the Dogs where he was just short that may have been another couple of try assists. On saturday night if Stewart had have caught that ball from Orford that would have been another one he had set up

He is showing enough for me at 5/8 to show he could have the goods. Maybe he is trying a bit hard to setup others with a pass than run himself but that balance will come with time.

I've just seen the game again on Fox and Lyon did indeed make one line break on Saturday. But it's his defense that really impresses me. His ability to read the play and shut down players, ball and all, is excellent. I think he'll develop the other skills needed.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4